Longest game ever

oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
edited September 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">We've broke the record !!!!!!!!&#3</div><center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4DGjfdT5LuU"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4DGjfdT5LuU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->118 min match !!!<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

You must have strong mentality, don't bother getting food. Food are for the weak :P Water is okay though. Always have water right next to you as preparation :D

Comments

• {GGs} Chicken{GGs} Chicken Join Date: 2011-11-22 Member: 134663Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Maybe longest in the recent builds. 118min is nothing during the turtling sentry spam, terrible alien player days
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    One of my first ns2 matches lasted 8 hours or so. You might ask why didn't I quit. Well I was having a blast, couldn't sleep anyways, and I was having a blast. Me and about 4-6 other people stayed the whole game. Most people got bored after an hour. No turtling either. Neither side could gain anything on the other.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I've played at least 2 hour games. They were usually terrible marine sentry turtle fests. Not something I'd prefer to see very often.
  • BigDBigD [OldF] Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1596Members
    Bah, you kids and your music. Back in the old days, games were measured in days, not minutes! Ahh Sanjii...
  • TsfenTsfen Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157893Members
    Was this game in the US? I think it mightve been the one I was in, quite possibly best game ive played. Uploader could you please re-upload somewhere? Vid no longer works on youtube...
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    edited May 2013
    152 minute game, was just insane, a game of musical chairs as we kept taking each others bases, Atrium hive got killed a good 5 times in a row, lmao

At around 120 minutes the RT position at computer labs refused to accept anymore extractors, just bugged out completely, the server was lagging like a bitch too, lol

The game was played on [UK] ZM (AFK) kick if anyone is interested :)

1t8m53.jpg
  • UbermenschenUbermenschen Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185330Members
    edited May 2013
    Not to mention the Phase Gates we're lagging every time you phased through

1MoRhgK.jpg

My eyes burn =_=

The map before the aliens died
    uwENLnz.jpg
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I love the occasional long games (as long as the team is working together and communicating).

Longest game I played was only 95 minutes on Refinery, but man that was awesome. Best moment was jetpack+shotgun versus three lerks in Mid, with mid-air medpack catches.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Games of up to 8 hours weren't unheard of on ns_nothing I hear, though I never managed to play one :(
  • Tom_BmxTom_Bmx Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185331Members
    I think I must of built at least over 250 MAC's ( i had 3 factories producing them all the time ) and maybe 80-100 ARC's in total lmao.

19 kills with sentries ftw !
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Man that game was so brutal, my eyes are still burning from it. Was commanding aliens for 2 hours straight while joining a game 30 mins in is so stressful. Back and forth base trades, constant Exo ARC pushes that failed and succeeded, Onos vs Exo square offs everywhere, power suicides. If only I dedicated one comfortable player to go Lerk then we might have succeeded, just very few Lerk support all game.

Marines played very well, aliens did too, best game I've had in a long time despite losing eventually :)
    edited May 2013
    Yes it was an amazing game, thanks for the great experience guys :)

2zjmcs0.jpg

detrnl.jpg
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    Is that an armory wall in crossroads to stop onos?
    simba wrote: »

Yeah, without that, I think the marines would have lost. Allowed them to beacon quickly since we often had 3-5 onos out rushing a base with a pack of gorges behind.
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    Games of up to 8 hours weren't unheard of on ns_nothing I hear, though I never managed to play one :(

I wouldn't want to play a match that long, 2 hours was a good time, lol
    edited May 2013
    simba wrote: »

Yer I built them to stop onos getting in / out so quickly plus it provides a early warning for attacks.

Otherwise the 4 onos just destroy the obs in seconds, we where loosing bases / power 2 often without them.
  • BigDaveBigDave Join Date: 2013-05-22 Member: 185335Members
    That was a sick game i crashed about an hour in then i just watched from the web admin but then had to close that to give the server as much free resources as possible :)
    Despite NS2stats being enabled during the game, the match is not showing on the website :(
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    BigD wrote: »
    Bah, you kids and your music. Back in the old days, games were measured in days, not minutes! Ahh Sanjii...
    One of my favorite memories is participating in the 18-hour Battle for Bast on Nano-Gridlock. Along with the three zero-hive comebacks back in the 1.03 days.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    NS1 - Ns_hera 13 hour battle royal that just didn't seem to end, tho many people did leave so I think that's why it lasted so long
  • piratedavepiratedave Join Date: 2012-03-10 Member: 148561Members
    118 minutes ? what a let down, here i thought it was something special -_-
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I leave games that are already over from my mind aspect but still continue due to a turtle and terrible players who do not know how to coordinate the end to a match
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Someone needs to get the official longest time...

Mine personally was a massive 3-layered turtle in locker...
  • SpoogeSpooge Thunderbolt missile in your cheerios Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 67Members
    ezekel wrote: »
    I leave games that are already over from my mind aspect but still continue due to a turtle and terrible players who do not know how to coordinate the end to a match

Thanks for playing Debbie Downer!

edited May 2013

That's why this game was so epic, 152 minutes with no clear winner until the last 5 mins.

we lost bases over 10 times same for aliens, one minute aliens started 2 win then marines back and forth huge onos rushes etc wiping out all our stuff, was full on mental for the whole game. moving bases non stop rebuilding infrastructure all the time.

both teams trying as hard as possible to win, large coordinated attacks by both teams.

• IAMKINGIAMKING Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159328Members
    Tom_Bmx wrote: »

That's why this game was so epic, 152 minutes with no clear winner until the last 5 mins.

we lost bases over 10 times same for aliens, one minute aliens started 2 win then marines back and forth huge onos rushes etc wiping out all our stuff, was full on mental for the whole game. moving bases non stop rebuilding infrastructure all the time.

both teams trying as hard as possible to win, large coordinated attacks by both teams.
    I'm sure there was a clear winner, it's just that both teams were so bad that it didn't matter.
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure there was a clear winner, it's just that both teams were so bad that it didn't matter.

That's a bit elitist and it was a rookie friendly server and is public play. Even from my commanding perspective though, there wasn't much communication from my team, I had to call out almost EVERYTHING and coordinate EVERYTHING, there was no field commander or consistently vocal players. Even so, there wasn't a clear winner, it was back and forth constantly. Aliens push forward, take a third base for awhile then marines take it back. We assaulted a different base and took it, they took it back eventually. This continued all throughout until the last 15 minutes. Onos vs Exo constantly being exchanged and traded.

Aliens still put up one hell of a fight.
    edited May 2013
    Indeed you did, i went through 7 exo's during the long game, it was the funnest game i've played in months, hope to play another like it soon :)

I hate the way a lot of people diss off public games like no one playing them actually knows what they are doing.

Sure there are new starters on both the team and the commanders side that can be painful to play with but after a while of a server going up, you get regulars and these people do know how to play, hell some of them are the newbies who stuck with the game to become better players.

It does suck to lose but like in real life, you can't win them all and life's too short to take a game so seriously you can't have fun without dominating the opposite team every damn game, i've been in those games and i personally find them boring and unfufilling.
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    I miss the epic end games, people quit so easy these days. Saying that, I have seen some amazing come backs when playing with a group of regulars.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    RAZDAZ sounds like the most epic match! to bad i missed that one. i love games where you can kill of and defend bases against like 13 onoses coming at full force! then have to repay the favor after loosing the command centers. This one game marine had 1 cc against 4 hives and somehow we managed to turn it around after 130 minutes after getting the proto up and running again on refinary...nowadays most just lose an rt or harverster and concede haha