Idea: Make winning rewarding!

PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
edited April 2011 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Just a thought, How could we make winning NS2 games rewarding?</div>I do know that is really early to be thinking about this, and it is very low priority right now. If there was more of a reward for winning NS2 games, it could help people in random pub matches to work together as a team better, and make the game a little more competitive. I feel like it kind of does not really matter if I win or lose as there is no reward. So here are just some ideas I thought of to make winning in NS2 more rewarding for players. Please give out your ideas/thoughts on this as well.

1. Winning Music/Sound effects
2. Ranking/Leveling System (like COH or RUSE)
3. Special looking gear, GUI, or voices.
4. Some kind of benefits for Aliens.
5. Maybe an unlock of an alternate starting weapon/lifeform.

The problem is, I really can not think of many things that could be done to make the wins more rewarding, although I think it should be! Please give out your ideas/thoughts on this as well. Do you like this idea? What could be done?

Comments

• SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    It will be nice to see this but I would wait to see what is in 1.0 before i inquire about it.

They really need to concentrate on game mechanics before they spend time implementing a reward system but i'm sure they have it on the list.

(MODS) may want to move this topic to the Ideas and Sugestions Sub-forum. It will most likely get lost here.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    i always thought winning was rewarding!

ah... remember back in the days where people wanted to win, well.. because they wanted to win. Now we need shiny medals and stuff...
  • Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1839861:date=Apr 5 2011, 03:04 AM:name=PersianImm0rtal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PersianImm0rtal @ Apr 5 2011, 03:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1839861"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->1. Winning Music/Sound effects<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not important, but tolerable.

<!--quoteo(post=1839861:date=Apr 5 2011, 03:04 AM:name=PersianImm0rtal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PersianImm0rtal @ Apr 5 2011, 03:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1839861"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->2. Ranking/Leveling System (like COH or RUSE)
    3. Special looking gear, GUI, or voices.
    4. Some kind of benefits for Aliens.
    5. Maybe an unlock of an alternate starting weapon/lifeform.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<b>No</b>, and no bloody achievements either.

When every new round is fresh, with no persistent state, you have a <b>level playing field</b>. If you insist on not having a level playing field, the most sensible thing to do is to give newbies training gear with better stats(e.g. more bullets in a clip, faster reload); after a certain number of rounds the training wheels come off and they get to play the game as intended.

The only persistent state I find remotely acceptable is cosmetic rewards; like achievement, icons etc. This requires very careful design of incentives, otherwise people will act against the interest of their own team. If you reward 100 knife-kills with an achievement you will have a small number of people acting like retards and running around trying to knife aliens. If you reward getting the most kills on your team you will incentivize non-objective oriented kill-whoring. If you reward winning you will incentivize lame-quitting, WTJing and whining about team balance.

<!--quoteo(post=1839861:date=Apr 5 2011, 03:04 AM:name=PersianImm0rtal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PersianImm0rtal @ Apr 5 2011, 03:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1839861"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The problem is, I really can not think of many things that could be done to make the wins more rewarding, although I think it should be! Please give out your ideas/thoughts on this as well. Do you like this idea? What could be done?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have a humble suggestion; if you don't find the game intrinsically rewarding, <b>stop playing</b>, go do something else and come back later.
  • alephaleph Join Date: 2007-10-12 Member: 62620Members
    why do you have to reference your ethnicity in your name? And what's with the adolescent faux-bored expression you have in your avatar?
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited April 2011
    <!--quoteo(post=1839879:date=Apr 5 2011, 03:21 PM:name=aleph)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (aleph @ Apr 5 2011, 03:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1839879"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->why do you have to reference your ethnicity in your name? And what's with the adolescent faux-bored expression you have in your avatar?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Why do you care about others referencing ethnicity in names, or "bored expressions" in their avatar faces?

