Japanese dude freaking out at Resident Evil.

2»

Comments

• LikuLiku I, am the Somberlain. Join Date: 2003-01-10 Member: 12128Members
    I keep hearing about that level! I'll have to play that game now.
  • ZigZig ...I am Captain Planet! Join Date: 2002-10-23 Member: 1576Members
    I keep hearing about it too, and I feel ashamed that I never played the Thief games. When they came out I was always in an extended period of brokeness.
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1609306:date=Feb 26 2007, 12:58 AM:name=Liku)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Liku @ Feb 26 2007, 12:58 AM) [snapback]1609306[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Doesn't help when being armed doesn't mean anything against the spooky stuff, you can't kill it, and at times you can't use your weapons.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When you can get hurt, you have weapons (some ghosts can be shot). When unarmed you wont get hurt, so it's more like watching a scary movie fps style.
  • AbraAbra Would you kindly Join Date: 2003-08-17 Member: 19870Members
    Yeah but you are not affraid <b>to die!</b>. It's irrational chocks composed by the state of mind we are in when playing these games. To navigate the 3D world, you have to some extend pretend to be present in that world.

For me that is.
    <!--quoteo(post=1609307:date=Feb 25 2007, 06:01 PM:name=Mantrid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mantrid @ Feb 25 2007, 06:01 PM) [snapback]1609307[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    Try making them play The Cradle from Theif: Deadly Shadows. THAT is fun to watch.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Bump just to say, I've just beaten the Cradle at 6:20 AM... what a level. The atmosphere! Certain things I didn't dig though, but wow that was intense.
  • CrotalusCrotalus Join Date: 2003-12-02 Member: 23871Members
    edited March 2007
    I used to play Theif, but then I quit early. Would you mind telling me what the Cradle level was about?

EDIT: I have to say that the Penumbra game looks like a great survival horror! You have no weapons besides what you can find around you. The physics were as good or probably better than HL2, and it seemed like it was easier to manipulate. You have to use what's around you to hide from enemies, barricade doors, and create quick escapes. I think this is how horror games should go, where you have absolutely no way to fight back, save your wits, and whatever junk material is around you.
    I just finished the game, pretty good; the Cradle is worth it alone.

The Cradle is an abandonded complex that served as a Orphanged than an Insane Asylum, you need to check it out to learn about a certain character in the game.