Did we really break the armor 1 trend?

SmoodCrooznSmoodCroozn Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22310Members
<div class="IPBDescription">That's what this change was supposed to do</div><a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?s=4068009854794589696&showtopic=86623" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....showtopic=86623</a>

In nearly every game I play, armor 1 is still the first thing upgraded.

Comments

• BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    Well... The +5 was also to boost a bit the 3.1 marines. I guess w1 would be used a bit more if people could use sg:s properly in public and dc was used more. As long as aliens pick the mc its probably better getting the a1 1st.
  • ChocolateChocolate The Team Mascot Join Date: 2006-10-31 Member: 58123Members
    a1 is the most useful upgrade in the game arguably. When I'm comm, I see many more of my marines die before a1 than after, and it's quite alot of marines that dont die too. I feel much more comfortable with sgs given after a1 because that 1 extra bite is very valuable.

Nothing really new in this post... meh....
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    the updates made armor need even worse.
    If they pick SC I will techup to armor2 before anything else simply cause your rines will need that extra bite. (yes I med)
  • BacillusBacillus Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58241Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1619315:date=Apr 6 2007, 05:06 PM:name=DC_Darkling)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_Darkling @ Apr 6 2007, 05:06 PM) [snapback]1619315[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    the updates made armor need even worse.
    If they pick SC I will techup to armor2 before anything else simply cause your rines will need that extra bite. (yes I med)
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I haven't done any math, but does a2 really help that much? Early lvl 2 hmg vs sc lifeforms is very useful. Of course it depends on the serversize too. In 6v6 I'd rather have some weap upg:s before the fades and 2nd hive kick in. W2 while rushing the hive is often the decisive upgrade.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    with meds armor2 lets you live another bite. That helps.
    Now thats one sure bite. In those 1, 2 seconds you can pump out as much bullets as you want. Since you are still there teammates are not targeted and can also still fire.

with earlier weapons you died. Teammates have less members to fire with (you died) and with weapons each bullets must count. If you mis 3 bullets without weapons the 'lack of damage' is less.

in a timeframe you simply spit out more damage.