NS2 Marine painting

2»

Comments

• PistachioPistachio Join Date: 2005-05-26 Member: 52481Members
    This is a really nice looking piece, Exo. I like the composition in general, and you've really got the dull glow of both her armor, and the ashes on the cigarette and paper looking excellent. I also think it's worth noting that you've done a great job of making her look very feminine without exaggerating her feminine qualities - it's her pose and facial features that really stand out, and succeed in creating that. This makes everything look very natural and believable. There's so much art out there that takes masculine and feminine looks to such extremes that it just ends up being void of any real creativity(like showing a full body shot of her with a massive chest and hips under her armor). It's a testament to your skill that you haven't done that. Well done, man. Well done.
  • OBhaveOBhave Join Date: 2003-03-13 Member: 14462Members, Constellation
    edited June 2009
    Cory mentioned that they changed the concept... well I hope they made the chest area more armor-like ... I can't stand a fictional world when the males are wearing cool, functional looking armor but the females are wearing some thin piece of crap specially crafted to look like ###### (or worse, actually BARING the ###### thus inviting her enemies to stab/shoot her there).

The "make room for the ######" part of the armor should be smoothly cylinder-shaped, not precision-crafted to fit exactly around the breasts. Make a functional looking, mass produced armor of average proportions and leave it to the imagination how big her mammaries really are. If the boobs are too big they'll simply be squished and dispersed a bit around the cylinder-area (and no, it doesn't hurt or anything).

that's my 2 cents anyway... and probably every woman's

(made a thread about this <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=106722&st=0#entry1713143" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...=0#entry1713143</a> )
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    for me its looking overall very good. i would like to see more detail (more work) everywhere.

And she is looking like she had a successful battle against some alien scum before, maybe you could indicate that
    somehow?

but if you dont care to put more work in that painting, its looking still very nice as it is now :)
  • steppin'razorsteppin'razor Join Date: 2008-09-18 Member: 65033Members, Constellation
    She looks completely badass, nice work. Looking forward to seeing the final piece.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    edited June 2009
    <!--quoteo(post=1713142:date=Jun 20 2009, 11:19 PM:name=OBhave)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OBhave @ Jun 20 2009, 11:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1713142"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The "make room for the ######" part of the armor should be smoothly cylinder-shaped, not precision-crafted to fit exactly around the breasts.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    But.. but.. I've never seen a woman with cylindrical mammaries. Or perhaps you meant, a woman with a single breast. Freaks of the future?
    <i>Nanites.</i>®
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    Awesome work so far. Would love to see the final product.!!
  • senor_hybridosenor_hybrido Join Date: 2009-06-04 Member: 67687Members
    Her eyes, is this... an Infested Marine???
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1715886:date=Jul 6 2009, 02:52 PM:name=senor_hybrido)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (senor_hybrido @ Jul 6 2009, 02:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1715886"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Her eyes, is this... an Infested Marine???<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    it's.... a not finished product :)
    I belive it's meant to be the glow of the paper on fire... imo she should be burning a skulk leg to light a cig I feel... :)
  • TheMatrixTheMatrix Join Date: 2008-11-02 Member: 65358Members
    GOOD WORK! she is hot ^^ but yeah use a burning skulk leg:P
  • Skyforger2Skyforger2 Join Date: 2007-10-19 Member: 62681Members
    edited July 2009
    this one is very old picture !