Developers, Give us some ingame videos please.

-Diesel--Diesel- Join Date: 2009-09-13 Member: 68769Members
Yes, the how to make a scene thing was interesting...

But can you guys release some videos that actually show the game?

We know you have the basic game ready, we saw it in the lighting video.

Show us anything... a guy just running around, a guy jumping around, explosions.. things blowing up, more lighting?, more infestation, guns shooting... if you have them done, aliens running around, random stuff that nobody cares about.. Just something that makes it easier to wait for this game because of the masses of crap games out right now.

please?

Comments

• Commie SpyCommie Spy Join Date: 2009-07-02 Member: 68008Members
    diesel i know you are new to the forums, but show some respect... you seem to have JUST recently started following NS2, implying that you hadn't even played NS1.

We have all waited a long time for NS2. Be patient, because we have been playing for years - not like 1 or 2 - I mean years. I have for about 6. I'm not saying I have been waiting for NS2 for 6 years, but I'm just saying taht a lot of us have been throw the ups and lows of this mod. So, please relax and shut the ######k up.

It will be ready when it's ready. I rather have them finish the game sooner than have them constantly update w/ vlogs about the engine. I feel that they showed us that recent marine engine/poly/wireframe video just because people were complaining about lack of in game footage. That video took time - time I would have them spending working on say the netcode than some video. Tweets take all of 3 seconds and are ok. Video updates do not however... relax buddy
  • -Diesel--Diesel- Join Date: 2009-09-13 Member: 68769Members
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1730518:date=Oct 3 2009, 04:51 PM:name=Commie Spy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Commie Spy @ Oct 3 2009, 04:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730518"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->diesel i know you are new to the forums, but show some respect... you seem to have JUST recently started following NS2, implying that you hadn't even played NS1.

We have all waited a long time for NS2. Be patient, because we have been playing for years - not like 1 or 2 - I mean years. I have for about 6. I'm not saying I have been waiting for NS2 for 6 years, but I'm just saying taht a lot of us have been throw the ups and lows of this mod. So, please relax and shut the ######k up.

It will be ready when it's ready. I rather have them finish the game sooner than have them constantly update w/ vlogs about the engine. I feel that they showed us that recent marine engine/poly/wireframe video just because people were complaining about lack of in game footage. That video took time - time I would have them spending working on say the netcode than some video. Tweets take all of 3 seconds and are ok. Video updates do not however... relax buddy<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Your logic is flawed. I've played NS1 before, and I lurked around the forums and looked at all the art, concepts, videos, pictures that were released.

Another thing that makes it funny is that you aren't an old member of the forums yourself... and you come in here acting like I'm the "new guy". You yourself have <b>17</b> posts.... I wouldn't go around calling people new guys.

I've been lurking since NS2 was announced and I've been playing NS1 before that. So trust me when I say I've been waiting a long time. I only joined the forums now because I'm not very interested in posting in them. One reason would be people like you.

Don't go around telling people to "shut the ###### up" either. For all you know I can be older than your daddy, that is disrespect. NOT asking nicely for the devs to release a few videos.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    They're pretty busy. Every video has been ingame though, like the skulk/gorge reveals or the Marine rendering breakdown.
  • SirotSirot Join Date: 2006-12-03 Member: 58851Members
    edited October 2009
    This question gets asked every week or two. We won't see ingame videos for multiple reasons:

1. Gameplay might not be refined enough that will be presentable.
    2. It will be probably the last thing we see. We are all here waiting for it, so might as well build excitement slowly up with minor releases.
    3. Videos take considerable time to make and such a high profile video will be take considerable time indeed.

EDIT: RE: TychoCelchuuu
    I think he meant gameplay.
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1730525:date=Oct 3 2009, 05:10 PM:name=TychoCelchuuu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TychoCelchuuu @ Oct 3 2009, 05:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730525"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They're pretty busy. Every video has been ingame though, like the skulk/gorge reveals or the Marine rendering breakdown.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you go look at some of the older video casts they have some guys talking with drawn pictures of a siege cannon also..

Most are ingame, I wonder if they have the infestation done in the evolution engine... The one out now was done in source engine, before they switched over.

And commie spy is wrong, it doesn't take a long time to make a simple video.

-All you need is hypercam or something...
    -pop ingame..
    -make some infestation grow.
    -Video tape it for like 1 minute..
    -Convert it IF needed..
    -Post on youtube.
    -Done.

