b 213!

Comments

• Raza.Raza. Join Date: 2004-01-24 Member: 25663Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1950755:date=Jul 11 2012, 11:07 PM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Jul 11 2012, 11:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950755"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Before this build: Alien vision on when in combat, otherwise off so you have hive sight and can see lighting.

After this build: Spam alien vision on and off when seeking targets. Off in combat else you cannot leap, blink or in some cases even attack.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Exactly. Alien vision is most useful in combat and that is also when the energy regeneration is most important. Really weird change.
    Also what Zek said.
  • RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1950679:date=Jul 11 2012, 11:43 AM:name=DJPenguin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DJPenguin @ Jul 11 2012, 11:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950679"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->dunno if it's because I'm testing out the new alien comm with cheats 1 on but.. while laying down cysts after a while i couldn't drop anything else.. cysts, rt's, etc. can <i>sometimes</i> be fixed by reentering hive but this is frequently happening.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Got this same bug. Slows you down as alien team
  • Salraine_ChiSalraine_Chi Join Date: 2011-07-03 Member: 107669Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1950767:date=Jul 11 2012, 09:30 PM:name=Zek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zek @ Jul 11 2012, 09:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950767"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've argued about alien vision what feels like a hundred times, but I have to reiterate my position because this is a massive leap backwards from an already problematic system IMO. Alien vision was a necessary feature because tracking marines in frantic melee combat(with your bite cam going off, spores everywhere, etc etc) is too difficult without it. Aliens left it on all the time because they enjoy being able to see things clearly. AV being always on was never a gameplay problem but rather an atmosphere problem - people don't like leaving it on because it kills all the pretty textures and effects. Nerfing it to force people to turn it off sometimes is a clumsy fix to the atmosphere problem, which brings us back to the original gameplay problem we started with.

Leaving AV on all the time is not a bad thing. It worked fine in NS1, aliens should simply not ever have trouble seeing things. All you have to do is abandon the "night vision goggle" view filter effect and choose something more subdued that lets them see without ruining the game's aesthetics. Please just come up with a prettier version of NS1 alien vision and call it a day.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree. Had a few games and im getting RSI switching AV on and off constantly. Aliens shouldn't be penalised for seeing in the dark as its their advantage. It would be just as unfair to limit the time the marines flash light can be used for. It is especially hard to see if a lerk has just spored in a room in combat. The advantage Aliens had in the dark and through spores has gone now as its near to impossible to use while attacking. It was fine the way it was.

The build seems good so far apart from that. the only other change I don't like is the big arrows directing marines to way points and the extra symbols above stuff like the armoury with the med cross above it. Its just not needed as the thin blue line was more than enough. I hope we get the option to turn this stuff off, also the rings around builds and power nodes etc.
  • YuukiYuuki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75079Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1950767:date=Jul 11 2012, 09:30 PM:name=Zek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zek @ Jul 11 2012, 09:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950767"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes.
  • twostrokertwostroker Join Date: 2012-02-09 Member: 144573Members
    edited July 2012
    Whit out alien vision i just cant focus on the marines i fight.

gray background and gray marines makes it difficult
  • DeadzoneDeadzone Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17911Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1950767:date=Jul 11 2012, 04:30 PM:name=Zek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zek @ Jul 11 2012, 04:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950767"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've argued about alien vision what feels like a hundred times, but I have to reiterate my position because this is a massive leap backwards from an already problematic system IMO. Alien vision was a necessary feature because tracking marines in frantic melee combat(with your bite cam going off, spores everywhere, etc etc) is too difficult without it. Aliens left it on all the time because they enjoy being able to see things clearly. AV being always on was never a gameplay problem but rather an atmosphere problem - people don't like leaving it on because it kills all the pretty textures and effects. Nerfing it to force people to turn it off sometimes is a clumsy fix to the atmosphere problem, which brings us back to the original gameplay problem we started with.

Leaving AV on all the time is not a bad thing. It worked fine in NS1, aliens should simply not ever have trouble seeing things. All you have to do is abandon the "night vision goggle" view filter effect and choose something more subdued that lets them see without ruining the game's aesthetics. Please just come up with a prettier version of NS1 alien vision and call it a day.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

