It Came From Above

Dickbeard the PirateDickbeard the Pirate Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73082Awaiting Authorization
edited December 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">An NS2 Griefing Movie</div><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ShR69qTuI8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ShR69qTuI8</a>

Enjoy :P

Comments

• ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=1813293:date=Dec 4 2010, 02:11 PM:name=######beard the Pirate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (######beard the Pirate @ Dec 4 2010, 02:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1813293"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ShR69qTuI8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ShR69qTuI8</a>

Enjoy :P<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->An error occurred, please try again.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

How I watch video?
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    "this video is not yet processed"
  • Dickbeard the PirateDickbeard the Pirate Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73082Awaiting Authorization
    edited December 2010
  • RulgrokRulgrok Join Date: 2007-04-04 Member: 60559Members
    and it was taken down?
  • QuovatisQuovatis Team Inversion Join Date: 2010-01-26 Member: 70321Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Removed.

I was in one server where 4+ marines were whining about a Lerk gasing them from outside the map. In reality, the lerks were in the abundance of structures in the ceiling. They were just too stupid to look up.
  • Dickbeard the PirateDickbeard the Pirate Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73082Awaiting Authorization
    <!--quoteo(post=1813357:date=Dec 5 2010, 03:39 AM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Dec 5 2010, 03:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1813357"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Removed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What removed from what?
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    "This video contains content from WMG and INgrooves, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

oh the irony of copyright pirating by ######beard the pirate.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Well at least we can observer this game actually getting somewhere now that griefing video's have joined the pack as well! You konw a game is going places if griefers come and join the "fun" :P
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As a result, your video is blocked everywhere except in these locations:

Afghanistan, Aland Islands, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo - Democratic Republic of, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Holy See (Vatican City State), Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia - Federated States of, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States Minor Outlying Islands, United States Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, West Bank, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The tracks I used were "Come Fly With Me" by Frank Sinatra, "I Want a New Drug" and "Naturally" by Huey Lewis & The News. Not exactly what I expected to be covered by nazi copyright. Looks like it's blocked in america so I might reupload.
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    Not cool man, bugs are supposed to be reported, not abused...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1813372:date=Dec 4 2010, 06:36 PM:name=Twiggeh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Twiggeh @ Dec 4 2010, 06:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1813372"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not cool man, bugs are supposed to be reported, not abused...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Tell that to the Hydra spammers :D
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    There is a serious map exploit on rockdown at the west access tech point where lerks can go up in the rafters and snipe the command chair from an angle that makes it near impossible to shoot back at the lerk. If you do manage to get at an angle to shoot he will have surely seen and you will quickly be spiked to death before the cc resumes slowly losing health to the spikes. So far the only counter is to have a mac sit behind the chair and weld unless you manage to have GLs by this point somehow its likely going to be a losing battle for that room.

And out of curiosity has anyone been playing, die, and then respawn as a spectator but have it say you are an alien (never respawn back as a skulk though)??
    I once died as a marine and wasn't able to respawn even though we had an IP up. RR J1 worked though, score remained if that is your concern :P
  • PaiSandPaiSand Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33487Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1813471:date=Dec 5 2010, 11:59 AM:name=PaiSand)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PaiSand @ Dec 5 2010, 11:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1813471"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sad sad giefer.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Like I said in the video description, I'm not a griefer but actually one of the better commanders around. I just saw this glaringly obvious exploit (seriously, how do devs fail to notice a giant hole in the most popular map) and thought it would make a funny video. I did it for two rounds and recorded then went back to playing normally.
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    If its the hole I think it is, they already know about and intend to fix it.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    "I'm usually not a murderer but..."

