unnecessary Fade attack

2»

Comments

• danshyudanshyu Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2105Members
    edited January 2011
    I think mature whipes should get a somewhat expensive individual upgrade that allows them to be able to toss back launched grenades with some success, so long it's not being spammed by 3+ grenades at once.

Cause let's face it, once the grenades come into play, all alien sturctures gets instantly outclassed. Especially for a structure that has no projectile attack. So you can have one or two upgraded whipes that would help the gorge defend his hydras from grenads.

Just make the upgrade expensive enough so the alien team can't just spam them and make all their structures grenade proof.
  • PoNeHPoNeH Join Date: 2006-12-01 Member: 58801Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    More and more I see people requesting things that were present in NS1. Hence my point that 90% of the additions/changes are unbalanced, silly, or just lame. Can't wait for a NS1 mod to come out for NS2.
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1823183:date=Jan 10 2011, 10:33 PM:name=PoNeH)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PoNeH @ Jan 10 2011, 10:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1823183"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->More and more I see people requesting things that were present in NS1. Hence my point that 90% of the additions/changes are unbalanced, silly, or just lame. Can't wait for a NS1 mod to come out for NS2.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+1
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Maybe that is because a lot of people on here played NS1?

There is not 'right' way of doing NS2, just lots of different answers. If you can't see that, the mind boggles.
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited January 2011
    I find it funny that so many fades are used to having blink as slot 2. Many times I see a fade do the slow slash when they obviously meant to blink.

And yeah, the slow slash needs no delay, but a long cooldown (like focus in NS1).
  • ShushShush Join Date: 2004-03-10 Member: 27257Members
    the heavy fade attack is completely useless, as you kill unsuspecting marines in a second with the regular swipe anyways

to me it just seems like poor imagination
  • lunsluns Join Date: 2010-12-05 Member: 75502Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1823190:date=Jan 10 2011, 10:48 PM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Jan 10 2011, 10:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1823190"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I find it funny that so many fades are used to having blink as slot 2. Many times I see a fade do the slow slash when they obviously meant to blink.

And yeah, the slow slash needs no delay, but a long cooldown (like focus in NS1).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

that's what I thought as well, it was focus attack from ns1. but having that huge slow delay between attacks, completely useless. The person has to be standing still completely, one step away, and the attack is ruined.

if anything needs to change aside from this secondary attack, its the blink system. its slow, blinding and he can't be catching moving targets, these problems are pretty serious, and ruin the class in general. You have better luck chasing the marine on foot as fade, in many cases that's what it all comes down to now.
  • ThaTha Join Date: 2009-06-05 Member: 67694Members
    Cos heavy armor isnt implemented yet and that seems like its main purpose, as a way to counter it with piercing damage.