Diablo 3 vs NS2

.ADHd.ADHd Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146565Members
edited May 2012 in Off-Topic
Diablo 3 is nothing compared to NS2.

<i>Yeah... I changed your topic title --Zaggy</i>

Comments

• ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    I'm not a Diablo player, but I've heard it's been disappointing. Glad you think NS2 is better! :-)
  • YuukiYuuki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75079Members
    Go play Botanicula instead :

<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fOXWpnuXjXM"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fOXWpnuXjXM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
  • flyjumflyjum Join Date: 2012-01-07 Member: 139849Members
    Been playing diablo 3
    its pretty fun but you can only play it for so long before you have to play something else
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Arma:2 DayZ zombie mod :) and i got into the CS:GO beta :P
  • extolloextollo Ping Blip Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72457Members
    isnt the community claiming diablo 3 is a dumbed down version of diablo 2? :poke: :poke: lol
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1937647:date=May 20 2012, 03:06 PM:name=jbaker8935)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jbaker8935 @ May 20 2012, 03:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1937647"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->isnt the community claiming diablo 3 is a dumbed down version of diablo 2? :poke: :poke: lol<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You mean like every sequel out there?
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Phasing to Off Topic.
  • bEEbbEEb Join Date: 2012-03-24 Member: 149317Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1937633:date=May 20 2012, 05:41 AM:name=JuCCi-PuCCi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JuCCi-PuCCi @ May 20 2012, 05:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1937633"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Arma:2 DayZ zombie mod :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

^This.

Best Mod Ever.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1937665:date=May 20 2012, 05:22 PM:name=Zaggy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zaggy @ May 20 2012, 05:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1937665"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Phasing to Off Topic.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    "Off topic" isn't "no topic." :/
  • X_StickmanX_Stickman Not good enough for a custom title. Join Date: 2003-04-15 Member: 15533Members, Constellation
    Man, again, lookit all these people I don't know even though they have many posts each.
  • LV426-ColonistLV426-Colonist Space Jockey Join Date: 2011-08-05 Member: 114269Members, Constellation
    edited May 2012
    WTF IS THIS THREAD?
  • Not FlayraNot Flayra Join Date: 2012-05-18 Member: 152282Members
    edited May 2012
    And yet the unfinished one is already superior in fun and gameplay to the AAA title that took 10-something years to be dumbed down to its current un-fun state to appeal to casual gamers and protect the children from blood and gore while playing a satanically-themed game where one of the abilities lets you rip the bones and innards out of an enemy and make them fight for you. Brilliant job on <i>THAT</i> one, Blizzard.

Day Z would be fun if not for the prevalence of PKs (most of whom are just killing players for the lulz, or being retarded f**ksticks like Bashur rather than roleplaying the setting), and a general inability to connect to the master server (and by extension play on any of the local servers you may choose).
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1937851:date=May 21 2012, 07:53 AM:name=Not Flayra)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Not Flayra @ May 21 2012, 07:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1937851"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And yet the unfinished one is already superior in fun and gameplay to the AAA title that took 10-something years to be dumbed down to its current un-fun state to appeal to casual gamers and protect the children from blood and gore while playing a satanically-themed game where one of the abilities lets you rip the bones and innards out of an enemy and make them fight for you. Brilliant job on <i>THAT</i> one, Blizzard.

Day Z would be fun if not for the prevalence of PKs (most of whom are just killing players for the lulz, or being retarded f**ksticks like Bashur rather than roleplaying the setting), and a general inability to connect to the master server (and by extension play on any of the local servers you may choose).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually it's the local servers that get flooded by impatient people joining and leave trying and ddosing yet another server: <a href="http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3693&pid=34141#pid34141" target="_blank">http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?ti...=34141#pid34141</a>

The times I played everyone I met was friendly, I even got an ammo clip off a guy, gave him some water.
    Well, except for that one time when I entered a barn and couldn't find my mic in time.

As for the topic, yeah...
  • starbaronstarbaron Join Date: 2005-02-22 Member: 42105Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Lol of course NS2 is better...but this is the UWE forum after all.

I wonder what sort of response you'd get asking the same question (NS2 vs. D3?) on the Blizzard forums? ;)
    Probably the same kind you'd get asking about Halo, Gears of War, or Modern Dutyfield 7: Black Ops at any frathouse.
    A last-man-standing broken-bottle fight where the only winner is the one who doesn't bleed out, perfect for pay-per-view.

