Gorge jump height

QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
A warping, jumping Gorge is almost impossible to kill. Is it just me or does the gorge seem to jump incredibly high for a 4-legged creature? And it just looks weird (bad) with the animations. Hope this is addressed along with the mentioned marine jumping spam. Unless the marine has a shotgun and is right on top of you, you'll never die if you just spam healspray. I tried this as a gorge and had a 10-0 k/d until the marines had shotguns, and even then I was still killing a few. Something needs to be done.

Comments

• LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    edited June 2011
    Heh although I love playing gorge for this reason I agree. It isn't just the fact he can jump high, its more that he can jump long distances significantly faster than he can run (or bellyslide it seems). Even NS1 bhopping celerity gorges didn't have this kind of maneuverability. I'm sure it's a planned fix already though, just other things have taken priority.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Yea, gorge and marine jumps should be toned down. In the Alpha gorges could jump even further if I remember.
  • NolSinklerNolSinkler On the Clorf Join Date: 2004-02-15 Member: 26560Members, Constellation
    I think the gorges should jump REALLY high and REALLY fast and be able to stick to walls so that they are like...jumping spiders or something. :O :O :O
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1856785:date=Jun 27 2011, 08:59 PM:name=NolSinkler)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NolSinkler @ Jun 27 2011, 08:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1856785"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think the gorges should jump REALLY high and REALLY fast and be able to stick to walls so that they are like...jumping spiders or something. :O :O :O<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Gorges could evolve 4 more legs and run up walls like the gorge :D
  • NolSinklerNolSinkler On the Clorf Join Date: 2004-02-15 Member: 26560Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1856787:date=Jun 27 2011, 04:18 PM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ Jun 27 2011, 04:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1856787"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Gorges could evolve 4 more legs and run up walls like the gorge :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

SpiderGorge
    !!!!!!!!
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    Hovar without flapping??
  • xVisionsxVisions Join Date: 2009-07-03 Member: 68021Members
    The marine jump height... you cant jump over railings if you change it, unless they do some crazy coding. The gorge needs to not jump 10 feet AND damage you with heal spray, a rifle cant kill a gorge through that its stupid
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    tbh honest the problem isn't the jump height, its just that he can jump with significantly greater velocity than he can run. if this was toned down a bit he wouldn't be so hard to target. let's not forget jump height is important for the gorge so he can climb up onto things.
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    True, it's like a super-bunny hop right now, and the Gorge moves much faster while jumping than running. Jumping should use alien stamina. That would help things. Marines also need stamina so they can't sprint or jump infinity. Lerks flapping wings should also use energy, just like NS1.
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1856818:date=Jun 27 2011, 04:24 PM:name=xVisions)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (xVisions @ Jun 27 2011, 04:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1856818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The marine jump height... you cant jump over railings<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

uuuhhggg!!,...TOOLTIP: Use your "USE" key to jump railing. although when i think about it, it may be the solution to ladders.
  • Shrike3OShrike3O Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6678Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1856823:date=Jun 27 2011, 05:00 PM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Jun 27 2011, 05:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1856823"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Lerks flapping wings should also use energy, just like NS1.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I'm fine with most things having stamina usage, but lerk flapping tiring you out is a royal pain in the ass. Flight is <i>basic</i> mobility for Lerks, like wallrunning is basic for skulks, and I'm really not a fan of letting off a few attacks and then finding I've got enough adrenaline to bounce up and down a bit, then have to chicken-waddle the rest of the way out of the hallway.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I really don't like the marine jumping mechanics atm.

I hope the jumping/crouch jumping returns to the classic style.

It seems like you fall faster if you hit crouch in midair.
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1856839:date=Jun 27 2011, 07:31 PM:name=Shrike3O)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shrike3O @ Jun 27 2011, 07:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1856839"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm fine with most things having stamina usage, but lerk flapping tiring you out is a royal pain in the ass. Flight is <i>basic</i> mobility for Lerks, like wallrunning is basic for skulks, and I'm really not a fan of letting off a few attacks and then finding I've got enough adrenaline to bounce up and down a bit, then have to chicken-waddle the rest of the way out of the hallway.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

eh, a good lerk flaps only once with the current flight model. You can glide forever.
  • wulf 21wulf 21 Join Date: 2011-05-03 Member: 96875Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1856848:date=Jun 28 2011, 05:41 AM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Jun 28 2011, 05:41 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1856848"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->eh, a good lerk flaps only once with the current flight model. You can glide forever.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not always. If I'm facing a single marine or maybe 2 as a lerk, I love flapping around them in an unpredictable disorientating way and use my primary spikes (especially effective with swarm upgrade now). If I do it right and they're not too pro, they are unable to hit me even with shotguns, only flamethrowers are a problem.