Time to let go.

scottyscotty Join Date: 2011-07-01 Member: 107400Members
It's just time to let go commanders......Let it go.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMWWtV88RI&feature=youtu.be" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMWWtV88RI...eature=youtu.be</a>

Comments

• SkieSkie Skulk Progenitor Join Date: 2003-10-18 Member: 21766Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Commando, build moar torrents.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I'm still waiting on my shirtgun!
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2012
    IMO Marines need a better territory surveillance tool, similar to the Sensor Tower in SC2.

Kharaas gains vision of Marines trespassing across Infestation. Ironically, it is the Marines who need such a mechanism even more. Alien raids rare swift and destructive, with little warning. Especially when the Marines are pushing, there is little info on when or where the alien counterattack will hit.

Unfortunately, Sentries is the only line of defense Marines currently have to equalize the odds. Without them, Marines will most likely lose a base race, or be trapped in their base.
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    What is the status of turrets?

Is there a cap? or have commanders simply stopped building hundreds of them to win a game?
  • autograderautograder Join Date: 2011-06-24 Member: 106181Members
    The 'requires ammo' implementation has COMPLETELY failed.

Rooms have power... turrets use power... hmm what could we do here? How about.. wait for it.. hmm what could we do here... er, ah...

*raises hand* - Um, excuse me sir, but maybe we could have.. like turrets.. take away from available power.. so if I build to many.. the room looses power! You know.. like command and conquer.. and rts.. and stuff.
  • rebirthrebirth Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62416Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2012
    Hey let's be fair here...
    I strongly believe everybody of us had been a little torrent spamming noob asking for shirtguns to clear out that lork inside the vent, at least at some point ;)
    But great video and great song :D
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    edited February 2012
    problem with turrets, you have no turret factory so you can spam them easily.

power nodes has to be changed maybe to effect lighting maybe but bring back turret factory.
    this way turrets be limited to be built close to turret factory, and you cannot build turrets without it. So the process will be very costly.

OR

power nodes will have power supply limit on how much turrets can be built in a room. Aliens already have this limit, its called infestation aka cysts.
  • scottyscotty Join Date: 2011-07-01 Member: 107400Members
    Glad you guys liked it ^_^
  • WolpertingerWolpertinger Join Date: 2011-12-24 Member: 138958Members
    I want me sum Portal turrets in NS2...
  • Banzai¥Banzai¥ Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143902Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1900416:date=Feb 6 2012, 06:51 PM:name=luns)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (luns @ Feb 6 2012, 06:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1900416"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->problem with turrets, you have no turret factory so you can spam them easily.

power nodes has to be changed maybe to effect lighting maybe but bring back turret factory.
    this way turrets be limited to be built close to turret factory, and you cannot build turrets without it. So the process will be very costly.

OR

power nodes will have power supply limit on how much turrets can be built in a room. Aliens already have this limit, its called infestation aka cysts.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    So power-cells or mini-Power plants (C&C) will allow more turrets? I remember certain servers only allow 4 sentries in a room, is that vanilla or server-specific?

As to the sentries being built from a turret factory, I feel like the robotic factory works fine (Would be cool if marines could pick up a kit from the robotics factory and lay-it down like a mine.) Another option I was thinking is to have the base of the ARC having build capabilities, so it could have a turret built-on or the main siege cannon. With the ARC-turret it wouldn't require the room to be powered, but it might be restricted in it's firing arc still.
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    hah you actually made it. nice :p
  • Visor1Visor1 Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140300Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1900298:date=Feb 6 2012, 12:57 PM:name=scotty)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (scotty @ Feb 6 2012, 12:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1900298"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's just time to let go commanders......Let it go.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMWWtV88RI&feature=youtu.be" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMWWtV88RI...eature=youtu.be</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

With the influx of new players this is what most games turn into.
  • Lemming JesusLemming Jesus Join Date: 2010-04-13 Member: 71385Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1900402:date=Feb 6 2012, 05:28 PM:name=autograder)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (autograder @ Feb 6 2012, 05:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1900402"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The 'requires ammo' implementation has COMPLETELY failed.

Rooms have power... turrets use power... hmm what could we do here? How about.. wait for it.. hmm what could we do here... er, ah...

*raises hand* - Um, excuse me sir, but maybe we could have.. like turrets.. take away from available power.. so if I build to many.. the room looses power! You know.. like command and conquer.. and rts.. and stuff.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Turrets are already limited to four per room. The room also doesn't "loose" power.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1900729:date=Feb 7 2012, 08:48 PM:name=Lemming Jesus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lemming Jesus @ Feb 7 2012, 08:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1900729"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Turrets are already limited to four per room. The room also doesn't "loose" power.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Nope, that is a server mod.
  • mokkatmokkat Join Date: 2009-08-30 Member: 68652Members
    I was definitely expecting a big bad onos or two stomping every single turret with ease in the end of that music - would have been perfect with the theme and music. A little disappointing it didn't happen :P
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Definitely need turret factories again in some kind. Ones large enough to obstruct the view so turrets can't easily cover other turrets. And the res cost and time to build additional turret factories would reduce the sentry spam greatly.
  • {LoC}Blue_Leader{LoC}Blue_Leader Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 144025Members, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1900298:date=Feb 6 2012, 01:57 PM:name=scotty)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (scotty @ Feb 6 2012, 01:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1900298"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's just time to let go commanders......Let it go.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMWWtV88RI&feature=youtu.be" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eMWWtV88RI...eature=youtu.be</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No!!! I'll never let turrets go! I LOVE THEM!!! :(
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    depending on mod to balance out the turret problem, that in itself a problem.
    We must bring back turret factories, make the process costly and limit their placements within certain range of the turret factory.

if anybody has better idea, write it down because I still yet haven't heard of one. (aside from the mod)
  • Banzai¥Banzai¥ Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143902Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1900781:date=Feb 7 2012, 06:21 PM:name=luns)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (luns @ Feb 7 2012, 06:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1900781"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->depending on mod to balance out the turret problem, that in itself a problem.
    We must bring back turret factories, make the process costly and limit their placements within certain range of the turret factory.

if anybody has better idea, write it down because I still yet haven't heard of one. (aside from the mod)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What's wrong with turrets being built from an ARC's base? They won't be able to pop up anywhere without being at risk of being destroyed, aren't restricted by power-cells, would cost slightly more than what they do now but retain an ARC's mobility while also needed to be deployed in order to fire.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1900785:date=Feb 7 2012, 06:29 PM:name=Banzai¥)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Banzai¥ @ Feb 7 2012, 06:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1900785"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What's wrong with turrets being built from an ARC's base? They won't be able to pop up anywhere without being at risk of being destroyed, aren't restricted by power-cells, would cost slightly more than what they do now but retain an ARC's mobility while also needed to be deployed in order to fire.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Mobile sentries...
    Mobile siege...
    Mobile automatic constructor and repair bot...

Behold. The unmanned hive rush.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1900788:date=Feb 7 2012, 05:35 PM:name=IeptBarakat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (IeptBarakat @ Feb 7 2012, 05:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1900788"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mobile sentries...
    Mobile siege...
    Mobile automatic constructor and repair bot...

Behold. The unmanned hive rush.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well the solution to that is obvious, isn't it? Put the Kham in control of any mobile turrets the Marines make ^.^
  • SkymanderXSkymanderX Green Marine - The Few, The Proud, The Green. Join Date: 2011-07-29 Member: 113006Members
    were did this conversation go?