Evolved Selection

wattlewattle Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72474Members
edited July 2010 in NS2 E-Team
<div class="IPBDescription">NS2 Modding Community and Fansite</div><a href="http://evolvedselection.com/" target="_blank">http://evolvedselection.com/</a>

I'm in the process of making a NS2 modding site so creators of custom content have a place to host their maps/skins/lua and for a place for players to easily stay up-to-date on Natural Selection 2 news. I'm still tinkering with the community forums and file hosting but I will have it up within a few weeks (hopefully well before beta even begins) and I plan on hosting a couple servers once NS2 is out of alpha stages or once I see enough community content.

I will be allowing users in the future to contribute to the site (post articles, tutorials, etc.) but for now you could say Evolved Selection is in 'alpha stages'. ;P

Thank you for checking out the site, and I appreciate any feedback, if you're interested in helping with the site just comment!

PS. I would also greatly appreciate it if anyone would want to hook me up with some free custom logos to be used on the site, let me know if you're interested.

Comments

• MorganFreeman911MorganFreeman911 Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73021Members
    The site looks pretty damn good, if you ask me. I like the color scheme!
  • ryanericwryanericw Join Date: 2009-08-27 Member: 68624Members
    Looks good but I like this site better.
  • wattlewattle Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72474Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1787006:date=Jul 27 2010, 07:31 PM:name=MorganFreeman911)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MorganFreeman911 @ Jul 27 2010, 07:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1787006"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The site looks pretty damn good, if you ask me. I like the color scheme!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks bud, wish I could take credit for the template (thx Matt Brett) lol.

<!--quoteo(post=1787044:date=Jul 27 2010, 07:50 PM:name=ryanericw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ryanericw @ Jul 27 2010, 07:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1787044"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Looks good but I like this site better.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Of course but remember ES is planning on becoming more than a fansite. It`ll be a community for modders to host their content for the public and will give the chance for anyone to submit their own articles to be featured on the front page. I don`t plan on it being bigger than the NS2 forums though. :P
  • PaiSandPaiSand Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33487Members
    Really nice.
    But what about if you team up with <a href="http://ns2devs.com/index.php" target="_blank">NS2Devs</a>???

I think we need a centralized place for this and having too many mod sites is confusing, not bad, actually could be good, but if we have one that is already running and full of content I think is better helping there. And don't forget that we have the NS2 wiki that some amazing people is filling with information.
  • FuzionMonkeyFuzionMonkey Join Date: 2005-05-04 Member: 50889Members
    I like your site design.

I think a NS2 file hosting is a niche that is yet to be filled. A sort of CSBANANA for NS2 would be a site I would definitely use.
  • wattlewattle Join Date: 2010-07-17 Member: 72474Members
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1789816:date=Jul 30 2010, 08:04 PM:name=PaiSand)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PaiSand @ Jul 30 2010, 08:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1789816"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Really nice.
    But what about if you team up with <a href="http://ns2devs.com/index.php" target="_blank">NS2Devs</a>???

I think we need a centralized place for this and having too many mod sites is confusing, not bad, actually could be good, but if we have one that is already running and full of content I think is better helping there. And don't forget that we have the NS2 wiki that some amazing people is filling with information.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Wasn't aware of NS2Devs, it's a good looking site and seems they know their stuff but I'm not scrapping this community just yet. I think the more the merrier (to a certain degree) since NS2 needs all the attention it can get, plus this means more servers for once it goes live!

If NS2Devs were ever interested though I'd happily become affiliates to make sure NS2 gets some badass custom content.

<!--quoteo(post=1789981:date=Jul 31 2010, 04:38 AM:name=FuzionMonkey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FuzionMonkey @ Jul 31 2010, 04:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1789981"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I like your site design.

I think a NS2 file hosting is a niche that is yet to be filled. A sort of CSBANANA for NS2 would be a site I would definitely use.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thanks bud, glad to know there are people gonna be using it. lol