Thank you unknownworlds

SlithersSlithers Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73368Members
I just wanted to thank you guys for keeping the "skill" and "game play" left in your game. Every single ###### game I play now a days has stupid crap in it, that just destroys the whole concept of the game, whether it's grinding for gear, slowing down combat, making it extremely easy mode so the average retard can compete, it just destroys the whole purpose of gaming, to play the game for the "game play" and "skill".

I thank you guys for taking that time to make sure the movement is right, to make sure that a single noob can't call in an air strike and drop a load across my entire team from a click of a button, I thank you for not adding achievements to your game, so I can feel special that I got a random headshot.

Thank you for leaving Bunny hopping, thank you for expanding your gameplay mechanics to make it even more fast paced and interesting, and most of all, THANK YOU FOR NOT SELLING OUT LIKE THE CORPORATE ###### that run this world and destroy anything that has talent attached to it.

Keep up the good work and I myself am willing to wait until your done this game 100 percent, for it to be exactly what we have all been waiting for, that old school NS flavour, mixed with next gen graphics and new mechanics that have flare to it.

Comments

• HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Give that man a New.

Err, and for the non-Australians of the forum I meant give that man a beer!

Love it.
  • hartrafthartraft Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72468Members
    edited October 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1800879:date=Oct 6 2010, 07:45 PM:name=NS2HD)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NS2HD @ Oct 6 2010, 07:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1800879"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Give that man a New.

Err, and for the non-Australians of the forum I meant give that man a beer!

Love it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am Australian and i enjoy beer!

But i still didn't understand lol. my first guess would be tooheys new?

oh I am from Tasmania aswell...so could be a mainland thing :p
  • TwiggehTwiggeh Join Date: 2010-09-24 Member: 74165Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1800880:date=Oct 6 2010, 12:21 PM:name=hartraft)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hartraft @ Oct 6 2010, 12:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1800880"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I am Australian and i enjoy beer!

But i still didn't understand lol. my first guess would be tooheys new?

oh I am from Tasmania aswell...so could be a mainland thing :p<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Give that man a New (beer).

It wasnt really that hard to understand, really :P

And i agree with OP, i rarely play MP games anymore because i rarely find it enjoyable.. The games always have huge flaws which the, usually really dumb, players not only denies but also defends rigorously.
    Its gonna be nice to play a game with content that isnt CopyPaste-material.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    Yeah I've never heard that one either. Must be local.

Also, to the OP: Flair, not flare.
    And I thought achievements and bunnyhopping were still up in the air...
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1800890:date=Oct 6 2010, 12:56 PM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Oct 6 2010, 12:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1800890"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->bunnyhopping were still up in the air...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Any developer that intentionally creates bunnyhopping for players is doing a bad job.
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    Haha yeah must be a mainland thing... Or a Sydney thing, who knows. I also agree bunny hopping isn't a good thing, but I love the general vibe of OP's post. It raises a big middle finger to 'Enemy AC130 above!'
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    Perth isn't in Tasmania, bro...
    Yes, lol! Harimau I was replying to hartraft, don't worry I'm not a geography dunce...
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    I always thought UWE had a little work to do on communicating the skill curve and depth. It's completely understandable that they don't discuss it much at this point, but for the same reasons I don't really want to declare games skill intense or strategical until it actually starts showing up somehow.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think the OP was extremely inaccurate with everything in regards to NS2, except the face that the industry is not developing risky titles at the moment for fear of loses.

For the industry it is better and more reliable sales, for the gamer it is less creative games.

I am looking forward to every release of this game, not because it 'doesn't have achievements' (which it does and are cool) or 'has bunny hopping' (which I think they have stated isn't in, except for air movement which is a good thing) but because it is taking a exciting creative risk.
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    edited October 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1800890:date=Oct 6 2010, 08:56 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Oct 6 2010, 08:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1800890"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah I've never heard that one either. Must be local.

Also, to the OP: Flair, not flare.
    And I thought achievements and bunnyhopping were still up in the air...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

they are (still up in the air).

Edit: +1 OP
  • juicejuice Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12886Members, Constellation
    Yeah I'll credit the OP a big Hallelujah, but also I have to agree with Bacillus and reserve judgment.
  • HellabeansHellabeans Universal NS Scapegoat Join Date: 2005-04-12 Member: 48269Members, Constellation
    edited October 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1800892:date=Oct 6 2010, 08:04 AM:name=Thaldarin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thaldarin @ Oct 6 2010, 08:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1800892"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Any developer that intentionally creates bunnyhopping for players is doing a bad job.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->By: sublime ( U GO !? ) on 06 October 10 21:29
    ###### all over dethridge and his spastics any ###### day with any ###### latency<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • ghAstlyghAstly Join Date: 2003-08-25 Member: 20191Members
    edited October 2010
    I recovered my pre-historic forum account just to sign in on this. Thank you UWE.

