Used my pre-order key but I can't play

DonneallDonneall Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73160Members
edited July 2010 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Used the key months ago but it says I can't play</div>I've seen a topic about this further down the forum but the titel sucked so I made one my self with a better title to hopefully get more feedback.

I was a great fan of NS1, so pre-ordered as soon as I could (a few months ago). Use the key, played around with the tools and ran around that one tiny map.

Fun fun fun, no problems.

Now the big day is here, the alpha is out. Didn't get an e-mail. ###### happens, lets retrive it. Got the key in my mail.
Went to "activate product" or something, entered the key: Already in use.

Bummer, allready in use and it doesn't see me as a pre-ordering guy.

What now?

Comments

• RekovRekov Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73161Members
    When I enter my alpha key it says 'The Product Code you've entered requires the registration of another Product before use.' What on earth does that mean? I payed money for this game.
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2010
    You must have got two Keys:

The Special Edition Key that you activated already and a new Key which says "Natural Selection 2 Black Armor".
    You must activate the Black Armor key to play the game, too.

So -> First the Special Edition Key, then the Black Armor key.

You can retrieve them here:
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve</a>
  • SKYYSKYY Join Date: 2002-11-27 Member: 10070Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1786162:date=Jul 27 2010, 09:00 AM:name=Donneall)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Donneall @ Jul 27 2010, 09:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1786162"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've seen a topic about this further down the forum but the titel sucked so I made one my self with a better title to hopefully get more feedback.

I was a great fan of NS1, so pre-ordered as soon as I could (a few months ago). Use the key, played around with the tools and ran around that one tiny map.

Now the big day is here, the alpha is out. Didn't get an e-mail. ###### happens, lets retrive it. Got the key in my mail.

What now?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Same problem. I had the pre-alphas installed, UNINSTALLED them, re-downloaded the 2.2 GB over steam just now, and it says that I can't play. WTF!!
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    Did you enter the key that activates your NS2 on steam? Did you ever download the engine test?
    <!--quoteo(post=1786162:date=Jul 27 2010, 09:00 AM:name=Donneall)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Donneall @ Jul 27 2010, 09:00 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1786162"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've seen a topic about this further down the forum but the titel sucked so I made one my self with a better title to hopefully get more feedback.

What now?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Same thing here. I originally had the pre-alpha installed, UNINSTALLED it today, re-downloaded the 2.2 GB over steam, and when I try to run it I can't because it says I didn't pre-order. I have no option of entering my key anywhere. WTF!
    edited July 2010

What now?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Same thing here. I originally had the pre-alpha installed, UNINSTALLED it today, re-downloaded the 2.2 GB over steam, and when I try to run it I can't because it says I didn't pre-order. I have no option of entering my key anywhere. WTF!

/edit: WOAH, this forum software is terrible--I'm so used to seeing my replies in vB. Sorry for the 3x post. :o
  • DonneallDonneall Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73160Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1786172:date=Jul 27 2010, 03:03 PM:name=NurEinMensch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NurEinMensch @ Jul 27 2010, 03:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1786172"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Did you enter the key that activates your NS2 on steam? Did you ever download the engine test?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah I activated it on steam. And yes, I tried the engine.

That didn't help though ;)
  • BryBry Join Date: 2003-01-23 Member: 12609Members
    Calm down,

u r doing it wrong.

Firstly there was no need to uninstall steam or ns

Simply go (in steam) games--> activate a product on steam and type in the 2nd steam code for the blacka rmor dlc and it will instantly play for you.

<!--quoteo(post=1786173:date=Jul 27 2010, 02:04 PM:name=SKYY)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SKYY @ Jul 27 2010, 02:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1786173"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Same thing here. I originally had the pre-alpha installed, UNINSTALLED it today, re-downloaded the 2.2 GB over steam, and when I try to run it I can't because it says I didn't pre-order. I have no option of entering my key anywhere. WTF!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--quoteo(post=1786178:date=Jul 27 2010, 03:07 PM:name=Bry)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bry @ Jul 27 2010, 03:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1786178"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Calm down,

u r doing it wrong.

Simply go (in steam) games--> activate a product on steam and type in the 2nd steam code for the blacka rmor dlc and it will instantly play for you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then the problem is this: I don't get my blackarmor key mailed. On the blog/news post they said that if you don't have it, retrieve it here. So I did.
    But the key it gave me didn't work, it isn't the blackpewpewarmor key.

So where do I get it?

I'm just a big fan, and can't wait to play :D
  • PepeNZPepeNZ Join Date: 2009-05-26 Member: 67485Members
    From what ive skimmed through here tonight (its late here, jumped on after going to see predators) there are some people having a problem getting their black armor key.
    As sucky as that is i would just wait a couple hours and try again.
    Also would be a good idea to submit feedback through the appropriate channels
    enough of those to UW im sure they will sort it out (if they aren't doing it already which im sure they are)
    <!--quoteo(post=1786178:date=Jul 27 2010, 09:07 AM:name=Bry)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bry @ Jul 27 2010, 09:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1786178"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Calm down,

u r doing it wrong.

Simply go (in steam) games--> activate a product on steam and type in the 2nd steam code for the blacka rmor dlc and it will instantly play for you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    When I do that, it says:

"The product code you've entered has already been activated by an existing Steam account, and is therefore invalid. Your activation of Natural Selection 2 - Black Armor DLC has not been completed."

When I try to launch NS2, it says:

"Natural Selection 2 is currently only available to people who pre-ordered the Special Edition. We will be opening up the beta to everyone shortly. In the meantime you can still access the tools."

Not to be pissy, but I didn't pay $40 over a year ago just to have to deal with this kind of crap...
  • PepeNZPepeNZ Join Date: 2009-05-26 Member: 67485Members
    Totally understand your frustration.
    But i was thinking back to the days when NS1 was FIRST released
    if i recall correctly it was VERY laggy and had loads of problems.
    that was all sorted out within a couple of days however

Hopefully if you have been able to wait a year, a couple more days to get what your so obviously after will be worth it for you
    as i said in my previous post i would definately keep trying every couple of hours
    and send feedback to UW through the right channels
    its the best thing we can ALL do at this time.
    Thanks for the feedback, and I'll pratice patience. And I did wait a year, but this is the carrot on a stick thingy.

Have fun, see you on the battlefield.

<!--quoteo(post=1786184:date=Jul 27 2010, 03:15 PM:name=PepeNZ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PepeNZ @ Jul 27 2010, 03:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1786184"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Totally understand your frustration.
    But i was thinking back to the days when NS1 was FIRST released
    if i recall correctly it was VERY laggy and had loads of problems.
    that was all sorted out within a couple of days however

Hopefully if you have been able to wait a year, a couple more days to get what your so obviously after will be worth it for you
    as i said in my previous post i would definately keep trying every couple of hours
    and send feedback to UW through the right channels
    its the best thing we can ALL do at this time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • abYsssabYsss Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72433Members
    edited July 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1786187:date=Jul 27 2010, 04:18 PM:name=Donneall)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Donneall @ Jul 27 2010, 04:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1786187"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks for the feedback, and I'll pratice patience. And I did wait a year, but this is the carrot on a stick thingy.

Have fun, see you on the battlefield.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I definitely recommend you to notify the support.
    It looks like they've given out dupe keys.