Go on reddit if you are bored.
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=1839879:date=Apr 5 2011, 01:21 PM:name=aleph)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (aleph @ Apr 5 2011, 01:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1839879"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->why do you have to reference your ethnicity in your name? And what's with the adolescent faux-bored expression you have in your avatar?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How about keeping it on topic instead of picking a fight? There's no call for this sort of obviously inflammatory nonsense.
  • HolyTealHolyTeal Join Date: 2011-03-09 Member: 85427Members
    Let's imagine something for example : Every player on the winning team gain 200 points at the end of a game and the side losing only 100 points.
    When the commander gives you an order as a soldier, like destroying an Harvester for example, if you succeed by last hitting it you gain 10 points or if you take part as assist you gain a little less: 8 points and finally without order you would have won only 5 points (following checkpoints doesn't count, it could be spammed). To continue on this idea: killing a Onos (strong unit) on order makes you gain 5 points, assist : 4 points, and without order 3 points. Et caetera, you can continue this principle for everything by balancing it according to the importance of the given objectives. Indeed it is just an idea, it could be more polished.
    Those points you win are the only thing that stays on the account as "Experience". You can't see lose/win, k/d ratio so even a bad player who sucked at first will gain more and more points over time anyway. Before the start up of every games you vote to choose your commander between the pretenders basing on their number of points, sometimes a player with less points than the others pretenders will chat with his team to tell them to let him be commander (it happens a lot in Savage 2 and the community is often generous in those cases if the guy doesn't seems too bad, and anyway it's not forced that as a high experienced player you want to be the commander every games).
    What is important in this system it is that that is frustrating in no way for the players, it is generous for anyone. So the defeats remain gained points even if it is in a less consequent way than winning, so you will not see a horrible community like the Dota/HoN one taking form, it will be still competitive but not in a merciless way.
    Of course this system will ask a way to restrain points only on legit server without modifications.
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    I thought there was already win/lose music?

Any reward that gives an advantage is a bad idea for this type of game. Tech unlocks come from teching up not from just playing for a long time. It would make balance, if not impossible, much harder to ever achieve.

The only unlocks I could see working are cosmetic ones as a couple have mentioned already. Since the game does have a point system this could count towards unlocking new things such as different looking armor or maybe slightly different alien skins. Honestly I think the only reason devs haven't already jumped on something like this is that it requires a great amount of extra artwork. If they are going to add unlockable cosmetics they will want to add <b>at least</b> 1 alternate skin per class which could really start adding up in terms of time/cost.

oh I'm half persian btw...
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for all the replies! :)

I do know that is really early to be thinking about this, and it is very low priority right now. I myself think the game is rewarding enough, but I do see other people who just fight what ever they run into, and not effectively contributing to a win. Yeah, it definitely should not be like the Call of Duty games (hate that game). Maybe just to keep track of your stats and display a meaningless ranking. Cosmetic rewards would be the best idea overall.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2011
    Heh as long as "achievements" don't push people to farm and does not stop a round because of an "arbitrary round" like Company of Heroes has done a few times (ending the round because the outcome was not clear)

I don't care for achievements or ranks what so ever, imagine my reaction trough TS channels to end a round based on that nonsense :P

Also gameplay changes as a result of achievement or ranks is a nono in my book (works for TF2, but hell that game is more of a spamfest then anything else)

Note:
    Don't we already have winning/losing music though?
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    Now that it occurs to me, this should really be in I&S. Moved.
  • FehaFeha Join Date: 2006-11-16 Member: 58633Members
    Bad idea, its not very fun to win. I usually have more fun losing, or drawing out the game by harrassing enemy until they turn the tide. Its just more of a challenge at higher tech, and especially if you are losing.

The only time i like winning is when I can make it really obvious, having made whatever i conquered "safe" and the overpowering the enemy bigtime. I am a turtler xD!
  • Game-SlothGame-Sloth Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76371Members
    edited April 2011
    I am preparing this submission for Get Satisfaction but this topic has forced me to play my hand a little early.

The end game of NS is essentially an RTS. Like any strategy game you win due to better tactics, strong offensive, amble defenses, sheer masses or better economy. Yes, NS2 has an economy. So the game end screen should reflect this.

It should be a statistic screen with a background image, maybe aliens in in a zoo (marine win) or DI growing over a skull (alien win).

The stats should <u>NOT</u> be KDR (boring and not does not promote conducive team gameplay)
    I also do not like long term leader-boards or ranks because they get 'tainted' and mean nothing.