Team Fortress is the perfect example of how games are dumbed down and simplified to fit for 12 year old children. TFC had everything you could ask for skill-wise in a multiplayer shooter. The transistion to Team Fortress 2 completely ruined the skill aspect the renowned multiplayer game had.
  • simon kamakazisimon kamakazi Join Date: 2009-04-28 Member: 67296Members
    cascade is a really good tasmanian beer. one of my favorites, but the best australian one is "virgin blonde organic"
  • Antonio Gramscix420Antonio Gramscix420 Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72554Members
    i only read the first sentence of the op and nothing else in this thread but tf2 is an awful game. bye.
  • VeNeMVeNeM Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 928Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1800878:date=Oct 6 2010, 02:43 AM:name=Slithers)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Slithers @ Oct 6 2010, 02:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1800878"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I just wanted to thank you guys for keeping the "skill" and "game play" left in your game. Every single ###### game I play now a days has stupid crap in it, that just destroys the whole concept of the game, whether it's grinding for gear, slowing down combat, making it extremely easy mode so the average retard can compete, it just destroys the whole purpose of gaming, to play the game for the "game play" and "skill".

I thank you guys for taking that time to make sure the movement is right, to make sure that a single noob can't call in an air strike and drop a load across my entire team from a click of a button, I thank you for not adding achievements to your game, so I can feel special that I got a random headshot.

Thank you for leaving Bunny hopping, thank you for expanding your gameplay mechanics to make it even more fast paced and interesting, and most of all, THANK YOU FOR NOT SELLING OUT LIKE THE CORPORATE ###### that run this world and destroy anything that has talent attached to it.

Keep up the good work and I myself am willing to wait until your done this game 100 percent, for it to be exactly what we have all been waiting for, that old school NS flavour, mixed with next gen graphics and new mechanics that have flare to it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

youre kidding right? by all accounts they are making the game as noob friendly as possible. anything from ns with a learning curve beyond the scope of a 2 year old from NS1 was tossed out. and they arent being shy about it. thats my opinion though. i wouldnt be surprised if theres a lock on feature by release.
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    I pity people who cant see the sarcasm, this is one more thread to tell UWE they are ruining NS1 concept by adding useless stuff and removing good things, I agree.
  • ThaldarinThaldarin Alonzi&#33; Join Date: 2003-07-15 Member: 18173Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1801002:date=Oct 7 2010, 07:31 PM:name=TrC)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TrC @ Oct 7 2010, 07:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1801002"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I pity people who cant see the sarcasm, this is one more thread to tell UWE they are ruining NS1 concept by adding useless stuff and removing good things, I agree.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sorry?
    This thread is about as immature and sickening to read as those crying out for a release (don't you have other things to do with your life while you wait?).

Those who are stuck with ideas that 'certain game dynamics' make a game are totally flawed. The virtual world is so dynamic that it can be controlled infinitely to what the designer wants it to be. Just because bunny hopping/whatever was cool in some of the older HL/Quake series, does not mean putting it into this game will make it great. No one ever takes a draught piece and places it on a chessboard, thus taking 5 pieces at a time, do they? It would take a beautiful game and make it ######.

NS2 can't be 'the greatest most best game ever' because that is unattainable. But it can no doubt hold its ground within the fps and fps/rts genre at the higher end. It is better to be doing a few things great, then a lot badly. CS anyone?

The thing these people crave really is for a game that is extremely deep for the hardcore gamer, but consider that people have to make profit at the end of the day. The only way you can do that is by catering for everyone. That does not mean dumbing down the game, it means 'high' levels of research and design work looking at how people play and learn games. Something the industry does little of (in my opinion).

This is especially hard in an on line game that people jump into and are expected to play right away. I just hope UWE really understands this and is catering for it, because otherwise they'll end up with a few servers with 100 or so elite players whizzing around.

Anyway, these posts are getting boring. Why not post something in future that we can actually have a good discussion about.
  • DJPenguinDJPenguin Useless Join Date: 2003-07-29 Member: 18538Members
    just wait for a player made NS 1 classic mod if you're that concerned about things like bunny hopping separating the "boys from the men".
  • 1mannARMEE1mannARMEE Join Date: 2008-09-23 Member: 65064Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1800890:date=Oct 6 2010, 02:56 PM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Oct 6 2010, 02:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1800890"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And I thought achievements and bunnyhopping were still up in the air...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Noooooo keep discussing about beer don't start a bunnyhop thread !
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I thank you for not adding achievements to your game, so I can feel special that I got a random headshot.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    They are in as far as I know and I hate them for it
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thank you for leaving Bunny hopping<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    that is debatable, has been debated to death, resurected, talked to death again, finally burried, dug up again and given to a troll to drag it to his trollfamily for trolling.
  • duxdux Tea Lady Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24371Members, NS2 Developer
    Did someone say bunnyhops?
  • samurai_jeffsamurai_jeff Join Date: 2004-11-18 Member: 32853Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Whether it's been debated is beside the point. UWE stated that b-hopping is left in for skulks only.

Totally agree with OP, though, on the state of today's games. Whether he's trolling or not, he's right.
    <!--quoteo(post=1801010:date=Oct 8 2010, 05:59 AM:name=Runteh)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Runteh @ Oct 8 2010, 05:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1801010"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This thread is about as immature and sickening to read as those crying out for a release (don't you have other things to do with your life while you wait?).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Runteh, it looks like you've come full circle.
    edited October 2010
    The OP is full of sarcasm, I just get tired of these posts appearing twice a week when a more intelligent discussion can be had.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    let's all ###### after the game is out
  • KrisandoKrisando Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69876Members
    These posts must be hurting the developers feelings.

*No sarcasm intended*

=(
  • Baron_Bad_EggBaron_Bad_Egg Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29823Banned
    edited October 2010
    just think of the picture of them going crazy over our money and think about this again.