At most it would take like 10 minutes

<!--quoteo(post=1730527:date=Oct 3 2009, 05:13 PM:name=Sirot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sirot @ Oct 3 2009, 05:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730527"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This question gets asked every week or two. We won't see ingame videos for multiple reasons:

1. Gameplay might not be refined enough that will be presentable.
    2. It will be probably the last thing we see. We are all here waiting for it, so might as well build excitement slowly up with minor releases.
    3. Videos take considerable time to make and such a high profile video will be take considerable time indeed.

EDIT: RE: TychoCelchuuu
    I think he meant gameplay.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It doesn't matter, gameplay, physics, anything. I'd be grateful even if a dev just pooped in and said "We will release a video in about a week"

If you are talking about gameplay videos taking a long time to create.. Yes I agree. You must make the game look good and fun.

But Showing stuff like infestations, or jumping animations, Or even a bunch of buildings inside of a room.. to give us an idea of what a base would look like.. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes, 25 minutes tops.
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1730528:date=Oct 3 2009, 06:14 PM:name=-Diesel-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Diesel- @ Oct 3 2009, 06:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730528"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you go look at some of the older video casts they have some guys talking with drawn pictures of a siege cannon also..

Most are ingame, I wonder if they have the infestation done in the evolution engine... The one out now was done in source engine, before they switched over.

And commie spy is wrong, it doesn't take a long time to make a simple video.

-All you need is hypercam or something...
    -pop ingame..
    -make some infestation grow.
    -Video tape it for like 1 minute..
    -Convert it IF needed..
    -Post on youtube.
    -Done.

At most it would take like 10 minutes<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You shouldn't be in Public Relations because these things take more care than you think.
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited October 2009
    Infestation was always in their own engine. Possibly you thought they were talking about the source engine when they mentioned using the same map format? (.bsp)
    Have patience. And faith - they made NS1, after all.
  • AtoneAtone Join Date: 2009-09-21 Member: 68839Members
    edited October 2009
    The D.I. video was before they decided to do it on their own engine. It was done in Source.
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1730529:date=Oct 3 2009, 05:15 PM:name=Sirot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sirot @ Oct 3 2009, 05:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730529"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You shouldn't be in Public Relations because these things take more care than you think.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Oh yeah?

How long do you think it will take to make this video?

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2006/12/dynamic_infestation" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2006...mic_infestation</a>

If the infestation is ready you pop into a map, activate it, record and speak, then upload.

It really isn't that hard, Video/Photo/Sound editing is one aspect of my job and I can tell you it doesn't require that much time if you know what you are doing. Which the developers Do.

Now instead of speaking for the developers lets have them come tell us whether they can give us a little treat or not. The only people who would know is them, not us.

<!--quoteo(post=1730531:date=Oct 3 2009, 05:18 PM:name=Atone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Atone @ Oct 3 2009, 05:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730531"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The D.I. video was before they decided to do it on their own engine. It was done in Source.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes I thought that also.
  • EpiclandingEpiclanding Join Date: 2009-09-30 Member: 68913Members
    As much as i'd like to see some gameplay, it might not be for a while
  • AtoneAtone Join Date: 2009-09-21 Member: 68839Members
    I'd honestly prefer seeing the last two alien reveals first.
  • JAmazonJAmazon Join Date: 2009-02-21 Member: 66503Members
    No offense Diesel, but you kind of sound like a whiny kid in this thread. Granted its your thread, so you can do whatever you want. I just think you should know that you aren't gonna start a "Hey lets annoy the DEVs until they release a video" forum riot. At best your gonna annoy everyone on the forums that's actually being patient and appreciating the time that the devs take away from production to show us what they do.
  • PaiSandPaiSand Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33487Members
    lol, another troll thread...

Diesel, you have no idea how long it takes to make an ingame video. The voices and putting all together is easy, no brain needed (you work on this aspect ;) ), but is not as easy as you think.

I still remember a post, somewhere in the forum, where one of them told us all that when they ready to show a good ingame video they will do it and this could take a time. They don't want to show crappy things. Is the real ###### or nothing.
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1730539:date=Oct 3 2009, 05:59 PM:name=JAmazon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JAmazon @ Oct 3 2009, 05:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730539"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No offense Diesel, but you kind of sound like a whiny kid in this thread. Granted its your thread, so you can do whatever you want. I just think you should know that you aren't gonna start a "Hey lets annoy the DEVs until they release a video" forum riot. At best your gonna annoy everyone on the forums that's actually being patient and appreciating the time that the devs take away from production to show us what they do.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And what you are doing right now isn't whining?

