Racism

JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
edited February 2010 in Discussions
<div class="IPBDescription">Racism Is Ignorance</div>Hi all, I have wanted to talk about this for a while now. Ive recently start playing NS1 again last time I think was 3-4 years ago.
one major thing going around in most servers now is Racism, I dont remember experiencing this before in any game especially not in NS and tbh Im only having this problem in NS right now.

I get most of it from american players telling me to leave the server or to go learn english and all kind of other stuff, so I talk with an accent so what?? u do know that there are more languages on this planet right?( and I happen to know three of them), so am I to be judged as a person on just that? am I bad person?

most of the ###### I get is becuase they ask me where am from and I say I was born and raised in Iraq ( living in Europe for the past 10 years now ) and Im proud of my country and my people ( not our last president as people tend to think that we loved him, HE WAS A DICTATOR FOR GOD SAKE ) and I dont have anything against Americans not either anybody for that matter, my best online friend and clan leader is american and so are 90% of my clan and they all welcomed me with open arms. I grew up with american culture watching movies listinging to music, and most people think that I lie when I say I learned my english mostly from that.
So am I to be judge and casted out everytime I wanna enjoy my free time with my favourite game?
why do I get this hate just for being a man from the middle east, just becuase most terrorist tend to come from one of those countries dosnt mean that people from there are all bad.

I allso get sweard at for being a muslim, first off there is nothing wrong with being muslim ( being muslim dosnt mean that u are automatically a terrorist ), so when I tell them that am christian they kinda change their mind a bit but they still do the same S**t, they usually say that am lying and there are no christians from the middle east. I ask U christian people to go cheack where christianity and jesus came from, its easy just take a minut of ur time and google it ill be here waiting to see ur reaction.

I wish people could learn more about life and people and stop judging others for being man or women, christian or muslim, homo or hetro, black or white dose it really matter? so if your white would u rather have a bad white friend than a good black friend?
I hope that more people start to observe and learn from life and see how stupid racism is.

Its not like I cry evertime I live this S**T I just hate to live this thing over and over cause its killing my gameing mode and I hate to see that other people get treated the same way. I really hope people learn to respect eachother and stop with that stupid thing cause Im really looking forward to playing NS2 ( preorderd SE ) and I wanna enjoy it instead of dealing with idiots and morons like that everytime I start playing.

one more thing just because I come from Iraq dosnt mean that I lived in in the desert and road camels wich most people tend to think that this is how it is over there. Ive never rode a camel actully ive never seen one in real life only on tv so joking about that is really lame and is the oldest joke around and its not even funny anymore, so please stop with that.

I love this game and this community and would hate to be forced to leave it just because of that, so lets put our differences aside and start to get along.

I wanna hear ur opinions about this, I hope that u learn to be smarter and when U see one guy treating people like me like that I hope u could tell him to shutup and have some respect instead of joining them and be as stupid as they are.

Comments

• celewigncelewign Join Date: 2010-02-06 Member: 70458Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1751507:date=Feb 6 2010, 07:36 PM:name=rammaj)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rammaj @ Feb 6 2010, 07:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1751507"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->stuff<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

people are stupid. deal with it. just ignore them.

a lot of things bother me too about other people. you will survive.
  • GrayDuckGrayDuck Join Date: 2003-05-08 Member: 16134Members, Constellation
    I am sorry that that has been your experience. A lot of people are small minded idiots who deserve to be ignored. I know first hand how stupid people can be - for the longest time I was hesitant to use my mic because I hated being bombarded with the "are you a girl?!" "OMG" crap... But - I eventually got over it, made some decent friendships and ignored the idiots.

That aside, it sounds like you might be baiting your fellow players. It's one thing to say what kind of accent you have, it's another to get into politics. Just say your Iraqi or European - whichever you prefer - both are the truth - and leave it at that. If the trolls dig and look for an Iraq v US argument, ignore / block 'em. You're in servers to play a game - not hold a debate!
  • WatchMakerWatchMaker Join Date: 2003-09-26 Member: 21233Members, Constellation
    edited February 2010
    As neat as it is to consider racism a NS2 general discussion, it isn't. Please keep threads where they belong.

