I Just Played NS2

2»

Comments

• RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1715135:date=Jul 1 2009, 09:40 PM:name=Price)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Price @ Jul 1 2009, 09:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1715135"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->RobB, manga?
    "Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex " is great series.
    But i never hear about "Zero One"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<a href="http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/zeroone/0/27/12" target="_blank">http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/zeroone/0/27/12</a> - some PR blabla
    <a href="http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/zeroone/0/27/17" target="_blank">http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/zeroone/0/27/17</a> - actual footage of the system
    <a href="http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/zeroone/0/28/5" target="_blank">http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/zeroone/0/28/5</a> - 'nother shot
  • Nima_Nima_ Join Date: 2007-08-30 Member: 62083Members
    Man dreams can be bizarre... I've had a few dreams about games, but none about NS/NS2 yet :(
  • FraxinusFraxinus Join Date: 2008-03-02 Member: 63783Members, Constellation
    I dream about NS every once in a while. Cool story bro.
  • HarimauHarimau Join Date: 2007-12-24 Member: 63250Members
    Had never heard of Zero One. Doesn't seem to have the best ratings so I might file it away for a rainy day. I'm a fan of Gantz, though.
  • omaoma Join Date: 2003-06-04 Member: 17001Members
    I've also once had a ns related dream tho suprise suprise i was the hero of that dream :) tho this was way back when ns1 was young and best game ever made for the hl1 engine.
  • RobBRobB TUBES OF THE INTERWEB Join Date: 2003-08-11 Member: 19423Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=1715223:date=Jul 2 2009, 08:26 AM:name=Harimau)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Harimau @ Jul 2 2009, 08:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1715223"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Had never heard of Zero One. Doesn't seem to have the best ratings so I might file it away for a rainy day. I'm a fan of Gantz, though.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The author stopped the Series right before the final battle, which jarates fans off.
    we'll see if he continues it after he completed gantz in the next issue ;]
  • Cereal_KillRCereal_KillR Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1837Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1714529:date=Jun 28 2009, 10:02 PM:name=lilboy98)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lilboy98 @ Jun 28 2009, 10:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1714529"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->my sister woke me up by throwing my pants on me.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

wut
  • ThaTha Join Date: 2009-06-05 Member: 67694Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1715264:date=Jul 2 2009, 09:51 PM:name=Cereal_KillR)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cereal_KillR @ Jul 2 2009, 09:51 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1715264"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->wut<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

exactly.

no seriously

"wut"

please, make it sound more wrong.
  • NeoSniperNeoSniper Join Date: 2005-06-02 Member: 52976Members
    Haha!

I actually dream about playing NS2 almost everyday... just not literally. That'd be cool.

True story: After playing a lot of TF2 (mostly as spy) right before going to sleep like 3 nights ago. I woke up to my cel's alarm and tried to "sap" it. Really I looked straight at it for like a seconds wating for the sapper outline to appear. Upon figure out what was going on I then reacted out with my rl arm and turned it of.

Weird things the brain does at times :)
  • Tom HoenTom Hoen Join Date: 2009-07-02 Member: 68004Members
    I did read this thread yesterday and wondered how someone can see NS2 dream. I have had many dreams about games but only when I had played them before going to bed.

But why I'm posting this here?

It's because I indeed had NS2 dream last night. I can't remember anymore what happened but I do remember that grenadelauncher had 4 ammos and it was <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stripper_clip" target="_blank">stripper clip.</a>
  • LonelyLonely Join Date: 2006-11-01 Member: 58164Members
    I had a dream about it the other night. I dreamed that I was a marine running around in circles chasing after skulks. But then I woke up because I got smashed on an elevator ><
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Join Date: 2003-02-07 Member: 13249Members
    Heh, this is a fun thread.

I have NS2 dreams from time to time as well, but I in no way shape or form think that is actually how the game will be. For one thing, there are lots of little details that I wouldn't expect to be in the game, like hull breaches on a space station, having to re-program and repair civilian/corporate equipment for military purposes, having to evac civilians and scientists and a bunch of other kooky stuff. I mostly just tried to come here and express the ideas my imagination put forth when I heard about the development of NS2.

Best of luck with your NS2 dreams, see if you can "edit" your dreams when you have them, that can be a real trip - some people say they can exert a certain amount of control over their dreams.
  • DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1715896:date=Jul 6 2009, 04:41 PM:name=CanadianWolverine)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CanadianWolverine @ Jul 6 2009, 04:41 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1715896"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Best of luck with your NS2 dreams, see if you can "edit" your dreams when you have them, that can be a real trip - some people say they can exert a certain amount of control over their dreams.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If you gain awareness it's a dream, then you can exert control over it. I've had that happen from time-to-time I've "woken up" within my dream per se... I realised it was a dream, yet at the same time accepted things as if it were the "norm" (IE: I could insta-teleport anywhere if I felt like it) kind of "it's the norm".

Waking up for real I go "AH ######... Missed out on a good thing there..." :)
  • S!KS!K Join Date: 2009-07-03 Member: 68024Members
    lilboy, you're funny. Don't give yourself a heart attack!
  • RideRide Join Date: 2003-11-11 Member: 22511Members
    What the heck guys? Dreaming of NS2, all together starting within one week?
    This can only mean one thing.. The BUS is finally working and Flayra managed to get into our brains!

Quick! Tin foil hats, bring em in!
  • lilboy98lilboy98 Join Date: 2009-05-15 Member: 67414Members
    Had another one about a couple days ago, forgot to post it since I was busy at the Anime Expo.

I was an Onos yet again. I was able to see a the map layout this time, and it was pretty small. There's point A and there's point B with a single lane connecting them both. 10 Marines on one side, and a super Onos on the other, which was me. =D It played out really fast since my devour digested marines in about 1 second. The area the Onos is in was a circular room with walls, giving cover to marines and making it easier to avoid the Onos.
  • 1mannARMEE1mannARMEE Join Date: 2008-09-23 Member: 65064Members
    The Super Onos reminds me of Jedi Knight II Playtype were there was one guy with a Lightsword and the others only had normal weapons and only the guy with the Sword could get some points ... this would be a funny mod for NS and the Life form the player takes depends on "randomness" or the number of other players around. :)