Mouse

JacKnifeJacKnife Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27302Members
So I just purchased a new computer and loaded ns on it. The problem is I cannot look around with my mouse or use it at all. Yes mouse look is on. I tihnk it may be something to do with 64bit windows 7 but I am unsure. Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    Does mouselook work in vanilla Half-Life 1?

--Scythe-=
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    Check that your sensitivity is set to something reasonable. Having something else than a numeric value on it freezes your mouse if my memory serves me right.
  • JacKnifeJacKnife Join Date: 2004-03-12 Member: 27302Members
    mmm i hope your not right. I changed my mouse settings in the registry to take away some mouse acceleration. Ill put it back to default and see if that changes it.
    <!--quoteo(post=1759378:date=Mar 14 2010, 08:41 PM:name=JacKnife)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JacKnife @ Mar 14 2010, 08:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1759378"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->mmm i hope your not right. I changed my mouse settings in the registry to take away some mouse acceleration. Ill put it back to default and see if that changes it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Mouse accel in the registry shouldn't matter as long as you've got the mouse working in windows. I meant your NS mouse sensitivity.
    NS sensitivity does nothing whether its on 2 or 30 i still cant move my mouse in game. I can right click and bite but I cant move it for player movement or the cursor in the ingame right click menu.
    Hmm, some total blindshots then.

Try recording a demo while playing. It fixes some mouse and control related bugs for some unknown reason. You can start recording a demo by typing "record <demoname>" into your console while you're in game. "Stop" in console stops the recording. I recommend using the same filename always so that the demo gets overwritten and you won't use unnecessary disk space.

Set "-noforcemspeed" into your NS commander line. You can find the command line by rightclicking your NS icon on your steam games list.
    No sir. Neither of those work. Looks like I wont be playing NS until NS2 :<