I'm not annoying them, and I am most definitely NOT starting a "riot". Do you hear me yelling "Stand up for your rights and DEMAND a video NOW!" No.. I just said a video would be nice devs, and I also said please.

Are you kidding me? The devs won't be annoyed by one thread asking nicely for a few videos. The reason why you might think I'm being a bad guy is because we have these random people coming in the thread.. telling me to "shut the ###### up" and calling me a "new guy" plus other non sense.

How would you feel if I told you to shut the ###### up, stop being disrespectful, and stop voicing your opinions because you are a new guy. You wouldn't like it right?

Thats how I felt, my first post wasn't meant to be annoying or disrespectful. I asked for a video to be released.. nicely.

Heck! Even in the title it says "give us some ingame videos <b>please</b>"

Don't take this the wrong way, I've seen your posts Jamazon. They are well thought out and intelligent. Try to understand my position here.

<!--quoteo(post=1730543:date=Oct 3 2009, 06:17 PM:name=PaiSand)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PaiSand @ Oct 3 2009, 06:17 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730543"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lol, another troll thread...

Diesel, you have no idea how long it takes to make an ingame video. The voices and putting all together is easy, no brain needed (you work on this aspect ;) ), but is not as easy as you think.

I still remember a post, somewhere in the forum, where one of them told us all that when they ready to show a good ingame video they will do it and this could take a time. They don't want to show crappy things. Is the real ###### or nothing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Troll: "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community"

How is this controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off topic?

"The voices and putting all together is easy, no brain needed (you work on this aspect ;) ), but is not as easy as you think."

What else is needed? The actual videotaping right? That doesn't take long either.. So where is this hidden part you guys seem to think exists that makes it so hard to make a video? The developers are PROS, They KNOW what they are doing. They can make a video in a heartbeat.

One thing you guys should get straight is <b>I am NOT asking for Gameplay footage! Just anything the developers would be so kind to release for their community.</b> IF gameplay was ready.. Then we would have an ALPHA by now!

This seems to be the reason why so much bashing is happening in this thread. Can we please stop and get back ontopic???
  • TempesT487TempesT487 Join Date: 2009-04-15 Member: 67195Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited October 2009
    While I don't think we should be demanding videos, I'm feeling a little concerned about the game. Its meant to be released this year, and there isn't much to show for it...

Don't get me wrong, I respect the fact that the Devs should be spending their time actually refining the game than handing out freebies for us to watch but to be honest we haven't seen much. Alien reveals are nice, so are the marines ones, but we have yet to see some actual in-game footage. I would LOVE to see a video of just first-person marine walking around for 20 seconds. That would re-assure me about the games progress.

Again, I am in no position to criticise, but from the small amount of videos we are shown its kind of hard to believe this game is going to be released this year...

Also Diesel is being perfectly reasonable, stop being so hostile.
    <!--quoteo(post=1730546:date=Oct 3 2009, 06:26 PM:name=TempesT487)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TempesT487 @ Oct 3 2009, 06:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730546"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->While I don't think we should be demanding videos, I'm feeling a little concerned about the game. Its meant to be released this year, and there isn't much to show for it...

Don't get me wrong, I respect the fact that the Devs should be spending their time actually refining the game than handing out freebies for us to watch but to be honest we haven't seen much. Alien reveals are nice, so are the marines ones, but we have yet to see some actual in-game footage. I would LOVE to see a video of just first-person marine walking around for 20 seconds. That would re-assure me about the games progress.

Again, I am in no position to criticise, but from the small amount of videos we are shown its kind of hard to believe this game is going to be released this year...

Also Diesel is being perfectly reasonable, stop being so hostile.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thank you, all I can hope now is that people stop making stuff up and using it against me and we get more relevant and useful posts in here like this one.
  • Commie SpyCommie Spy Join Date: 2009-07-02 Member: 68008Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1730523:date=Oct 3 2009, 10:07 PM:name=-Diesel-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-Diesel- @ Oct 3 2009, 10:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730523"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Your logic is flawed. I've played NS1 before, and I lurked around the forums and looked at all the art, concepts, videos, pictures that were released.

Another thing that makes it funny is that you aren't an old member of the forums yourself... and you come in here acting like I'm the "new guy". You yourself have <b>17</b> posts.... I wouldn't go around calling people new guys.

I've been lurking since NS2 was announced and I've been playing NS1 before that. So trust me when I say I've been waiting a long time. I only joined the forums now because I'm not very interested in posting in them. One reason would be people like you.