EDIT: That said, people are like this every where. Learn to ignore it, or you won't make it too far.
  • SirotSirot Join Date: 2006-12-03 Member: 58851Members
    It is already difficult to reform people and trying to do it over the internet just makes it worse. The bad people out there are always looking for an angle to make themselves <i>seem </i>superior.

Of different race? Inferior. Of different gender? Inferior, or worse yet, a possible reward. Of different religion, of nationality, of culture, of height, of sexuality, of appearance? Inferior. It can be a rallying cry for people wanting power over others.

When you are on the internet, only thing they can do is mock and say stupid things.

Then again, they're bigots. Who cares what they think?
  • Renegade.Renegade. Join Date: 2003-01-15 Member: 12313Members, Constellation
    You sound like you have an axe to grind. Racism in NS is no more rampant than par for The Internet; anonymity means you see more of it online than in life. You learn from it and move on, like learning when not to tell people I am black.
  • xmainexmaine Join Date: 2009-08-10 Member: 68409Members
    Thank you for that wall of text captain obvious.

tl;dr
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    Yea dude,
    great post and all but, totally the wrong forum to post it in. It sucks that mean people are usually the most vocal but I hate to see NS confused (connected?) with racism.

Racism on earth will only end when advanced life is discovered elsewhere. All at once we will become earthlings.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    Racism is a natural human emotion. If a group views you as different there are many emotions they may feel and most of the time they're negative. Combine this with the fact that it's the internet, trolls are common, and you're interacting with people usually under the age of 18 and racism becomes commonplace. The real question is why it offends or upsets you. You basically typed out an essay on the topic.

It's the internet. Grow some balls or unplug your connection. This isn't your livejournal and we don't care.

Jesus.

ps: if you don't want to be mocked for being an Iraqi then pick a different alias. "Rammaj" sounds like something you would scream before blowing yourself up.

Zing.
  • ctdctd Join Date: 2009-06-01 Member: 67611Members
    LOL thread. People are always going to troll you in game and racism is usually the easiest way the trolls will get a reaction.

Drink some concrete and harden the ###### up.
  • JibrailJibrail Join Date: 2009-04-16 Member: 67200Members
    edited February 2010
    TinCan u are missing my point am not saying that ns is connected with racism I ONLY said that It got like that many times latley while I was playing NS.

xmaine thanx for the comment if u saw that it was too obvious and got bored halfway u didnt have to finish it, its not like am holding a gun to ya head.

SentrySteve u see man that is exactly what am talkin about u judge me after the alias am useing even thou u dont have the smallest clue what it is and if that was a joke than u should know that it wasnt funny. and btw this is not the alias I use in gaming.

I do have balls and i allready said it, its not like am cryin about it, and I didnt ask u to care about me i dont know ya why should u bother, all I ment is that I hope people stop other people from doing such things instead of encouraging them cause that is whats happening.
    it starts with one person and then it spreads like a virus and even thou i try to ignore them sometimes THEY JUST DONT STOP.

funny thing is most of u here say live with it, I dont care, ###### happens and stuff like that, what I wanna see is how u will handle ur selvs when u experience this everytime u try to play a game and just relax and have a good time.

maybe doing this post was a mistake after all, I though we could discuss it a little like grown ups.

anyway ill stop getting botherd cause its getting me nowhere. I guess I have to learn to just leave it be.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Moved to Discussion.
  • SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    edited February 2010
    <!--quoteo(post=1751555:date=Feb 7 2010, 12:48 AM:name=rammaj)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rammaj @ Feb 7 2010, 12:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1751555"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->its not like am cryin about it<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You obviously care and you're obviously complaining. At this point, a skilled troll would say "You mad?" You would then try to justify the fact you're not mad, like you're doing now, which only opens you up for more trolling.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->maybe doing this post was a mistake after all, I though we could discuss it a little like grown ups.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You clearly don't understand trolls, specifically their motivations and methods. It's very simple, there's nothing to discuss let alone "like grown ups."