Rather they should be items like:

<u>Private (per player)</u>
    Your use of personal resources. Kills per personal resources used (private).
    Healing received, damage given etc...
    Number of structures destroyed.
    Time and longest life as lerk, gorge etc
    Favorite weapon
    Maybe store your personal best.

<u>Team Based (common display)</u>
    Most effective use of personal resources. Kills per personal resources used.
    Number of extractors/harvestors killed before construction was finished.
    Most effective use of personal resources to destroy structures.
    Mass spent on extractor/harvestors vs mass lost building them.
    Most healing received.
    Number of deserters (people that have left the game)
    Percentage of team resources used on structures.
    Most healing provided by gorge.
    Highest percentage of map covered with DI
    Most ammunition used.
    Most damage done with switchaxe.

You get the idea.
  • KuBaNKuBaN Join Date: 2002-11-16 Member: 8979Members, Constellation
    The only way something like HolyTeal suggested (wherein you get points for following orders) would be even remotely manageable is if the orders become more standardized, but this would probably make them less useful. If players who follow orders get more points for performing the same task without the order you're going to start seeing people asking for orders that they don't need just to "create work" for themselves to get rewarded for. Sort of like working on an hourly wage.

I had an idea of making the players with the highest Score the Squad Leaders of the team, and giving them some minor responsibilities such as creating a "Suggested Loadout" for his sqyad, giving micro orders (Follow Me, Defend Here, Attack, but leave macro orders to the Commander), being the only unit squad members can teleport to via the Transponder, and changing the med/ammopack rules such that Commanders can only drop them in a radius around the Squad Leader.

This doesn't necessarily reward winning itself, but it creates a competitive environment among players to do well by hanging the slightly more involved and potentially rewarding role above everyone's head. Points would need to be balanced between all aspects such as combat, building/repairing, defending, etc.

Anyways, my point is, I think we should reward PLAYING rather than WINNING. My best memories of NS1 was of the journey, not the outcome.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    The reward for winning is....winning. That's enough for me :)

<!--quoteo(post=1839882:date=Apr 5 2011, 05:47 AM:name=HolyTeal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HolyTeal @ Apr 5 2011, 05:47 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1839882"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Let's imagine something for example : Every player on the winning team gain 200 points at the end of a game and the side losing only 100 points.
    When the commander gives you an order as a soldier, like destroying an Harvester for example, if you succeed by last hitting it you gain 10 points or if you take part as assist you gain a little less: 8 points and finally without order you would have won only 5 points (following checkpoints doesn't count, it could be spammed). To continue on this idea: killing a Onos (strong unit) on order makes you gain 5 points, assist : 4 points, and without order 3 points. Et caetera, you can continue this principle for everything by balancing it according to the importance of the given objectives. Indeed it is just an idea, it could be more polished.
    Those points you win are the only thing that stays on the account as "Experience". You can't see lose/win, k/d ratio so even a bad player who sucked at first will gain more and more points over time anyway. Before the start up of every games you vote to choose your commander between the pretenders basing on their number of points, sometimes a player with less points than the others pretenders will chat with his team to tell them to let him be commander (it happens a lot in Savage 2 and the community is often generous in those cases if the guy doesn't seems too bad, and anyway it's not forced that as a high experienced player you want to be the commander every games).
    What is important in this system it is that that is frustrating in no way for the players, it is generous for anyone. So the defeats remain gained points even if it is in a less consequent way than winning, so you will not see a horrible community like the Dota/HoN one taking form, it will be still competitive but not in a merciless way.
    Of course this system will ask a way to restrain points only on legit server without modifications.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've actually seems a balancing plugin built around this idea. You gain points via kills, building structures, winning and lose points via deaths, losing. Each team has their total point value added as the sum of their player's points and the plugin forces you to join the team with the lower points value. This method helps ensure that good players can't constantly stack one team.
  • Dank McShwaggerDank McShwagger Join Date: 2009-06-10 Member: 67784Members
    edited April 2011
    as far as im concerned, the ranking system is the only of those suggestions that seems useful. depending on the depth of the NS2 player base, a ranking system would atleast be able to allow people to play with those of their skill level.

no alternate weapons/life forms, people should not be given an advantage just because theyve played more games then the others... this isnt an mmo.

no hats (has to be said)

everything else is just gravy
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1839915:date=Apr 5 2011, 08:18 PM:name=Game-Sloth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Game-Sloth @ Apr 5 2011, 08:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1839915"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am preparing this submission for Get Satisfaction but this topic has forced me to play my hand a little early.

