Radical Siege Change

2»

Comments

• SnidelySnidely Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13098Members
    edited September 2004
    Resonably, though, you'd expect it to hurt marines regardless of FF variable. The point is that "reason" can go take a hike, as long as it improves the gameplay.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "exploiting" them. Sieges are quite common in pubs; it's always going to be a safer option than a PG shotty rush. That doesn't mean they're over or underpowered. I feel that they should only harm buildings since aliens will only lose their home field advantage; they won't<i> also</i> get shredded on spawn by a sonic pulse.

EDIT: weird typo.
  • CombatJoeCombatJoe Join Date: 2003-09-11 Member: 20768Members
    edited September 2004
    concur on the cost change for the siege cannons themselves. 25 is really steep, 15 is cheap for what it does, 20 sounds just right. you really shouldn't say that's a high price when you think about the money you get back from recycling. usually you don't leave the stuff just outside the hive, you want to rebuild it inside the hive... you get half your money back.

as far as damage goes for hitting lifeforms... well... story wise i think the sieges did damage only at the epicenter of where the two waveforms collided... that can be translated to giving them a very small radius instead of the sometimes huge splash they have now. when i'm using siege guns i don't really count on them to kill the aliens for me, that's what the marines are for... i just want the hive or OCs to go away...

shrink the splash some, raise the cost to 20. the increased cost also potentialy increases the time it takes to siege in general since marines may have to wait for the 2nd or 3rd gun... as it is now i really don't have to watch my resources while i'm commanding and doing a siege, it's that cheap.
  • AreteArete Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5921Members
    Ahhh Sieges, the bane of all marine existence on public servers.

Leave them how they are, I do enjoy watching them spend about 200 resources in turrets/TF's, sieges and phase gates only to be wiped out, the phase gate destroyed and an unsuccessful hive killing when all they had to do was take their 7 people into the hives with shotguns and unload on it in a matter of seconds watching it die.