Constellation, Account Reconciliation & Effects in NS2. Any?

TritophTritoph Join Date: 2004-04-03 Member: 27703Members
Eight years ago I became a Constellation member under an old email. I still have access to the email account.

A year ago (approx.), I and several other friends bought NS2, registered through Steam, and set up my copy on my Steam account.

Is there anyway to reconcile the two? Are they separate accounts? I searched the forums a bit and didn't find much.

I believe that you get a Constellation icon in NS2; is there anything beyond that? Do I get a shiny pin on my marine or dainty pink claws for my aliens?

If I've posted this in the wrong forum, I apologize. I couldn't find anything more specific to this topic.

Thanks for any info!

Comments

• mf-mf- Join Date: 2008-06-17 Member: 64463Members
    I have like an 03 uwe forum account that has been lost since the forums went down. I was constellation as well, be great to get a ns1 constellation icon in NS2 :)

Show how old school i am hahah
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    So far no Constellation icons from NS1 in NS2.

The only icons are from a while ago Pax East, and being in Squad Five for exceptional contribution.
  • tschumanntschumann Australia Join Date: 2010-05-26 Member: 71862Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1972547:date=Sep 6 2012, 02:45 PM:name=Tritoph)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tritoph @ Sep 6 2012, 02:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972547"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Eight years ago I became a Constellation member under an old email. I still have access to the email account.

A year ago (approx.), I and several other friends bought NS2, registered through Steam, and set up my copy on my Steam account.

Is there anyway to reconcile the two? Are they separate accounts? I searched the forums a bit and didn't find much.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/forums/index.php?showtopic=98393&hl=\lost+constellation+status\" target="_blank">This</a> might be what you're looking for.
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1972590:date=Sep 6 2012, 04:45 PM:name=mf-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mf- @ Sep 6 2012, 04:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1972590"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have like an 03 uwe forum account that has been lost since the forums went down. I was constellation as well, be great to get a ns1 constellation icon in NS2 :)

Show how old school i am hahah<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

found it :)

make that 04 march account.
  • TailorTailor Join Date: 2003-02-24 Member: 13927Members, Constellation
    *shrug*

We helped Charlie and the team out when they needed it then and got a small thank you in the form of a small side forum, in-game icon and a forum icon (if you can remember your account info).

To me, that is enough.

Obviously, if the spare time comes around to show constie status in ns2 comes around, I'm not going to complain, but I would rather have features, gameplay, and bug fixing. Hell, I would probably rather have them developing a new game if nothing else is needed in NS2.
  • VerslayerVerslayer Join Date: 2004-09-28 Member: 31966Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Do you know if there`s any way to get Const back in game for NS2?

In the forum I`m still on "Constellation" group so i think i should get back my icon ingame :D

Salutes
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
  • l1stenl1sten Russia Join Date: 2014-04-19 Member: 195490Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    how to get constellation?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    l1sten wrote: »
    how to get constellation?

You can't get it anymore. If you previously had one and lost it for some reason, then you might be able to get it back if you provide proof you previously had it.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    mf- wrote: »
    I have like an 03 uwe forum account that has been lost since the forums went down. I was constellation as well, be great to get a ns1 constellation icon in NS2 :)

The infamous year-long hack fix on those forums.. brings back memories..
  • MRDMRD Join Date: 2004-02-06 Member: 26167Members
    You can't get it anymore. If you previously had one and lost it for some reason, then you might be able to get it back if you provide proof you previously had it.
    seemed to have lost mine got my cons like everyone who playes in the 1st teamEU vs teamUSA ns 1.04 that horrid unbalanced marines always win version where USA marines lost !?!?!
    hope that suffice's if not plz explain "proof"
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    RapGod wrote: »

mine shows up on the forums but not in ns2, my other friend who was also a constie has his

gonna have to remedy this XD
  • NotPaLaGiNotPaLaGi Join Date: 2014-05-29 Member: 196291Members

mine shows up on the forums but not in ns2, my other friend who was also a constie has his

Welp there goes the neighborhood...
  • asmodeeasmodee Join Date: 2007-06-20 Member: 61317Members, Constellation

Any idea how to remedy this? I see constellation icons in NS2, but mine doesn't work. My forum profile doesn't seem to have a place to put my steam ID anymore. I'm pretty sure it used to. I'm listed as being in the constellation group on the forums.