The end game of NS is essentially an RTS. Like any strategy game you win due to better tactics, strong offensive, amble defenses, sheer masses or better economy. Yes, NS2 has an economy. So the game end screen should reflect this.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Oh oh, can we get stuff like in the Civ games where we see a timeline with markers where a team researched/built something? So you can see like "Oh they rushed resource towers, that explains all the lerks and fades".
  • marsvinmarsvin Join Date: 2011-03-22 Member: 87920Members
    I would be very hesitant to implement any kind of scoring system in a game where individual achievements shouldn't be a goal, especially a persistent one. You can never avoid people stat-wh*ring completely but we shouldn't be encouraging it. Some simple one-off stats at the end of the game would be ok, depending what they were. Game-Sloth lists some good ones I think.

I do like the idea of a Civ-like replay of the level on the end-game screen although that could cost significant development time. Alien Swarm on steam has something like that, you see a map of the previous level and the paths everyone took, where they died, so on..

Playing Devil's advocate for a moment though.. Though I dislike the idea personally, I have to admit, achievements and persistent scores could be a good idea commercially. The console crowds, younger gamers especially, expect and seem to crave the digital pat on the back. Perusing gamer forums achievements appear to be extremely important to most and a great incentive to keep playing a game far beyond the point of entertainment. Heck the feeling of persistent achievement is basically what fuels MMO addiction.

My two cents.
  • spellman23spellman23 NS1 Theorycraft Expert Join Date: 2007-05-17 Member: 60920Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1839920:date=Apr 5 2011, 12:28 PM:name=Align)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Align @ Apr 5 2011, 12:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1839920"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Oh oh, can we get stuff like in the Civ games where we see a timeline with markers where a team researched/built something? So you can see like "Oh they rushed resource towers, that explains all the lerks and fades".<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That would be kinda awesome.

In regards to the other ideas, I'm not too jazzed about cosmetics or achievements. Plausible, but I personally couldn't care less. Just no unlockable weapons or silly things like that.
  • BarerRudeROCBarerRudeROC Join Date: 2010-10-01 Member: 74264Members
    Let us look at the benefits and disadvantages to rewards.

Achievements provide a step by step guide to newfriends who have just picked up the game.
    Rewards upon winning provides a longer lasting fanbase, keeping players fixed.
    It encourages friends to work together more cohesively to some extent.
    It lets players explore more roles easily.

However, on negatives.

It causes more rage-inducing play.
    Tends to make players on the same team more aggressive to each other.
    Causes many to ramble off on their own in order to do senseless achievements just for the sake of doing them.
    Makes many take up positions (such as comm) in which they are lacking skill or leadership in order to get achievements, thus the team suffers.
  • HolyTealHolyTeal Join Date: 2011-03-09 Member: 85427Members
    edited April 2011
    Regardless of your remark KuBaN, i don't think it will happens like that if it is implemented because you still win points without orders, and as it is a fps game and it is pretty nervous, the people won't bother asking for orders. They will just play like they normally do but they will just more be interested in following the orders without being necessarily hooked to the point to ask orders for everything they plan to do, because indeed they are still winning something in both case. And as i already said, it is just an idea, the principle is here and if we can manage to polish it, it could work perfectly.
  • kingmobkingmob Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3650Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1839915:date=Apr 5 2011, 03:18 PM:name=Game-Sloth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Game-Sloth @ Apr 5 2011, 03:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1839915"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The end game of NS is essentially an RTS. Like any strategy game you win due to better tactics, strong offensive, amble defenses, sheer masses or better economy. Yes, NS2 has an economy. So the game end screen should reflect this.

It should be a statistic screen with a background image, maybe aliens in in a zoo (marine win) or DI growing over a skull (alien win).
    ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This was the most well thought response to the idea request.
    It is also something that could start simple (just the screenshot)
    and could become more complex after release (I love the graphs in SC2)

Yes the music is there but because of the larger map space sometimes I hear the music
    and i am like "we won???" because I have been fighting for this small area we never got.
  • WarmongerWarmonger Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13126Members, Constellation
    One word: <b>Hats</b>

Can't wait for the marines to see my skulk with a construction worker hat!

jk, of course :-)
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    I love your signature, Warmonger.

