Does anyone have...?

2»

Comments

• BryBry Join Date: 2003-01-23 Member: 12609Members
    The only stuff that I have is whats currently on the site mate. If you have access to newer version(s) if you can either give me a link or upload them yourself (see above post)
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
  • GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1707540:date=May 23 2009, 10:41 PM:name=BrigadierWolf)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrigadierWolf @ May 23 2009, 10:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1707540"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And here I was just randomly browsing through for old time's sake.

Im sorry to say Ive long since lost most of the stuff i did for NS. I found some of my old stuff lying around on some backup CD's i made And Ill see about reposting them here. The hard drives I used back then busted a loooong time ago.

The other problem is that my friend took the old caltrop server down. He made a backup of everything on CD for me but then he could never find the CD. Im gonna be over by his place for Memorial day though so maybe I'll bug him about it.

Out of curiousity.. How many people still play? I could be convinced to make a new weapon or two If there are still people around to use them. I would just have to find out a way to export half life 1 SMDs from Maya. I can export HL2 SMDs so there has to be a way.

Anyway, Cheers guys, Long time no see.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Brig, archive.org has several archives of his site and I was able to pull quite a few things from it, you should give it a go.
  • BrigadierWolfBrigadierWolf Join Date: 2003-05-30 Member: 16876Members, Contributor
    edited June 2009
    I just got a CD from my friend with a backup of my entire index before the caltrop server went down. im going to sort through it and see if i can organize it into something coherent.
    Its even got a lot of weapons I didnt remember making. Like the TSI knife and a glock.

Its got alot of other ones as well like the Snake Eyes marine and Desert Eagle, though alot of the weapons never got heavy armor versions.
  • GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members
    I remember using some of your marine models a long time ago, but lost them when I accidentally deleted my NS folder. They had a problem though, they were missing reload animations which caused the torso and arms to flail everywhere until the reload was done. Think you could get to fixing them?
  • BrigadierWolfBrigadierWolf Join Date: 2003-05-30 Member: 16876Members, Contributor
    no.. probably not.
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    Some of that can be easy fixed by just looping unwiggly anims. It's not perfect but it should keep people quiet for a bit, it just means there's no obvious clue to reloading.

Anyhow, this isn't a suggestion to yourself Brig. You understand, of course, that I'm happy you're releasing anything at all. These stopgap animations will be something I'll probably do to whatever I download.

(and I'll do it in notepad, as always... just need to find my old HL tools folder for extractions...)
    yeah, well thats the thing. I dont have any of the source for the models anymore, only the finished compiled ones. there are also no HL1 utilities that I know of for maya. So really i cant do anything either way.

That and I really dont feel like screwing with models i made 5 years ago.
    Yeah, I'm the same with my Aliens pack. Unless it suddenly breaks horrifically then I don't intend to tweak it at all.

I mean, NS2 on the way, what's the point? It's not like mine was original IP..

Maybe GiG will download whatever you post links to, and if they still have issues then perhaps they'll be able to say which specific models...
  • SpetsnazSpetsnaz Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24761Members, Constellation
    Would love to see some re-releases!
  • FuNiOnZFuNiOnZ Join Date: 2004-02-05 Member: 26112Members
    I would like to see the SushiFX stuff uploaded to Brys site
  • DrummerDrummer Join Date: 2004-02-18 Member: 26654Members
    i would love if anyone has the low poly models still, they would help me so much. ns at 20 fps = teh suk