How To Make Your Mates Weld You?

2»

Comments

• Rapier7Rapier7 Join Date: 2004-02-05 Member: 26108Members
    You're kidding me. Aussie servers and European servers tend to be more idiot-free than servers in the States.
  • the_x5the_x5 the Xzianthian Join Date: 2004-03-02 Member: 27041Members, Constellation
    I won games before when I talk some n00bs under my wing. That's what the function of an FC is for. To lead and strategize. The CCC is there to asssist the FC, make the drops, do the research, and coordinate the movements of troops.

I am alwyas nice to n00bs and get really annoyed when other players get violent or mean towards n00bs.

This is especially because when I began playing NS (with version 2.01) I remember very well how overwhelmed I was with information and complexity.

Everyone was using the names of the locations and I was confused at what all of these glowing light things were. (hivesight) I was a lost skulk trying to follow other but they moved so fast through the complex vent and openings in the maps that I would usually loose them. It took a while before I was used enough to the maps that I could find my way arround.

So I asked in general if someone could help me learn how to play and some **** made some inappropiate comment about n00bs i don't remember exactly and I got angry. So I say again.

<span style='color:yellow'>EVERYONE WAS A FRiKING N00B AT SOME POINT. EVERYONE. SO BE NICE.</span>

I was insulted mostly because I have played HL since inception and had just come over to NS from being an amature-expert in TFC.

Brand new players to NS will have no clue what the hell is going on. If you actually take the time to teach them you might find a big ego boost and some one who will remember.

I still remember who trained me: |s| Goddy
  • the_x5the_x5 the Xzianthian Join Date: 2004-03-02 Member: 27041Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-Rapier7+Aug 31 2004, 08:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Rapier7 @ Aug 31 2004, 08:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You're kidding me. Aussie servers and European servers tend to be more idiot-free than servers in the States. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I have to agree. For some reason Texas servers tend to be the worst. Now again this is just my experience. So I can be wrong but from what I've experience I have to agree a little on this.
  • Swift_IdiotSwift_Idiot Join Date: 2003-01-05 Member: 11883Members
    I hope to god NSLearn is a partial success, for the sake of everybody.

There is a website. The website has a manual. The manual is comprehensive and covers everything there is to know about the basics.

Asking the forums for help is the last resort for anyone.

Not R'ingTFM is what defines "willful ignorance."

There is no excuse. You will notice the period. Even a newb playing literally for the first time should be amazed, but not completely lost in the game, BECAUSE THERE IS A COMPREHENSIVE MANUAL DETAILING EVERYTHING A NEW PLAYER NEEDS TO KNOW ON THE SAME WEBSITE HE HAD TO DOWNLOAD THE MOD FROM. HELLO MCFLY HELLO ANYONE HOME UP THERE?

I was a newb too, but I threw myself into learning the game and made my honest mistakes and figured it out by the time 1.04 was over. And frankly if it's been this long and you're still dwelling on the fact that when you were new people called you a newb, someone needs to put you on a couch and analyze you.

I'm going to find that damned thing and link it in my sig.

I gave up playing on EU servers mostly because the lil prickers can be some of the most openly arrogant pub-allstar wannabes to ever carry an english accent. From what I remember of Voogru servers and others in the EU, the players who aren't being obnoxious voicechatting dickjackers with an inflated sense of self-worth are exactly the kind of willfully stupid knownothings that this topic is all about in the first place. That and the mindless flood of gamebreaking admin mods just irritate me so badly that I gave up on them forever. As for AUS servers, from what I hear, they can be just as bad. Cry cry cry, someone dropped a CC in front of the onos B&NT. Sorry, no. I wouldn't even go look at them at this point. Not to mention if I want a lousy gameplay experience because of the players on the server, I don't have to go as far as Australia or Europe to get it. There are plenty of crappy american pubs with the exact same draconian rules, counterproductive admin mods, and braindead players. The least of my demands is a ping below 60.

Why are you even mentioning Texas. The only one I've seen is HK. I live in California. You'll get no love of Texans from me either TBFH. I hate all the little special children equally. But when it comes down to picking a pub, all things being equal as they typically are, I'd rather play on the servers where I get the lowest ping, in the country where NS was born.

I spend all my time playing other games. I'm familiar with NS, but I'd look pretty embarrassed if you actually caught me playing it at this point, and you'd never see me using my name by now. It's enough that I know how the game works. When B5 is out, I'll switch my name back, give it all another whirl, and see if my opinions have changed. Call me.
  • Mr_FuriousMr_Furious Join Date: 2004-07-09 Member: 29810Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-agentx5+Aug 31 2004, 08:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (agentx5 @ Aug 31 2004, 08:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
    I have to agree. For some reason Texas servers tend to be the worst. Now again this is just my experience. So I can be wrong but from what I've experience I have to agree a little on this. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Ha, bush is from texas

and to get ha with welders to weld me I tend to go with " Weld me you **** or I'll cut you from your **** to your chin" haha no seriously, try different servers and see if theres a more "Teamwork" based server. I'm sure you'll find one
  • slipknotkthxslipknotkthx Join Date: 2002-12-17 Member: 11016Members, Constellation
    Yeah its just us texans hate you and don't want to weld you.

Just make a script like i use

bind "key" "say_team [need welding];flashlightimpulse;flashlightimpulse;

Add flashlightimpulse as many times as needed.
  • Fat_Man_Little_CoatFat_Man_Little_Coat Join Date: 2003-12-02 Member: 23857Members
    edited September 2004
    Love it as an Onos when I see three or more HA's in a welding Circle Jerk with their backs to me.

By the time they put their welders away and pull out their guns I'm gone with one less HA for them to weld.
  • ReBootReBoot Join Date: 2004-05-26 Member: 28931Members
    Another point of stupidity.