What Is The Counter To Jps?

124»

Comments

• MadcapMagicianMadcapMagician Join Date: 2003-04-07 Member: 15265Members, Constellation
    The counter to JPs is lerk, especially in combat.
    Almost every game I see marines win is because there were no lerks to fight JPs and almost every game I see aliens win is a direct result of lerks.
    I've consistenly seen 1 lerk shut down a 2-4 JP rush on the hive.

The current lerk is a JP killing machine.
  • Blue_MaryBlue_Mary Join Date: 2004-08-26 Member: 30921Members
    edited October 2004
    Lerk is a Killing machine to jp...

...provided that the JP doesn't have a shotgun or HMG to kill the lerk, or bait the lerk to a small room with his gl...

At least spikes let you fight the JP far away, easily, effectively, and far away fromt he lethal JP shots.

Remember, we have to pretend that these JP people have skill....which is usually at least one of the JPs in a large public game.
  • cookmancookman Join Date: 2003-12-22 Member: 24654Members
    The intended counter would be lerk. But it only remains as intended, not effective.
    Right now there is no such thing as an 1on1 counter to jetpack, I find that the only thing that can pick those flies down is sheer numbers.
  • BlueeBluee Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6286Members
    And sheer numbers is not a valid counter. What happens to the rest of the marines?

Oh, that's right. In Combat, they're up your butt in your hive spamming you to kingdom come. In Classic, they've already taken down a couple of your res nodes and have built a phase/TF/siege outpost on your 2nd hive.

All because of a couple JPs with shotties/HMGs.