^this please

Anyone else having trouble with their client not updating?
  • SlamHanniganSlamHannigan Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153952Members
    edited July 2012
    I have to agree with Zek, but I'd like to add the suggestion that if AV makes players and structures glow, it would probably be a better change to make them glow a color that contrasts with the environment, as opposed to just making the models brighter and calling it a day. One thing that might be fun to play with is to play with the saturation and contrast of the environment, and add an outline to other players and structures, while upping the saturation or changing the general hue for those models.
  • ZycaRZycaR Join Date: 2002-11-12 Member: 8263Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1950767:date=Jul 11 2012, 05:30 PM:name=Zek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zek @ Jul 11 2012, 05:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950767"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've argued about alien vision what feels like a hundred times, but I have to reiterate my position because this is a massive leap backwards from an already problematic system IMO. Alien vision was a necessary feature because tracking marines in frantic melee combat(with your bite cam going off, spores everywhere, etc etc) is too difficult without it. Aliens left it on all the time because they enjoy being able to see things clearly. AV being always on was never a gameplay problem but rather an atmosphere problem - people don't like leaving it on because it kills all the pretty textures and effects. Nerfing it to force people to turn it off sometimes is a clumsy fix to the atmosphere problem, which brings us back to the original gameplay problem we started with.

yes ... and again QFT!!!

please let AV as it was in 212, aliens need to see clearly in dark places, in rooms full of spores.
  • Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2012
    Didn't like this build at all for the 2 main reasons:

1.) Alien vision with energy change. I don't remember anyone complaining before, why the change?
    2.) Skulk wall-jump is COMPLETELY absent (who decides these changes anyway? Bad marines?) and leap with overall skulk movement is stale, floaty, and slow. I don't remember anyone complaining before, why the change?

Fighting against Jetpacks is still intolerable, and probably because Kharaa no longer have the Focus swipe/bite/spit/gore ability from NS1.

Fade blink is still intolerable, considering you can't reblink as fast as you can swipe. Extremely crucial in hitting jetpacks.
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2012
    I so many issues with the new alien vision change . because the regeneration stops when using the new av :(

Then HOW can lerk fly around in a room and gas without the alien vision ?? ... they wont be able to see the marines... :( Because there wont be any point using the av if it doesnt regen. :(
  • JoracyJoracy Join Date: 2012-06-17 Member: 153367Members
    I've seen a thread or two argueing that alien vision lacks enough negative side effects (only having some obstructions to vision such as the lack of hive sight). Some people don't agree with this, thinking that alien vision should have 0 negative side effects, and some people seem to say that the loss of hive sight is negative enough. I rarely if ever use hive sight, only during the actual pitch black darkness right after power goes out, or when the spores/etc are really, really over the top, but I don't have a problem with people using it more heavily, as I think vision really should be an advantage that aliens have over marines. I can accept that it should have some negative side effects however, and that loss of hive sight might not be enough, but this is far, far, far too much in the that direction. Hive sight certainly shouldn't drastically interfere with alien combat, and losing, or dramatically lessening regeneration will do this. If they want some kind of mechanic to make people actually have to think about using alien vision, I don't think this is a very good one.
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    whats this 20 meg update now?
  • KrovakonKrovakon Join Date: 2012-05-20 Member: 152332Members
    Drifters no longer stay cloaked when using enzyme.

Personally i feel this is a horrible change. Very few people micro'd the drifters and now they made it near-pointless to use drifters since Both the DRIFTER AND ENZYME cost resources.

I think they should

A: Revert back to allowing drifters to enzyme while cloaked
    B:Make Enzyme free with a cooldown.

Check your precious statistics. How many drifters were created? How many times was enzyme used? Was it THAT large of an amount that you felt the need to make the drifter even more useless?
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    214 just got released as a hotfix for a number of bugs. Changelogs coming.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1950773:date=Jul 11 2012, 09:59 PM:name=Salraine_Chi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Salraine_Chi @ Jul 11 2012, 09:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950773"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->the only other change I don't like is the big arrows directing marines to way points and the extra symbols above stuff like the armoury with the med cross above it. Its just not needed as the thin blue line was more than enough. I hope we get the option to turn this stuff off, also the rings around builds and power nodes etc.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The thin blue line was not enough. We've been told time and time again by players, as well as witnessed it ourselves, that they can't see the line. Making the game more user friendly is a big focus for us now, and helping to guide players to where they need to get to is a big part of that. There will be options to turn off tool tips, and disable the more obvious stuff that you need to only see once or twice to learn, of which the symbols over the armory is probably a good example of.