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->SentrySteve u see man that is exactly what am talkin about u judge me after the alias am useing even thou u dont have the smallest clue what it is and if that was a joke than u should know that it wasnt funny. and btw this is not the alias I use in gaming.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And this is exactly my point. You don't seem to understand the internet. I'm not judging you as I didn't even think twice about you. I don't care if my joke was funny. All I care about is that it got a rise out of you. The more you reply and feed into it the more others will join in, which is what you pointed out in your first post. If you must feel the need to respond to a troll, like you did with my post, you don't use reason or logic and you don't show that you're upset.

The best thing to do is to ignore it, roll with it (ie: "I'm Iraqi so I'll go xenocide the marine's"), or make up something else as no one will really know what country you're from with your accent. I doubt you'll do my second suggestion, as that implies you have a sense of humor and don't have a stick up your ass. The fact that you feel the need to type out this long essay basically means you've lost. I can't believe you get offended and upset about what people say over the internet.

How are you able to function in real life? Probably because you live in Iraq in the middle of a sand dune without a single person near you.
  • TGunz81TGunz81 Join Date: 2010-02-07 Member: 70462Members
    While comedy should have a place in all of our hearts. Racism isn't a joking manner. Let-a-lone one to ignore. Only <u>ignorant fools</u>, "ignore" the world around them. Especially when so much of the world is DEMANDING change. Maybe not you Steve, because you prefer to live a life far too simple to realize that ignorance is how we got this far. Our human society falling back on one of its biggest insecurities... Racism.

As far as being an American... don't let brainwashed children, ruin your experience of Americans. These children are only the byproduct of parents who either did one of 2 things. And they certainly don't speak for all of us. Well, at least not for me.

They "<u>Ignored</u>" their child, thus allowing them to slip into a crowd full of crybabies and haters of any other race.

Or... they taught them. Which a majority of children learn it from, loved ones and relatives. I can't say I'm pure. No one is, when your born into a world full of hate. But my children shouldn't have it as bad as I did. They don't need to see how disgusting and disrespectful some people can and will be. And when people can't keep their hate to themselves... that to me is even more disrespectful. Like what made you so high and mighty, that you can talk down to another with something no one can control. Their color.

Is this ACCEPTABLE? <i>Only if your lazy</i>.

And don't argue this with me. Nothing EVER gets done, by ignoring things.

Most of the world ignored the things they learned, during and after the atrocities that took place in the Jewish Concentration Camps. Where did "ignoring" things then, get us?

All I'm saying is have a little more respect for what your saying. Especially if your an adult over 25. Then you should care what's going on. Your too old to be ignorant and intolerant to the world around you.

Also... and I hate ending my letters/submissions with "also". This is a <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showforum=28" target="_blank">DISCUSSION BOARD</a>. And by my understanding... you looked into the Discussion Board. Saw a post on Racism... READ the post... and REPLIED to it... and you're trying to tell him where to put his post or that its unacceptable?? If your an admin... by all means, I'm wrong... your right. But this IS a discussion board, meaning people are allowed to discuss anything they'd like. (with certain exceptions) And while your free to share your opinion thanks to your 1st Amendment Right, allow him to do the same. But hey, if all else fails, here's a good rule of thumb my mother always said to me. "If you don't have anything nice to say... then <i>ST%U</i>." And I think that applies to everyone feeling ignorant.

~TGunz
    <!--quoteo(post=1751561:date=Feb 7 2010, 07:23 AM:name=SentrySteve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SentrySteve @ Feb 7 2010, 07:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1751561"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You obviously care and you're obviously complaining. At this point, a skilled troll would say "You mad?" You would then try to justify the fact you're not mad, like you're doing now, which only opens you up for more trolling.

You clearly don't understand trolls, specifically their motivations and methods. It's very simple, there's nothing to discuss let alone "like grown ups."

And this is exactly my point. You don't seem to understand the internet. I'm not judging you as I didn't even think twice about you. I don't care if my joke was funny. All I care about is that it got a rise out of you. The more you reply and feed into it the more others will join in, which is what you pointed out in your first post. If you must feel the need to respond to a troll, like you did with my post, you don't use reason or logic and you don't show that you're upset.

