"white.bmp not found"

MerkabaMerkaba Digital Harmony Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 22Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester Posts: 2,571
Trouble compiling smd
Hi,

I'm having trouble compiling a model; I keep getting the error "(texturemappath)/..\white.bmp not found". A previous iteration of the same model compiled fine. I am using studio max 8 with some HL2 exporters.
CODE

Full log:
entering ship.qc
grabbing C:\GameDesign\Apps\HLModel\Models\ship\SMD/ship_ref.smd
triangle reversed (0.445684 0.136218 0.913598)
triangle reversed (0.445684 0.913598 0.136218)
grabbing C:\GameDesign\Apps\HLModel\Models\ship\SMD/ship_idle.smd

************ ERROR ************
C:\GameDesign\Apps\HLModel\Models\ship\maps/..\white.bmp not found

C:\GameDesign\Apps\HLModel\Studio MDL>copy "..\Models\ship\ship.md
l" "C:\steam\steamapps\merkaba48\half-life\nsp\models"
        1 file(s) copied.

I do not use white.bmp anywhere, and it is not in either of my smds. It IS however in studiomdl.exe, on the same line as the 'triangle reversed' part. It looks like:

..\white.bmp triangle reversed (%f %f %f)

I have no idea what is wrong. I have done an STL check on my model and its fine, no errors at all.
"I am the woodsie lord, the Trickster of legend. If you be thirsty, flesh thing, drink of me. If you be hungry, then feed, for I am the honey-maker and the jacksberry." ~ The Trickster, Thief: The Dark Project (1998)

Comments

• MerkabaMerkaba Digital Harmony Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 22Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester Posts: 2,571
    Well, I fixed the problem by hunting down the guilty triangles & rebuilding them. I could not see what was wrong with them, but I guess that's the solution to my problem. Nevermind!

Additional:

I guess the white.bmp was used by Valve as a way to highlight bad polygons in their models.
    "I am the woodsie lord, the Trickster of legend. If you be thirsty, flesh thing, drink of me. If you be hungry, then feed, for I am the honey-maker and the jacksberry." ~ The Trickster, Thief: The Dark Project (1998)