Mouse

JacKnifeJacKnife Members Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27302Posts: 102 Fully active user
So I just purchased a new computer and loaded ns on it. The problem is I cannot look around with my mouse or use it at all. Yes mouse look is on. I tihnk it may be something to do with 64bit windows 7 but I am unsure. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• ScytheScythe NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46Posts: 4,372 mod
    Does mouselook work in vanilla Half-Life 1?

--Scythe-=
    "Show me an operation that is running smoothly and I'll show you someone who's covering up mistakes. Real boats rock." - Frank Herbert
    image PAPT
  • BacillusBacillus Members Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Posts: 2,774 Advanced user
    Check that your sensitivity is set to something reasonable. Having something else than a numeric value on it freezes your mouse if my memory serves me right.
  • JacKnifeJacKnife Members Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27302Posts: 102 Fully active user
    mmm i hope your not right. I changed my mouse settings in the registry to take away some mouse acceleration. Ill put it back to default and see if that changes it.
  • BacillusBacillus Members Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Posts: 2,774 Advanced user
    QUOTE (JacKnife @ Mar 14 2010, 08:41 PM) »
    mmm i hope your not right. I changed my mouse settings in the registry to take away some mouse acceleration. Ill put it back to default and see if that changes it.

Mouse accel in the registry shouldn't matter as long as you've got the mouse working in windows. I meant your NS mouse sensitivity.
  • JacKnifeJacKnife Members Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27302Posts: 102 Fully active user
    NS sensitivity does nothing whether its on 2 or 30 i still cant move my mouse in game. I can right click and bite but I cant move it for player movement or the cursor in the ingame right click menu.
    Hmm, some total blindshots then.

Try recording a demo while playing. It fixes some mouse and control related bugs for some unknown reason. You can start recording a demo by typing "record <demoname>" into your console while you're in game. "Stop" in console stops the recording. I recommend using the same filename always so that the demo gets overwritten and you won't use unnecessary disk space.

Set "-noforcemspeed" into your NS commander line. You can find the command line by rightclicking your NS icon on your steam games list.
    No sir. Neither of those work. Looks like I wont be playing NS until NS2 :<