The best thing to do is to ignore it, roll with it (ie: "I'm Iraqi so I'll go xenocide the marine's"), or make up something else as no one will really know what country you're from with your accent. I doubt you'll do my second suggestion, as that implies you have a sense of humor and don't have a stick up your ass. The fact that you feel the need to type out this long essay basically means you've lost. I can't believe you get offended and upset about what people say over the internet.

How are you able to function in real life? Probably because you live in Iraq in the middle of a sand dune without a single person near you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

allright I got it now, there are basiclly like wild dogs i dont want them but if i feed them they will be coming back, and actully I joke about it all the time as a respond to trolls but sometimes when they really go on and on and on and on and well u get it, i get angry but as i said i guess Ive learned it the hard way.
    thanx for the wake up call :D
    <!--quoteo(post=1751575:date=Feb 7 2010, 09:24 AM:name=TGunz81)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TGunz81 @ Feb 7 2010, 09:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1751575"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->While comedy should have a place in all of our hearts. Racism isn't a joking manner. Let-a-lone one to ignore. Only <u>ignorant fools</u>, "ignore" the world around them. Especially when so much of the world is DEMANDING change. Maybe not you Steve, because you prefer to live a life far too simple to realize that ignorance is how we got this far. Our human society falling back on one of its biggest insecurities... Racism.

As far as being an American... don't let brainwashed children, ruin your experience of Americans. These children are only the byproduct of parents who either did one of 2 things. And they certainly don't speak for all of us. Well, at least not for me.

They "<u>Ignored</u>" their child, thus allowing them to slip into a crowd full of crybabies and haters of any other race.

Or... they taught them. Which a majority of children learn it from, loved ones and relatives. I can't say I'm pure. No one is, when your born into a world full of hate. But my children shouldn't have it as bad as I did. They don't need to see how disgusting and disrespectful some people can and will be. And when people can't keep their hate to themselves... that to me is even more disrespectful. Like what made you so high and mighty, that you can talk down to another with something no one can control. Their color.

Is this ACCEPTABLE? <i>Only if your lazy</i>.

And don't argue this with me. Nothing EVER gets done, by ignoring things.

Most of the world ignored the things they learned, during and after the atrocities that took place in the Jewish Concentration Camps. Where did "ignoring" things then, get us?

All I'm saying is have a little more respect for what your saying. Especially if your an adult over 25. Then you should care what's going on. Your too old to be ignorant and intolerant to the world around you.

Also... and I hate ending my letters/submissions with "also". This is a <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showforum=28" target="_blank">DISCUSSION BOARD</a>. And by my understanding... you looked into the Discussion Board. Saw a post on Racism... READ the post... and REPLIED to it... and you're trying to tell him where to put his post or that its unacceptable?? If your an admin... by all means, I'm wrong... your right. But this IS a discussion board, meaning people are allowed to discuss anything they'd like. (with certain exceptions) And while your free to share your opinion thanks to your 1st Amendment Right, allow him to do the same. But hey, if all else fails, here's a good rule of thumb my mother always said to me. "If you don't have anything nice to say... then <i>ST%U</i>." And I think that applies to everyone feeling ignorant.

~TGunz<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

thats is what I kinda wanted to bring up that I wanted to know is the hole american socity like this? but then again I know better and those people dont represent everyone.
    and that is allso my point that sometimes u can joke on cirtin things but again there are somethings that cant be ignored, if u keep doing so arent u living ur life in denile then?
    btw I like ur rule, anyway i got my lesson and am gonna be better with this "trolling" game, and i know what to do from now and on.
    thanx
  • Draco_2kDraco_2k Evil Genius Join Date: 2009-12-09 Member: 69546Members
    People are generally brought up to hate and reject everyone who's different in any way... And if you were too, you'd do the same.

The only tertiary factor to this is having the gut to question your upbringing, which is something not a whole lot of people do have. Do you?..
    <!--quoteo(post=1751584:date=Feb 7 2010, 09:56 AM:name=Draco_2k)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Draco_2k @ Feb 7 2010, 09:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1751584"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->People are generally brought up to hate and reject everyone who's different in any way... And if you were too, you'd do the same.

The only tertiary factor to this is having the gut to question your upbringing, which is something not a whole lot of people do have. Do you?..<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    what do you mean exactly?
  • TGunz81TGunz81 Join Date: 2010-02-07 Member: 70462Members
    Those of us who don't follow the crowd, are the ones who've spoken up. Racism is everywhere. Everywhere here in America. It's all about how you take it and what you want to make for yourself. Prime Example...