That said, I've had friends telling me that they had to stop after Act II as they were just getting bored and burned out from the repetition and simplistic gameplay, and hoped they'd get some interest back after taking a break for a few days.

...uh, of Diablo 3 that is.
    I don't know how you'd last that long in a broken-bottle bloodsport fight unless it was just hours of Dragonball-esque grunting and flexing. Which isn't really a fight, as much as it is posing and trying to look cool, while failing miserably. Just like Dragonball!
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1937964:date=May 21 2012, 12:15 PM:name=starbaron)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (starbaron @ May 21 2012, 12:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1937964"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I wonder what sort of response you'd get asking the same question (NS2 vs. D3?) on the Blizzard forums? ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You would get people asking what NS2 is.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1938113:date=May 22 2012, 08:33 AM:name=Sops)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sops @ May 22 2012, 08:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1938113"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You would get people asking what NS2 is.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    And then you reply with: It's Starcraft with FPS and UWE will be swarmed with new sales. Dangerous in itself, because performance still needs to go up to really show it to the masses. First impressions and such!
  • ixnayixnay Join Date: 2012-04-14 Member: 150449Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1937851:date=May 20 2012, 10:53 PM:name=Not%20Flayra)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Not%20Flayra @ May 20 2012, 10:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1937851"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And yet the unfinished one is already superior in fun and gameplay to the AAA title that took 10-something years to be dumbed down to its current un-fun state to appeal to casual gamers and protect the children from blood and gore while playing a satanically-themed game where one of the abilities lets you rip the bones and innards out of an enemy and make them fight for you. Brilliant job on <i>THAT</i> one, Blizzard.

Day Z would be fun if not for the prevalence of PKs (most of whom are just killing players for the lulz, or being retarded f**ksticks like Bashur rather than roleplaying the setting), and a general inability to connect to the master server (and by extension play on any of the local servers you may choose).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The only problem is the login server a la DRM and connection of always being online. The game is good and runs well. NS2 runs like an ADHD child with chocolate sauce on its face when compared to diablo 3
    <!--quoteo(post=1938350:date=May 22 2012, 08:59 PM:name=ixnay)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ixnay @ May 22 2012, 08:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1938350"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The only problem is the login server a la DRM and connection of always being online. The game is good and runs well. NS2 runs like an ADHD child with chocolate sauce on its face when compared to diablo 3<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm confused by this. Day Z uses a central login server for persistent characters and to avoid the already-full-of-jerks playerbase from editing their character file to give themselves tons of stuff. The dev team wasn't expecting the early adoption it received, so the main server is swamped, and gets slower as impatient CoD-kiddies constantly relog to try to force their way in faster, screwing things up for everyone.

Diablo 3 uses always-on DRM by forcing you to connect to a remote server to play the game, much for the same reasons. Oh, and anti-piracy, which Blizzard has gone *crazy* over recently, as they're trying to catch up with Gabe Newell's Scrooge McDuck-like Money Vault, so people will come to their parties on the weekends instead.

NS2... runs like an ADHD child with chocolate sauce... what? Wouldn't that mean it'd run along screamingly fast, running into things and just keeping on going, while demolishing the crotches of any male unwary enough to be standing at crotch-punching/headbutt height? Actually, that's not bad. I'm going to have to get Hugh to include that in the next video... '<i>NS2 will demolish your groin!</i>'.
    Maybe not.
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    <!--quoteo(post=1938360:date=May 23 2012, 02:30 PM:name=Not Flayra)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Not Flayra @ May 23 2012, 02:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1938360"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm confused by this. Day Z uses a central login server for persistent characters and to avoid the already-full-of-jerks playerbase from editing their character file to give themselves tons of stuff. The dev team wasn't expecting the early adoption it received, so the main server is swamped, and gets slower as impatient CoD-kiddies constantly relog to try to force their way in faster, screwing things up for everyone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Mostly wrong. The central server isn't under great load, the amount of traffic it handles is pretty modest. The majority of problems are caused by people spamming join attempts at the game servers themselves trying to join a full server as soon as a slot appears.

--Scythe--
  • LV426-ColonistLV426-Colonist Space Jockey Join Date: 2011-08-05 Member: 114269Members, Constellation
    edited May 2012
    I'll say this one thing I dislike the most about D3 (besides being insanely streamlined).

The whole game was stupid easy up until you reach inferno.
    I should've closed this instead of letting it go on.
    As for Diablo 3, please refer to this topic: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117085" target="_blank">Diablo III launch date</a>.
    --Closed--
This discussion has been closed.