Can't make map, grid disappeared

RanemanRaneman Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69962Members
I can't use the rectangle tool to start making my map because the grid disappeared, and you can't use the rectangle tool without the grid.

Comments

• chubbystevechubbysteve Join Date: 2002-10-14 Member: 1496Members, Constellation
    I hate to suggest but have you tried pressing [ or ] to increase or decrease the detail of the grid? Alternatively have you checked the colour of the grid in tools>settings>interface tab> major/minor grid lines? With all four views up, when you have the select tool ... erugh... selected do you have a grid in the various 2D views?

Have you tried dragging out a square anyway in the perspective view? sometimes that wakes it up a bit.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Do you have the grid enabled? Look in the status bar if you have the checkbox enabled next to the grid snap value.
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    edited November 2010
    Im experiencing the same problem, i cant see the grid when one of these tools are active :

<ul><li>Line tool</li><li>Rectangle tool</li><li>Circle tool</li></ul>

Tho if i select any other tool the grid pops up again.

Edit : got it working by switching angle a few times.
    Tho now i cant apply a texture to my surfaces.. I make a rectangle (tried both rectangle and line tool) and all i get is a wireframe.. I cant use the extrude tool either to make a box.