I got my first real taste of Racism when I was about 17. I had just signed up for the military (with mommy's signature). I had 2 close friends. Jason and Alison. I knew Alison's mom, fairly close because she had been a Navy Woman... and well, I was just enlisting. However, one night we had a disheartening conversation when she told me something, that I just lost all respect for. Even had the balls to tell her such.

But, we're not here to read, so lets skip the foreplay. Jason was black. Alison was white. But, Jason wasn't completely black. At least not in a culture form. He was white, if not whiter than I was. (Again, in culture form) He was adopted by a white family when he was young, too small to really remember anyone else being his parents. With straight A's and being a lead trumpet and drums, he had a lot more going for me at the time.

Alison and Jason went out. To me and everyone else within my group... this was ordinary. As we didn't see color. We couldn't, because of Jason. He was different, which was obvious... but then again, so were all of us. None of us, really looked like another. I'm Italian, she was Irish, he was polish, he was ###### and flamboyant (sp?) about it... but everyone was different.

Alison's mom heard. And knew all about Jason and his family. But because, and ONLY because his skin was "black"... did it cause a problem.

She had demanded that her daughter not "court" (to put it lightly) with the Brother from another Mother. It even at the time, dawned on me how ridiculous it really is. People know that feeling and acting that way is wrong... however it doesn't stop them. Like their justified, for their belittlement.

And while, I'd like to conquer world racism. I'd rather just see everyone shut up, about what they believe. Perhaps if racist people took a little more respect in the issue and kept their hateful thoughts and general BS and irrationality of "pure races" to themselves. Maybe, if more people weren't cowards and just accepted things or ignored them... things could be very different. How intolerant are you? We all go through thought processes. Thinking machines, deciding what things we need to do RIGHT... and the things that are WRONG. To me, the real cowards are those who are wrong and know it. They do nothing at all to self-improve themselves and allow themselves to be taken over by those wrong feelings. And what's scary is their going to grow up to breed little flawless spawnings who share beliefs of hatred and ridicule.

I'm an American... and I feel that everyone has a right to express the same rights I get. (and served for.) However, they need to add a "STFU" clause into the Constitution. Just because you can talk, doesn't mean you always shouldn't and vise versa. Even when your told NOT to talk, or to accept the "status quo"... open your mouth and fulfill your life with some Integrity and show people that you... <b>yes you</b>... can make changes too and won't allow our future kids to accept this, as its final answer.

~TGunz
  • BadMouthBadMouth It ceases to be exclusive when you can have a custom member titl Join Date: 2004-05-21 Member: 28815Members
    The great thing about the internet is anonymity. Nobody knows anybody and they can keep it that way. So it is a lot easier for people to lash out and make racist comments without fear of repercussions. Especially in a gaming setting, where the people you interact with typically don't fall into the category of "intellectual" and "understanding". Nobody's going to enforce rules against bias, since that is not the main objective of the gaming platform. The main objective of that person is to have fun, and frankly speaking, he does not need to be concerned with the fun of other people, only that of his own. So going on the internet and gaming, you have to accept that racism is bound to be there and there is not much that can be done about it.

The best thing for you is to just remain anonymous like the rest of the people. Do not have anything tagged to you if you can help it. You may be proud of where you are from, what you are, and your heritage. But you ask the question. Is it worth it to face all that flak for my pride? If the answer is no, then just be a generic gamer with no tags attached. If the answer is yes, you shouldn't be complaining here.

