Popupmenu...

digzdigz be still, maggot Join Date: 2002-05-07 Member: 588Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
Is there a way to script with the popupmenu so I can have a teamsay along with a marine medpack request, or a teamsay saying going fade, without binding it to a key on the keyboard?

Comments

• Jmmsbnd007Jmmsbnd007 Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9793Banned, Constellation
    "impulse 10; say_team MEDPACK!"
    "impulse 11; say_team AMMO!"
  • MintmanMintman Join Date: 2003-05-30 Member: 16866Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-digz+Jan 30 2005, 09:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (digz @ Jan 30 2005, 09:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Is there a way to script with the popupmenu so I can have a teamsay along with a marine medpack request, or a teamsay saying going fade, without binding it to a key on the keyboard? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No, the menu is coded into the game and as such there is no way of altering it through scripts.
  • digzdigz be still, maggot Join Date: 2002-05-07 Member: 588Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Mintman+Jan 30 2005, 06:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Mintman @ Jan 30 2005, 06:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> No, the menu is coded into the game and as such there is no way of altering it through scripts. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well that is poopie.
  • CheesyPetezaCheesyPeteza Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9784Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    You can edit it a bit, but the only commands you can add is the impulse commands so no aliases. But you can readd some of the voice commands that were taken out of the menu, or just reorganize the menu if you really want to. You just have to edit the ui.txt file in the ns folder.

Its also a good place to go to to find out what all the impulse commands are.
  • PaegusPaegus Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5306Members
    has anyone come up with a nice user-friendly editing gui for ui.txt? in vb or some such
    which would let you reposition menu entries, hud layout, add/remove/replace the various entries
  • CheesyPetezaCheesyPeteza Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9784Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    No, and I doubt anyone will make one either. While you can only use impulse commands its really not much use. If it was altered to allow you to use normal commands/aliases aswell then I think someone might put in the effort to create such a tool.

Try editing the file yourself if you really want to, but theres not much point really, you'd be better using the <a href='http://www.counter-script.net/index.php?id=21' target='_blank'>CommandMenu</a> like you have in cs/tfc.