IPS Driver Error

GWARGWAR Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2297Members, Contributor
<div class="IPBDescription">While logged in</div>For some odd reason, while logged in I can only view the board index. If I click on a thread to read it or post a message it comes up with a IPS driver error.

Obviously, everything works fine if I stay logged out. Can anything be done to fix this? Its been this way for years now!

Comments

• NecroNecro &lt;insert non-birthday-related title here&gt; Join Date: 2002-08-09 Member: 1118Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1705196:date=Apr 18 2009, 05:28 PM:name=GWAR)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GWAR @ Apr 18 2009, 05:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1705196"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->For some odd reason, while logged in I can only view the board index. If I click on a thread to read it or post a message it comes up with a IPS driver error.

Obviously, everything works fine if I stay logged out. Can anything be done to fix this? Its been this way for years now!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i have the exact same problem and have had it for years! (which is why i never post anymore)

infact i was able to bypass it for this by logging out, coming to the thread replying and logging in when it asked :|
  • GWARGWAR Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2297Members, Contributor
    <!--quoteo(post=1708112:date=May 28 2009, 08:16 AM:name=Necro)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Necro @ May 28 2009, 08:16 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1708112"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i have the exact same problem and have had it for years! (which is why i never post anymore)

infact i was able to bypass it for this by logging out, coming to the thread replying and logging in when it asked :|<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thats exactly how I've been bypassing it. I'm really looking forward to NS2 and it woud be great to be able to be a part of this community again.

I dont want to be a stick in the mud here, but I'd like someone to at least take a look at the problem.
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    This seems to affect very old accounts. Both of you registered in 2002. Anyone else having this problem? It would be good to know that it was old accounts for sure.

I also see something in the error log that might indicate that the problem is skin-related. GWAR, I changed some skin settings for you. Did that fix your problem by chance?
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I talked to Necro who was having this problem and he said it was fixed. Hopefully we are in the clear :)
  • boobs!boobs! Old-School Competitor Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8504Members
    I have the same problem too, it must be the old accounts >_< /sadface
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Good news that fixed it! Your account should be fixed now, boobs!!

Comprox, this is an easy fix if you hear of anyone else with this problem. Edit member profile -> Board & Profile Information -> Set Skin Choice to CMS Integration.

If anyone else is having this problem, please post in this thread.
  • boobs!boobs! Old-School Competitor Join Date: 2002-11-13 Member: 8504Members
    yay it worked!

thanks Charlie ;)
  • GWARGWAR Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2297Members, Contributor
    Works perfectly, thanks for taking the time to fix it!