Please End The 5 Min Game

13»

Comments

• Minstrel_KnightMinstrel_Knight The truth and nothing but the truth... Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9562Banned
    edited December 2002
    <!--QuoteBegin--CrouchingHamster+HiddenElvis,Dec 21 2002, 09:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CrouchingHamster @ HiddenElvis,Dec 21 2002, 09:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->All this talk of "experienced players" and "veterans" makes me laugh..Hello? It's been out since Halloween! Come back in a year, then you can claim to be an "experienced veteran" if you like..

Face it kids, the only "NS veterans" on the whole planet at the moment are the playtesters..  

/sighs<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I have over 300 hours playtime on NS I hope that I could be considered experienced. And regardless experience is not a measure of time but of skill. You could be experienced after playing for a week if you are good enough at picking up the game. Heh and I am also #1 in NS on csports.net
  • CrouchingHamsterCrouchingHamster Join Date: 2002-08-17 Member: 1181Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Minstrel Knight+Dec 21 2002, 07:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Minstrel Knight @ Dec 21 2002, 07:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Heh and I am also #1 in NS on csports.net<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Good for you. That means your kill / death ratio is very good..

Thing is, it's a stategy oriented team game...
  • Minstrel_KnightMinstrel_Knight The truth and nothing but the truth... Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9562Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin--CrouchingHamster,HiddenElvis+Dec 21 2002, 10:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CrouchingHamster,HiddenElvis @ Dec 21 2002, 10:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin--Minstrel Knight+Dec 21 2002, 07:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Minstrel Knight @ Dec 21 2002, 07:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Heh and I am also #1 in NS on csports.net<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Good for you. That means your kill / death ratio is very good..

Thing is, it's a stategy oriented team game...<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yep. That would be the only thing the beta testers are going to be more experienced with. Since they played together for months they are going to be very good at working as a team and knowing each others strengths and weaknesses giving them an advantage on the strategic level against newly formed NS clans.
  • reborebo Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2734Members
    Remember the evolution of strategy is at a much faster rate now then ever during the playtesting stage due to the number of people playing and the high bandwidth distribution of ideas via irc and these forums. The playtesters didnt even try/know about the phase gate strategy.
  • HannebambelHannebambel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5416Banned
    The 5 min games is not a problem of the NS Team but of the players.

It is a sign that Teams are not really balanced.

Balanced maybe in count, but not in case of skill.

And that´s the problem of every HL Mod and every pub server.

The experts are on one side and the noobs of the other.

And that sux.

Good and bad players should be on both teams in a balanced number.
  • EdcrabEdcrab Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4324Members
    To clarify my (much) earlier post, I was refering to it not being practically possible to counter rushes with coding. I.e., tweaking them, stopping them from happening as the thread posters point was. Not actually stopping a team doing them- that's tactics, not the balance in the game.
  • theMANwithTHEcheesetheMANwithTHEcheese Join Date: 2002-11-27 Member: 10085Members
    For gods sake U don't need to change the game that drastically and please don't even think about it, I know people have said it already but its all about the players and the teamwork, most of the time on the server I play the alien always get the second hive but by doing this they haven't put many resource towers down so the marines will have more nodes and it works out even. You sound like you play on the same servers with the same players who know each others tactics. And the five min game mainly is due to the resource bug, which has been discussed to death on another thread.