Don't go around telling people to "shut the ###### up" either. For all you know I can be older than your daddy, that is disrespect. NOT asking nicely for the devs to release a few videos.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well seeing that you couldn't POSSIBLY be out of high school, arguing with you is inevitably useless. I shall only say this to the few that read this thread.
    You joined like 24 days ago. And since then you have had 160 posts, thus an average of about 6.66 posts a day. Naturally these are very productive posts.

These are the topics. As anyone can see they are very constructive and awesome in every way possible.

<b>So... Will the LMG acctually look good in NS2?, The old one was bleh</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107498" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107498</a>

<b>Sooo... any idea on the arcadyness of NS2?</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107528" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107528</a>

<b>Will your friends flashlight also be visable to you?, pic inside</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107522" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107522</a>

<b>So If i get the pre order now.... Will i be able to feed it to steam later?</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107506" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107506</a>

<b>NS2 to be released This month?, Is that possible? Alpha isn't even out yet.</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107505" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107505</a>

<b>Stupid question: Will the game be 40 dollars after release?</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107477" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107477</a>

<b>Question for the devs: How do you plan NS2's animations and physics to be like?</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107476" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107476</a>

<b>Being able to weld and barricade doors, ability for marines.</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107531" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107531</a>

<b>Voice chat that only people around you can hear?</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107515" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107515</a>

<b>Make the guns LOUD!, Seriously.</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107517" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107517</a>
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1730548:date=Oct 3 2009, 06:36 PM:name=Commie Spy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Commie Spy @ Oct 3 2009, 06:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730548"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well seeing that you couldn't POSSIBLY be out of high school, arguing with you is inevitably useless. I shall only say this to the few that read this thread.
    You joined like 24 days ago. And since then you have had 160 posts, thus an average of about 6.66 posts a day. Naturally these are very productive posts.

These are the topics. As anyone can see they are very constructive and awesome in every way possible.

<b>So... Will the LMG acctually look good in NS2?, The old one was bleh</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107498" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107498</a>

<b>Sooo... any idea on the arcadyness of NS2?</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107528" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107528</a>

<b>Will your friends flashlight also be visable to you?, pic inside</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107522" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107522</a>

<b>So If i get the pre order now.... Will i be able to feed it to steam later?</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107506" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107506</a>

<b>NS2 to be released This month?, Is that possible? Alpha isn't even out yet.</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107505" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107505</a>

<b>Stupid question: Will the game be 40 dollars after release?</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107477" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107477</a>

<b>Question for the devs: How do you plan NS2's animations and physics to be like?</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107476" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107476</a>

<b>Being able to weld and barricade doors, ability for marines.</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107531" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107531</a>

<b>Voice chat that only people around you can hear?</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107515" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107515</a>

<b>Make the guns LOUD!, Seriously.</b>
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=107517" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=107517</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Very mature, Instead of dropping it.. You just KEEP on bashing.

There is NOTHING wrong with those threads.

And the ones that you might find questionable... Well there is something called getting drunk, I'm guessing... but I'll say you never done that before because your parents don't let you.

Seriously, drop it and discuss what the thread is about.. Not trying to prove that I'm in high school or what ever.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    edited October 2009
    The dynamic infestation video was in their own engine. This was back before they dropped Source but the video was made in Max's engine because they were testing it there first. You are asking "why are the developers not making videos if it's so easy" and the simple answer is that they are busy and they would rather spend time developing the game than making videos. If you don't like that answer, I'm sorry, but there's not some other, magic answer that's going to satisfy you more.
    Troll: "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community"

LOL

<i>Read error: EOF from client</i>
    I would like to do add, that it would make strategic sense (see Public Relations comment earlier) to have a big reveal for their first bit of gameplay footage. A trailer if you will to get people who are still on the fence to be more interested in the game.
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1730552:date=Oct 3 2009, 06:46 PM:name=PaiSand)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PaiSand @ Oct 3 2009, 06:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730552"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Troll: "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community"

LOL

<i>Read error: EOF from client</i><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You do know you are being a troll right now?

You guys just don't stop, do you?

<!--quoteo(post=1730551:date=Oct 3 2009, 06:45 PM:name=TychoCelchuuu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TychoCelchuuu @ Oct 3 2009, 06:45 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730551"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The dynamic infestation video was in their own engine. This was back before they dropped Source but the video was made in Max's engine because they were testing it there first. You are asking "why are the developers not making videos if it's so easy" and the simple answer is that they are busy and they would rather spend time developing the game than making videos. If you don't like that answer, I'm sorry, but there's not some other, magic answer that's going to satisfy you more.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Alright, a few of us thought that it was done on source. It doesn't really matter though.

