Jail Sucks, I just got out

2»

Comments

• ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    <!--quoteo(post=1702998:date=Mar 19 2009, 12:22 PM:name=PerfectionsFlaw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PerfectionsFlaw @ Mar 19 2009, 12:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1702998"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Back on topic, jail sucks- share!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There's probably not much to share since I'm likely the only other person who's ever been in a prison. I go into prisons regularly as my job is to design and install security systems in them.

Sometimes as part of my job I come into direct contact with crims. We're told to not speak to them and do our best to ignore them. Don't give them anything, don't accept anything from them.

I spend a lot of time in small rooms with the prison guards, however. By and large they adhere strictly to protocol since almost every interaction with a prisoner is recorded in some form, either audio, video or both. Any use of force, even a pair of handcuffs, causes paperwork. Most of the crims are known by first name to the guards. They seem to focus on training the crims to behave well with punishments like being put in a detention unit and rewards like jobs around the prison for some money in their internal prison economy they've got set up. They can cash in their earnings for cigarettes, softdrink, phonecalls, that kind of thing.

Every prison in Queensland has a shower in every cell and, contrary to popular belief, soap holders. They've got their own little bed, writing desk, light switch, a few power points and a toilet/sink.

--Scythe--
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1703006:date=Mar 19 2009, 12:20 AM:name=Scythe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scythe @ Mar 19 2009, 12:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1703006"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There's probably not much to share since I'm likely the only other person who's ever been in a prison. I go into prisons regularly as my job is to design and install security systems in them.

Sometimes as part of my job I come into direct contact with crims. We're told to not speak to them and do our best to ignore them. Don't give them anything, don't accept anything from them.

I spend a lot of time in small rooms with the prison guards, however. By and large they adhere strictly to protocol since almost every interaction with a prisoner is recorded in some form, either audio, video or both. Any use of force, even a pair of handcuffs, causes paperwork. Most of the crims are known by first name to the guards. They seem to focus on training the crims to behave well with punishments like being put in a detention unit and rewards like jobs around the prison for some money in their internal prison economy they've got set up. They can cash in their earnings for cigarettes, softdrink, phonecalls, that kind of thing.

Every prison in Queensland has a shower in every cell and, contrary to popular belief, soap holders. They've got their own little bed, writing desk, light switch, a few power points and a toilet/sink.

--Scythe--<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Man, I should go kill some Australians.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    I don't think it's contrary to popular belief to say that the showers have soap holders; it's more a question of dropping the soap when you're using it, not when you're not using it.
  • PerfectionsFlawPerfectionsFlaw Join Date: 2003-02-14 Member: 13555Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1703018:date=Mar 19 2009, 10:32 AM:name=TychoCelchuuu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TychoCelchuuu @ Mar 19 2009, 10:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1703018"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't think it's contrary to popular belief to say that the showers have soap holders; it's more a question of dropping the soap when you're using it, not when you're not using it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And thus soap on a rope was born.
  • HazeHaze O RLY? Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-PerfectionsFlaw+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PerfectionsFlaw)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Well, to elaborate on what happened,<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I refuse to believe you've done that.