Impact Of Knockback Reduction In Recent Beta?

2»

Comments

• ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin-Bluee+Sep 24 2004, 11:08 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Bluee @ Sep 24 2004, 11:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Once hit registration is fixed, the seeming dominance of lack of knockback will become a non-issue. A vanilla skulk still dies in 9 vanilla LMG bullets. Do you know how short of a time that is? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You are wrong on two things:

1. Aliens kill marines faster providing alien is in an ambush, two happen in approx. .53 seconds, and it takes a marine nearly a second to kill a skulk.

2. Aliens dominate with no lag, not marines. If one LMG bullet doesn't register because of lag... big deal. On the other hand, a bite misses? Out of 2? That screws things up big time for aliens. Aliens are much more powerful with no lag.
  • BlueeBluee Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6286Members
    My bites register just fine, marines aren't moving at extreme speeds so bite registration isn't really an issue.
  • illuminexilluminex Join Date: 2004-03-13 Member: 27317Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I guess the implementation of reduced knockback has 2 effects. In pub it has influenced the balance causing a 50/50 win ratio, unfortunately what works for one doesn't work for the other casuing 80/20 win ratio in favour of aliens for pracs. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Damn, those marines must be dumb as hell. Think about this for a second: if your entire win, as a team playing on the side that has the odds tilted in your favor, is disrupted because the default enemy class biting you <i>does not</i> send you flying across the room, that has quite a few things to say about your team.

The thing that annoys me the most is that the bug itself wasn't removed, they just nerfed the whole thing. The bug was the problem in the first place. I saw far too many people exploiting that, and some of them still do. It just means instead of flying 20 feet away, they're now 10 feet away.
  • LegatLegat Join Date: 2003-07-02 Member: 17868Members
    I'm quite relieved that there are others experiencing an increase of hitscan failures in B5. I really began to wonder.

Is there someone who could set up a server with some buddys and do some tests?
  • keelemkeelem Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7482Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Forlorn+Sep 25 2004, 02:00 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Forlorn @ Sep 25 2004, 02:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> 2. Aliens dominate with no lag, not marines. If one LMG bullet doesn't register because of lag... big deal. On the other hand, a bite misses? Out of 2? That screws things up big time for aliens. Aliens are much more powerful with no lag. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What the hell are you talking about forlorn? A warping skulk is almost impossible to hit, unlike a warping marine, because skulks are so much faster.
  • illuminexilluminex Join Date: 2004-03-13 Member: 27317Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->QUOTE (Forlorn @ Sep 25 2004, 02:00 AM)
    2. Aliens dominate with no lag, not marines. If one LMG bullet doesn't register because of lag... big deal. On the other hand, a bite misses? Out of 2? That screws things up big time for aliens. Aliens are much more powerful with no lag. 

What the hell are you talking about forlorn? A warping skulk is almost impossible to hit, unlike a warping marine, because skulks are so much faster. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You missed his point. A marine has a full clip of 50 bullets to fire at a skulk. If he misses 2-3 bullets, he still has 47 possible hits. If that skulk misses just one bite he'll probably be dead. That was Forlorn's point, and although he is wrong about Kharaa domination without lag, his point is still more than valid.