Get rid of Hallucination

2»

Comments

• Death_by_bulletsDeath_by_bullets Join Date: 2004-03-14 Member: 27336Members
    Had a great time staging my own gorge rush using Hallucination. It distracted the marines very effectively.
  • KurrineKurrine Join Date: 2010-07-03 Member: 72235Members
    <!--coloro:#aadd00--><span style="color:#aadd00"><!--/coloro--> Oh man I hope they aren't releasing on time, there's no way this game is going to be acceptable in that time frame.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • Egad!Egad! Join Date: 2011-10-19 Member: 128250Members
    They should delay until Christmas, IMO.
  • elmo9000elmo9000 Join Date: 2012-03-24 Member: 149324Members
    I havent seen illusions used for anything else than lagging the server to oblivion. Kinda like drifter train, but atleast they can do some damage.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2012
    Fair enough. There is little time left to get them working. But as it stands now, they aren't game breaking or doing anything bad to the game.
    I don't think that they are such a marine-killer as you say. If the marine really dies by an alien because he had shooting a illusion, so what? The marine destroyed alien T-Res and can pick-up his weapon (if he had one.) I don't see any unbalance here. On numbers it works like a mine.
    Maybe they get deactivated in the polishing-phase. But after 1.0 there is enough time to fix them and make them useful.
  • playerplayer Join Date: 2010-09-12 Member: 73982Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1951134:date=Jul 12 2012, 11:50 PM:name=Egad!)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Egad! @ Jul 12 2012, 11:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1951134"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They should delay until Christmas, IMO.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually I'd say hold them to that summer-release. Not because it is anywhere near done (because it ain't), but rather because I fear even more time will be wasted on arbitrary feature-addition\modification, while already existing problems aren't adequately adresssed. Right now their hand is basically forced on a couple of issues, which I think is a good thing because now we'll finally see some real progress in areas where progress has been lacking.