/facepalm
  • WheeeeWheeee Join Date: 2003-02-18 Member: 13713Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1813369:date=Dec 4 2010, 02:20 PM:name=######beard the Pirate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (######beard the Pirate @ Dec 4 2010, 02:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1813369"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The tracks I used were "Come Fly With Me" by Frank Sinatra, "I Want a New Drug" and "Naturally" by Huey Lewis & The News. Not exactly what I expected to be covered by nazi copyright. Looks like it's blocked in america so I might reupload.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

since it's a music video that you made, claim fair use. youtube will unblock it.
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1813480:date=Dec 4 2010, 10:54 PM:name=Psyke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Psyke @ Dec 4 2010, 10:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1813480"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If its the hole I think it is, they already know about and intend to fix it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->So...many..jokes...must, resist. =P
    Said 2what you want. If you are so good, why griefing?
    Sad Sad griefer.
    edited December 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1813515:date=Dec 5 2010, 06:00 PM:name=PaiSand)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PaiSand @ Dec 5 2010, 06:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1813515"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Said 2what you want. If you are so good, why griefing?
    Sad Sad griefer.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It should be illegal to be this retarded. Come back when you can form a coherent sentence and THEN we'll discuss the validity of the point I was trying to make with this video.

<!--quoteo(post=1813480:date=Dec 5 2010, 12:54 PM:name=Psyke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Psyke @ Dec 5 2010, 12:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1813480"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If its the hole I think it is, they already know about and intend to fix it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That much should be obvious as it was undoubtedly the first bug report they received after the patch launched.
  • Ryo-OhkiRyo-Ohki Join Date: 2009-03-26 Member: 66917Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1813357:date=Dec 5 2010, 03:39 AM:name=Quovatis)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quovatis @ Dec 5 2010, 03:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1813357"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Removed.

I was in one server where 4+ marines were whining about a Lerk gasing them from outside the map. In reality, the lerks were in the abundance of structures in the ceiling. They were just too stupid to look up.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually I was on that server. We did look up as a matter of fact, and the only part of the lerk we could see was a bit of it's wing poking through the roof. It took no damage regardless of what we did.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Like I said in the video description, I'm not a griefer but actually one of the better commanders around. I just saw this glaringly obvious exploit (seriously, how do devs fail to notice a giant hole in the most popular map) and thought it would make a funny video. I did it for two rounds and recorded then went back to playing normally.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As I recall, when we called you out on your behaviour on the server, you claimed it was the dev's fault for putting the bug in the game in the first place. Yet you were the one who decided to exploit it for two consecutive rounds. You in fact did it for those two rounds then left the server. Pretty much text-book griefing right there.

If your interest was to be productive, you would have been better served by simply reporting the bug and refraining from doing it any further. Instead you pursued a course of action that served no purpose but your own amusement at the expense of others who were trying to productively test the game. Furthermore your attempt at Youtube humour will simply cause the bug to be used by more griefers, leading to even less testing time being accomplished on this build.
  • SN.WolfSN.Wolf Join Date: 2010-03-29 Member: 71115Members
    i don't think they should fix the hole, i would get greater satisfaction of using a death trigger so you know who frequents it.
  • BitPonBitPon Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75104Members
    "Like I said in the video description, I'm not a griefer but actually one of the better commanders around."

You also seem like a very humble guy.
    <!--quoteo(post=1813539:date=Dec 5 2010, 06:57 AM:name=######beard the Pirate)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (######beard the Pirate @ Dec 5 2010, 06:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1813539"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It should be illegal to be this retarded. Come back when you can form a coherent sentence and THEN we'll discuss the validity of the point I was trying to make with this video.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Point more than proven. You are the epitome of a griefer.
  • peentankpeentank Join Date: 2010-09-01 Member: 73857Members
    don't get angry, it will just satisfy him.
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Troll in the Hiveroom!
  • SorelSorel Join Date: 2009-08-15 Member: 68498Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1813972:date=Dec 6 2010, 05:50 PM:name=whoppaXXL)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (whoppaXXL @ Dec 6 2010, 05:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1813972"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Troll in the Hiveroom!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kPUFxXYLs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kPUFxXYLs</a>
  • EyelessEyeless Join Date: 2010-02-01 Member: 70391Members
    Lol i like how all these ppl start complaining about someone being a griefer and all of u grief over it. Irony? or stupidity? bugs can be funny he was trying to make a funny video move ON!!!!!
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    If you didn't want to be called a griefer, maybe you shouldn't have named this thread 'It Came From Above, An NS2 <b>Griefing</b> Movie'. Also, the video doesn't show in the U.S.