That's all I wanted to say.
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    How about no senseless achievements?

Ex:
    Build x buildings dropped by the commander (MAC? Never heard of him)
    Kill x lifeform y times with z weapon (Fade/etc scorcher/shooter/blaster) Not including knife and pistol.
    Heal x players to full health as gorge (I'm helping!)
    Kill x marines from behind as skulk (Coppertone marine)
    Destroy x buildings with explosives (A grenade a day keeps the Kharaa away)
    Disable a powernode with a marine in the room (Oh shi-)
    Become fully teched out as marine/alien commander (I need an outlet for my aggression) and for aliens (Now, we d0nce)
    Save a fellow alien from death with umbra (Saved, Neo style)
    Save a resource tower from getting destroyed (Git off mah lawn you damn aliens)
    Teleport behind a marine after he sees you and kill him (Now you see me, now you don't)
    Parasite x marines at the same time (Ceiling skulk is watching you)
    Save a marine close to an Alien with a medkit (Oh no you don't!)
    Stick together with x other heavies for 30 seconds (Here comes the heavy coal train!)
    Kill an onos as a regular marine with LMG (Who the hell do you think I'am?) I don't think people would actually go out of their way to not get heavy armor and weapons just to get this achievement.
    Kill a heavy as a skulk (Get this god damn thing off me!) Same here, it's just one of those things that happens time to time.
    Eat a heavy as Onos (Finaly a chezeburger)
    Etc.
  • FocusedWolfFocusedWolf Join Date: 2005-01-09 Member: 34258Members
    edited April 2011
    They can just add about 60 unlockable marine/alien perks to the game that get unlocked as you level up. Stuff like: "Cloak", "Silent Footsteps", "Increased Magazine Size", "Full Auto Shotgun", "Full Auto Pistol", "bandoleer", "Steroids", "Juggernaut" :P
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1840106:date=Apr 7 2011, 02:34 AM:name=FocusedWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FocusedWolf @ Apr 7 2011, 02:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1840106"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They can just add about 60 unlockable marine/alien perks to the game that get unlocked as you level up. Stuff like: "Cloak", "Silent Footsteps", "Increased Magazine Size", "Full Auto Shotgun", "Full Auto Pistol", "bandoleer", "Steroids", "Juggernaut" :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you are serious it's not something that would work very well in NS2. CoD has two identical teams facing each other while here it's not. It's a delicate balance and im sure it would be a lot easier (and more boring) if the devs just removed all upgrades and balanced it from there.
  • Jason WhoreJason Whore Join Date: 2011-04-11 Member: 92514Members
    Havent read all the replys but i'd say NO WAY !
    because if there is a ranking system or permanently saved stats people will stop
    playing the game for fun and start playing it to get better stats .. thats not good..
    maybe there would even be hackers wich would cheats themselves to the highest
    rank to get better weapons or stuff...

winning more rewarding? hm.. maybe not go back to RR but if marines win into a
    room were the alien players are in cages and the marines can laugh at them :D
    or if kahaar win let them marines be glued to the wall with infestations so the aliens
    can laugh at them and jump around like crazy ^^

after a short time in one of the winning roomes you'd need to go back to RR through
    a door (you get transformed into a weaponless marine)
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    being spoiled by bad games, winning isn't no longer "enough" people actually want more now. this is pretty amazing thinking if you ask me.

but since NS2 plans to move to console games, this idea actually might be put through. I'm sure all combat players will jump at this.
  • SkwareSkware Join Date: 2006-10-31 Member: 58125Members
    edited April 2011
    achievements:
    1 Marine Wins
    10 Marine Wins
    100 Marine Wins
    onward to 10k

1 Alien Wins
    10 Alien Wins
    etc

if you think about it stuff like '100 fade kills' and 'build 25 extractors' still tunnel visions the focus and people will spam extractors for the achieve

rewards for winning?
    give them a 'Good job!' sticker so they feel good about what they've done. just winning isn't enough...

edit: no unlock rewards that's just stupid for more time-experienced players.