--Cory
  • DrFlammableDrFlammable Join Date: 2012-04-18 Member: 150705Members
    i really hope we see some new viable strategies with shift and egg planting since it seems you can put them anywhere within range as long as it's on creep. take over an adjacent room and keep the pressure up with a bunch of eggs early game.
  • Neil79Neil79 Join Date: 2012-07-06 Member: 153950Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1950791:date=Jul 12 2012, 12:25 AM:name=Obraxis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Obraxis @ Jul 12 2012, 12:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950791"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->214 just got released as a hotfix for a number of bugs. Changelogs coming.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good good, changelog would be helpful :)
  • weezlweezl Join Date: 2008-07-04 Member: 64557Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    major bug/exploit:
    1. Phasegates work after losing power and even after being destroyed as long as the model is still in the game.
    2. ONE Xeno does like 30x explosions in quick succession - all doing dmg!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
  • Cee Colon SlashCee Colon Slash Join Date: 2012-05-25 Member: 152581Members
    edited July 2012
    I'm not a fan of losing the alien abilities with the loss of the second and/or third hive. This gives marines a much better opportunity to break the alien stalemate; if they can take the first hive, the odds are good that they will take the remaining hives simply because the alien players have <i><b>immediately</b></i> lost their upgraded abilities (stomp / vortex / xeno / umbra on losing hive 3, leap / spikes / bile bomb on losing hive 2). Now the marines have the tech required to take down the hive, but the aliens are at an immediate disadvantage; this is most poignant facing GL-wielding jetpackers and they take down hive 2, and now skulks don't have leap, lerks don't have spikes and fades don't have blink - all the tools they need to take out a jetpacker.

Contrast this with the marine side, where if you take out a proto lab or the second CC, all the marines still have their jetpacks (they don't immediately stop working) and a quick rebuild of the dead structure brings them back immediately, whereas you have to re-grow a hive to get your tier 2 / 3 abilities back.

And when the Exosuit gets added... that will be the cherry on top for marines. Primal scream and whatever the Gorge tier 3 ability is better be something fierce to level the current playing field.

(edit: unless build 214 allows aliens to keep their abilities despite the loss of the hive. These comments come from B213.)
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    edited July 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1950767:date=Jul 11 2012, 05:30 PM:name=Zek)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zek @ Jul 11 2012, 05:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950767"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've argued about alien vision what feels like a hundred times, but I have to reiterate my position because this is a massive leap backwards from an already problematic system IMO. Alien vision was a necessary feature because tracking marines in frantic melee combat(with your bite cam going off, spores everywhere, etc etc) is too difficult without it. Aliens left it on all the time because they enjoy being able to see things clearly. AV being always on was never a gameplay problem but rather an atmosphere problem - people don't like leaving it on because it kills all the pretty textures and effects. Nerfing it to force people to turn it off sometimes is a clumsy fix to the atmosphere problem, which brings us back to the original gameplay problem we started with.

I feel I really have to second this, this will seriously hinder the usefullness of spore in the later game (since your own team will suffer as much from the view blocking as the enemy) combined with the inherently faster and more frantic nature of alien movement (due to them being melee they require considerably more mobility and movement then the marines).

<!--quoteo(post=1950793:date=Jul 11 2012, 07:32 PM:name=Squeal_Like_A_Pig)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squeal_Like_A_Pig @ Jul 11 2012, 07:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950793"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The thin blue line was not enough. We've been told time and time again by players, as well as witnessed it ourselves, that they can't see the line. Making the game more user friendly is a big focus for us now, and helping to guide players to where they need to get to is a big part of that. There will be options to turn off tool tips, and disable the more obvious stuff that you need to only see once or twice to learn, of which the symbols over the armory is probably a good example of.

--Cory<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

But please put in a user side option to turn them off, I for one do not care for them.

Also the leap feels very sluggish, I think it is because of the decrease in gravity during it. The skulk got a good portion of his momentum from the latter dive-like part of the leap, now acceleration during that part has decreased and leap has become much slower.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1950853:date=Jul 12 2012, 01:23 PM:name=1dominator1)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1dominator1 @ Jul 12 2012, 01:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950853"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also the leap feels very sluggish, I think it is because of the decrease in gravity during it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Indeed. The lower gravity is causing alot of problems such as making the skulk very much feel like a lerk, being able to get heaps of 'wall jump air' just by flicking your mouse without jumping (you can even chain this), leap bumping you into ceiling crap and not going where you are pointing. And lower downward acceleration like you mention.
  • JaweeseJaweese Join Date: 2006-11-04 Member: 58356Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1950860:date=Jul 11 2012, 10:42 PM:name=elodea)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elodea @ Jul 11 2012, 10:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950860"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1950853:date=Jul 11 2012, 10:23 PM:name=1dominator1)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (1dominator1 @ Jul 11 2012, 10:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950853"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Also the leap feels very sluggish, I think it is because of the decrease in gravity during it. The skulk got a good portion of his momentum from the latter dive-like part of the leap, now acceleration during that part has decreased and leap has become much slower.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Indeed. The lower gravity is causing alot of problems such as making the skulk very much feel like a lerk, being able to get heaps of 'wall jump air' just by flicking your mouse without jumping (you can even chain this), leap bumping you into ceiling crap and not going where you are pointing. And lower downward acceleration like you mention.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Gravity does not change when leaping.
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->elseif self.leaping then
            return gravity * 1
    end<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    However, the leap formula was changed to give you less forward velocity and more vertical velocity.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1950888:date=Jul 12 2012, 01:19 AM:name=Jaweese)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jaweese @ Jul 12 2012, 01:19 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950888"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Indeed. The lower gravity is causing alot of problems such as making the skulk very much feel like a lerk, being able to get heaps of 'wall jump air' just by flicking your mouse without jumping (you can even chain this), leap bumping you into ceiling crap and not going where you are pointing. And lower downward acceleration like you mention.

