Resident Evil 4 No Longer Gc Exclusive

ChronoChrono Local flyboy Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18989Members
<div class="IPBDescription">poor gamecube?</div> <a href='http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/31/news_6111911.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6111911' target='_blank'>full story</a>

basicly says about 1 year after the GC release there will be releases for other consoles

Comments

• StarchyStarchy Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15727Members, Constellation
  • SkinnYSkinnY Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7500Members
    edited November 2004
    horray... my xbox is going to be happy when it recives that...

edit\\

wth... **** i want it to my xbox >_<
  • raz0rraz0r Join Date: 2003-07-24 Member: 18395Members
    they had <i>better</i> not change the engine for the GC game so it works better on the PS2 version

the PS2 couldn't even run RE4, and it shouldn't

Exclusives should stay exclusive
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    Exclusives punish the gamer. RE is a huge franchise now and it's suicide for the company to say "hold up lads, we're going to make this game JUST FOR ONE CONSOLE".

I'm a big RE fan, but even I balk at buying a console just to play 3 freaking games on it. I'm not buying a Gamecube just for the privilege of RE 0, revamped RE, and then RE4. Not happening. I don't have money to burn, I don't need a sixth console cluttering up my scart jacks.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    Capcom revealed that the decision to make Resident Evil 4 go cross-platform was based on requests from fans worldwide, in addition to market considerations and shareholder requests. The statement also made mention that each version of the game will be developed to take advantage of the strengths of its intended platform.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So we can all be glad that none of us are missing out. I don't think it means the GC is dying, it just means Capcom understand that exclusives are a surefire way to cripple your profit unless you have a guaranteed monopoly.
  • GeminosityGeminosity :3 Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20667Members
    Considering I own a Gamecube and PS2 the only thing left for me to buy before 'exclusive' means zilch to me is ye olde x-box. I almost wish I had one so I could buy into the halo 2 hysteria. I mean I liked Halo and H2 will probably be fun too but I just want to get all 'fanperson' and hyper about something =P
  • MalevolentMalevolent Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18842Members
    I don't think it's that big of deal. Really who wouldn't want their franchise on PS2 since everything sells like hotcakes on it. I was a little angry at Capcom for stating over and over again that it'd be exclusive, but I'll live. Besides, from what I see/hear, it'll be better on the Cube anyway (and come out a lot sooner).
  • KungFuSquirrelKungFuSquirrel Basher of Muttons Join Date: 2002-01-26 Member: 103Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    edited November 2004
    "poor gamecube?" I disagree. They still get it for a year before the other versions show up. There's plenty a market for success in the meantime, and then the other consoles get a chance to get what they missed out on earlier. I doubt it'll hurt the GC, but it's a very smart move for the developers to encompass the widest market possible.

Edit: Oh, just the PS2? Hell, even once I have a PS2, any game that's on only the GC and PS2 is a hands-down win to the GC. Better controls, less assy graphics, etc. etc.
  • pardzhpardzh Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1601Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Necrosis+Nov 10 2004, 01:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Necrosis @ Nov 10 2004, 01:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Exclusives punish the gamer. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Exclusives hurt the gamer no more than crappy port jobs do.
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    Wait... I see no mention of an Xbox port.
  • ThE_HeRoThE_HeRo Join Date: 2003-01-25 Member: 12723Members
    Gamecube is much better than PS2, its going to have trouble running RE4. I don't care though, I'll buy the GC version.

Sucks for the Xbox!
  • ChronoChrono Local flyboy Join Date: 2003-08-05 Member: 18989Members
    i would think it would be a better idea to port to xbox instead of ps2

sucks that the ps2 is going to have crapped out graphics and the horrid motion blur
  • NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    Link makes no mention of a crappy port. In fact it looks like they're taking a year to effectively convert it over.

So I don't see it being bodged.