I am very much against discrimination of all types. Whether it be nationality, gender, sex, sexuality or race. But I understand there is nothing we can do about it on the internet, since it is a hard place to change people's minds. Don't get me wrong. I'm all for changing people's mindsets on these things but not on the internet. I could spend hours talking to somebody face to face, or on the phone on issues of discrimination. But the internet makes it too impersonal to carry on a proper discussion, especially a gaming community.
    what amazes me is that how people keep telling me "live with it" I mean did it come to this that people started accepting it?
    Its not like I go into a server and say hi am from Iraq so I get all this hate back, I love to use mic when playing it gives a better experince and it is there when all hell breaks loose.
    so should I stop useing mic ? I dont wanna do that cause it dosnt feel right, it feels like am running like a cowerd and hiding myself, why do I need to do that when I havnt done anything wrong.
    anyway It is true its hard to change peoples mind on such things and even harder if not impossible on the internet, only thing I could do is just face them in a way that dosnt make my angry or effect my "fun" time.
    I feel sorry for those people cause I could imagine them being alone in real life and the only friends they got is ones that are worse than them, and u know where those people will end up after coulpe of years? NOWHERE.
    as somebody pointed out the only sad thing that those retards will give birth to another generation of retards.
    am gonna keep playing how I like to and if such thing happen I will think before acting and not get so emutional about it.

what I feel good about is not all american are like that, just yesterday I made some new friends and we talk and talk for more than an hour about recism, religion and many other stuff. so its good to see that there are still some sane people with a functioning mind and awareness of themselvs and people around them.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    edited February 2010
    If "deal with it" isn't acceptable to you, then let me ask you right back: What do you want us to do about it? I don't play NS anymore, but I used to. Used to admin a server too. If I had encountered racism I would have dealt with it swiftly and, if necessary, harshly. But that's all I, or anyone else, can do. If you encounter racism on specific servers, ask the server admin(s) to deal with it. If that doesn't help, there's nothing to do except play on a different server. It's hardly fair, but those are the facts.
    We don't condone racism, we don't accept it, but in the end you have to pick your battles: Fight the ones you can win, avoid the ones you can't.
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1751674:date=Feb 7 2010, 11:56 AM:name=rammaj)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rammaj @ Feb 7 2010, 11:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1751674"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->what amazes me is that how people keep telling me "live with it" I mean did it come to this that people started accepting it?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    On the internet people will insult anyone for no reason at all, if you want to interact with strangers on the internet you better have a thick skin.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I love to use mic when playing it gives a better experince and it is there when all hell breaks loose.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You implied that you are somewhere around age 12 or 13 I think. Anytime someone your age uses a mic in game they are going to get flak about it, the fact you have an ascent just opens a new box of expletives.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->anyway It is true its hard to change peoples mind on such things and even harder if not impossible on the internet, only thing I could do is just face them in a way that dosnt make my angry<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If you want to change hearts and minds start with a more enlightened group, Google 4chan and head over to /b/

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->or effect my "fun" time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Don't say that ever again unless you want the trolls to laugh at you.
    edited February 2010
    agree on the last part i typed so fast i didnt even realize that it sounds weird/wrong untill now :D
  • FilthyLarryFilthyLarry Join Date: 2003-08-31 Member: 20423Members
    Unfortunately while I think this is a fair topic for discussion this is somewhat "preaching to the choir" as they say. Most people here I believe are not the kind of immature and self-deluded individuals the OP has come across.

Still, I am sorry rammaj that your gaming experience has been marred by unreasonable people as I've had my fair share of idiots who seemingly will stop at nothing to create a negative atmosphere for everyone. Case in point would be the old Sven-Coop mod for half-life where people would literally stand in doorways to block progress for everyone involved... sad but true.
  • Chris0132Chris0132 Join Date: 2009-07-25 Member: 68262Members
    edited February 2010
    Accents are often annoying, combined with bad mic quality and the general encoding issues you get with VOIP and it can make voice chat even more unbearable than it normally is.

It's not something you can really do anything about but that doesn't stop it being annoying. Like really stupid people, you can't do anything about really stupid people but they are still annoying as well. If something annoys people it's not exactly unreasonable to expect them to act annoyed once in a while.

It's just something that you have to accept unless you can somehow change your accent to be easier to understand, change everyone else's ears so that they can understand any accent, change the game so that people don't become annoyed when you use the voice chat when they can't understand you (wasting voice chat time basically, which is bad in a game which relies a lot on communication) as well as changing VOIP to not be horrible.

As you can't do any of those the only option is 'put up with it'.

The rest of the complaints are more reprehensible but still the only thing you can really do is 'put up with it' because you can't rewire everyone's brains to fix it.