And one thing I'm not asking why they aren't making any videos. I'm asking the developers to please release some videos. Why is it so hard to just ask a simple question and not have 20 guys come in and criticize you, twist your words, and fill the thread with random crap like the post above by pai. I looked at the demographic thread and the majority was OVER 18 . Seriously guys start acting like the adults you supposedly are.

(this is not directed to you tycho, but you should of read my posts more carefully.)

<!--quoteo(post=1730554:date=Oct 3 2009, 06:51 PM:name=Sirot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sirot @ Oct 3 2009, 06:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730554"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would like to do add, that it would make strategic sense (see Public Relations comment earlier) to have a big reveal for their first bit of gameplay footage. A trailer if you will to get people who are still on the fence to be more interested in the game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

By gameplay do you mean marines building bases and shooting at aliens... or a guy running around a map looking at walls?

Because I'm asking for the latter.
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Just a quick thought from an old NS1 fan... If you were the devs in a progressive game such as NS1 and you were making a sequel. Let's say for kicks you gave a round about figure on when your game is to be released... Let's say Fall 2009 (weird i know!). What if you couldnt meet the schedule you set out? What do you do? Tell everyone, say your sorry explaining a good game takes time, fight off some that want refunds, and set a new date? Setting yourself up for the same problem if your date cant be met again? I think not. I am NOT saying i dont have every confidence in this dev team that they will keep true to their word, but if they couldnt make said timeline i wouldnt want to know (due to the masses bad reaction) till they were sure of when it WOULD be done. Just my two cents. Sorry for being off topic :)

NS4EVAR!
    edited October 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1730556:date=Oct 3 2009, 06:53 PM:name=RisingSun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RisingSun @ Oct 3 2009, 06:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730556"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Just a quick thought from an old NS1 fan... If you were the devs in a progressive game such as NS1 and you were making a sequel. Let's say for kicks you gave a round about figure on when your game is to be released... Let's say Fall 2009 (weird i know!). What if you couldnt meet the schedule you set out? What do you do? Tell everyone, say your sorry explaining a good game takes time, fight off some that want refunds, and set a new date? Setting yourself up for the same problem if your date cant be met again? I think not. I am NOT saying i dont have every confidence in this dev team that they will keep true to their word, but if they couldnt make said timeline i wouldnt want to know (due to the masses bad reaction) till they were sure of when it WOULD be done. Just my two cents. Sorry for being off topic :)

NS4EVAR!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well the teaser said it was going to be released in fall, so no it don't think the game will match with the deadline...

But keep in mind almost ALL developers delay. Blizzard.... VALVe.... EA

It is just what they do.

Starcraft 2 was suppose to be out right now.. but it got delayed to like next year Q4 I think. Valve always delays their games.. EA just sucks instead of delaying they just cancel the game.
  • RisingSunRisingSun Rising California Join Date: 2004-04-19 Member: 28015Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited October 2009
    knowing this diesel just sit tight man :) People are just as antsy as you and i hate seeing another NSlover get flamed. We are all here for a common cause :)

CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!

(had to edit this: NSlover - A person who has played NS1 extensively and is looking forward to NS2. Also a player who doesnt want super drastic changes and agreeing with me all the time doesnt hurt)
    <!--quoteo(post=1730559:date=Oct 3 2009, 07:03 PM:name=RisingSun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RisingSun @ Oct 3 2009, 07:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1730559"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah seriously, that is like the cause of every problem in the world these days.

:D
    Yet another...

Fall just started, a week ago! There are still more than 2 month of fall. If they need more time I know that we, the ones that really support them from the start, wait until the game is ready. We don't want a game that needs an urgent patch, we don't want a crappy version of NS1, we want a playable game, with the things they promised, and if to get that stuff in the game takes more time, we'll wait.

We don't need to see right now videos, we need them focus on the game (like a fade, giving a one hit kill). And if you read the forum, you know there is only 1 mapper, working hard to get all done in time.

And then you ask why I call this a troll thread... pffff

<i>Read error: EOF from client</i>
  • KungFuDiscoMonkeyKungFuDiscoMonkey Creator of ns_altair 日本福岡県 Join Date: 2003-03-15 Member: 14555Members, NS1 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos
    Going to lock this now. As others have pointed out, this topic has come up several times. People need to be more patient.
This discussion has been closed.