Could Someone Compile My Model Please?

Serge_THE_GREATSerge_THE_GREAT Join Date: 2005-02-15 Member: 41322Members
edited March 2005 in Collaborations
<div class="IPBDescription">I'd appreciate it.</div> This is a glass cube model I made for the admin of the Teamplay server. I need someone to help me with the following:

1.) Assigning the hit boxes for the glass cube.

2.) Compiling the model.

I would really, really appreciate it if someone could assign the hit boxes and compile this model for me. This model is suppose to trap players that... need to be locked up. The players are (obviously) going to be placed inside the cube, but I don't know how to assign the hit boxes and compile the model. If someone could do that for me, I will credit their name and thank them very much for it.

Thanks.

Comments

• ZeroByteZeroByte Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3057Members
    You want to put that in a better interchange format. Use .3ds. Not sure how to export from milkshape though. As for hitboxes. Uhm? The hitboxes on the model don't really matter much iirc.
  • Serge_THE_GREATSerge_THE_GREAT Join Date: 2005-02-15 Member: 41322Members
    May I ask what 3ds is?
    Well, it has been a week since I made this model, and noone has had the time to compile it yet. I am "bumping" this post so perhaps more people can see it (noone really checks this part of the site, due to the general lack of threads here in this section).

As always, I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    Or you could PM the guy who replied to you, there's a novel idea.
  • ObstObst Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14436Members, Constellation
    Or simply export it as .smd ...
    I think this is what you mean. What does this have to do with anything though? I saved it as "reference", whatever that means.
    What it has to do with anything? Well, what about that none of the people that want to help you can use the filetype you use?

smd is something I think all the people that are able of compiling are able to work with.

And to the reference .smd you need to provide the textures you used.
    Here is the texture I used. <a href='http://img232.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img232&image=glasstest8bmp5jg.png' target='_blank'>http://img232.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img232&ima...test8bmp5jg.png</a>
  • SnappyCrunchSnappyCrunch Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30328Members, Constellation
    Here you go.

Compiling a model isn't that hard. You can learn how from any number of tutorials around the net, many of them linked from the stickied thread at the top of the Help and Troubleshooting subforum. You've shown that you're not willing to look for the answers on your own, that you just want someone to do it for you. No one wants to help someone who doesn't even put forth a little bit of effort.

When you have problems implementing this model however you've chosen to, I doubt anyone will help you then, either.
    When I try to download it says the file is corrupt.

I looked at the tutorials, I did most of the work with the help that Obst gave me (thanks again!), but when it came time to compiling it, I didn't think it would be difficult. Then, Dr_Fuzzy told me there would be hit box errors, and after seeing the procedure to do that, I was confused out of my mind. Thanks a lot for compiling it for me, I just hope I can find out how to download it successfully.
  • SnappyCrunchSnappyCrunch Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30328Members, Constellation
    The download works fine for me, but here you go anyway:

<a href='http://www.snappycrunch.com/ns/pre-releases/cube.rar' target='_blank'>http://www.snappycrunch.com/ns/pre-releases/cube.rar</a>
    The model works... to an extent. For some reason, you can walk right through it (except for a really small part the admin told me). This is a picture of that very model. Did you assign the hit boxes, or did you just compile it?
    As I said before, to make the hitboxes work correctly you have to use multiple bones and multiple hitboxes, one for each side. This is the only way to create a "hollow" inside.
    I still don't really undestand... I probably look like a complete idiot right now.
  • TheUdderOneTheUdderOne Join Date: 2004-05-04 Member: 28471Members
    The reason you can walk through all of it except for a small proportion is because you only have one bone.

I think i'm correct in saying that hl will automatically assign the hit boxes when you compile the model.

So, use some more bones, to create a bigger hitbox.

Its a bit hit and miss, but you'll figure it out with some messing about.
    I'm not sure how the bones work though. I still don't know how to compile it myself and I am losing hope. Please don't call me lazy, because Thatamos makes some very nice models but he still doens't know how to compile a model. You say it's about trial and error and everything, but how can I load the model into Natural-Selection to test it? Is there a program I need or a console command I have to use?
    I'm bumping my post to see if I can get some help.
  • slayerkl2slayerkl2 RUFCKINGKETAMINE?????? Join Date: 2004-10-17 Member: 32324Members
    okay ill explain through paint what obst is trying to say...
    check back tommaro for a tutorial on it.
    Were you able to find a tutorial? Just wondering.
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    Here's your last friendly hint. PM people rather than bump dying threads. Otherwise you're just going to annoy people who would otherwise help you.