Gravity does not change when leaping.
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->elseif self.leaping then
            return gravity * 1
    end<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    However, the leap formula was changed to give you less forward velocity and more vertical velocity.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why doesnt it just give you velocity in the direction you are looking? Seems a lot simpler and more intuitive to me, let the player decide the angle and thus the distribution of velocity to vertical and horizontal.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I tone in with the masses of energy-for-AV-is-bad. The other points I'm looking forward to test them. The change-log sounds nice but I'm a bit worried, that the 2nd hive will be too much of a game decider again.

<!--quoteo(post=1950768:date=Jul 11 2012, 11:35 PM:name=Ryne)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ryne @ Jul 11 2012, 11:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950768"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Ive made a mod that does this if you are interested. This is a horrible example but basically players/structures glow, no other effects:

<a href="http://i.imgur.com/WVwJm.jpg" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/WVwJm.jpg</a>

Download here (worked in 212, havent tried in 213): <a href="http://www.2shared.com/file/HHNWnend/AlienVisionRyne.html" target="_blank">http://www.2shared.com/file/HHNWnend/AlienVisionRyne.html</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Woah, nice. Is hive-sight visible with this? And can you please make a screenshot with spores and a marine behind?
  • RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1950913:date=Jul 12 2012, 03:08 AM:name=_Necro_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Necro_ @ Jul 12 2012, 03:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950913"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I tone in with the masses of energy-for-AV-is-bad. The other points I'm looking forward to test them. The change-log sounds nice but I'm a bit worried, that the 2nd hive will be too much of a game decider again.

Woah, nice. Is hive-sight visible with this? And can you please make a screenshot with spores and a marine behind?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Don't use these yet, broken in 214. I will fix it tonight.

I'll post another SS when I do. Not sure about hive sight, I'll let you know about that too
  • ShakerShaker Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9582Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    They do plan on making things like that not possible when retail is launched right? At least for competitive play...
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1950984:date=Jul 12 2012, 04:48 PM:name=Shaker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shaker @ Jul 12 2012, 04:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950984"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They do plan on making things like that not possible when retail is launched right? At least for competitive play...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No worries there, all modifications to the game can only work in separate mods eventually. The server will be checking the clients files to see if anything has been modified.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    <!--quoteo(post=1950913:date=Jul 12 2012, 04:08 AM:name=_Necro_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Necro_ @ Jul 12 2012, 04:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1950913"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I tone in with the masses of energy-for-AV-is-bad. The other points I'm looking forward to test them. The change-log sounds nice but I'm a bit worried, that the 2nd hive will be too much of a game decider again.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think teams which deserve to lose will do so quicker now, but I don't think it's a game decider really.. had a pretty back and forth game earlier where rine's kill our 2nd hive several times, had JP/shotty and Arcs out and it was an intense game but we ended up winning in the end. Not to say that I judge the balance from 1 game but it hasn't seemed to be the end all be all so far.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    2nd hive will not be as much as a game decider like in NS1 simply because of the resource system. Aliens can currently afford to drop the hive quite easily, so even if the first attempt fails should your team get back the map control the hive should be able to be dropped quite easily. I would say the aliens could fail the hive drop twice and still win reasonably well, it would all come down to actually defending it and having the map control to drop it in the first place.
  • Death_by_bulletsDeath_by_bullets Join Date: 2004-03-14 Member: 27336Members
    That's another big change in NS2 I'm not really comfortable with is the fact that the commander drops the hive. Essentially the Aliens are guaranteed a second hive, but marines are not guaranteed a second CC. I think the hive should go back to gorges, because that way you at least have a risk of not getting a second hive.

My $.02