Simple Mmorpg = Free = Win

tracknumberseventracknumberseven Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10741Members
edited July 2004 in Off-Topic
<!--QuoteBegin-tracknumberseven+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (tracknumberseven)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I stumbled across this gem last night. When everyone was praccing/warring, I was sitting bored looking for mmorpgs that were small to download and easy to play.

Well I found one, and for those interested check out <span style='color:white'>Omitted.</span>

It's a fairly simple game, sort of like Runescape mixed with Final Fantasy, Secret of Mana and Dransik but far from being any single one.

I know, I know you're thinking *cringe* not another freaking 'mmorpg' runescape style.. believe me, thats what I thought. I was wrong.

There arent too many players [max prolly 30 on at once] and the world isnt too big [small but expanding fast]..but its fun.

It's done with Macromedia Director 3.0 so the animations are heaps smoothe.. it still needs work though. It's free.

There are some really nice admins too, usually always happy to help but as you can understand they're really busy mapping and getting the game on its feet.

Here are some screenshots. [Linked for size[kb] and size[800x600]]

<span style='color:white'>Omitted.</span>

As you can see there are still a few bugs and stuff but as they are developed Medisle Online is something that will grow, and grow fast. So come on in and check it out, drop us a message in game, my username is trackeh.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Comments

• JimmehJimmeh Join Date: 2003-08-24 Member: 20173Members, Constellation
    By the looks of it it uses the old beta server of <a href='http://www.unfungames.com/fso/' target='_blank'>First star online</a>, which is now ILLEGAL according to the dev team... or something.
  • JragonJragon Join Date: 2004-02-23 Member: 26820Members
    Correct jim. little after we drifted away from our server it became fully illegal to run.
    old news.
  • tracknumberseventracknumberseven Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10741Members
    edited July 2004
    Carefactor: 0
    And neg, it's not illegal, the "OFFICIAL" site has links to other server sites which are free to play. GOT GG?
    <!--QuoteBegin-tracknumberseven+Jul 25 2004, 03:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (tracknumberseven @ Jul 25 2004, 03:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Carefactor: 0
    And neg, it's not illegal, the "OFFICIAL" site has links to other server sites which are free to play. GOT GG? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->

You do realise that they are the OFFICIAL servers which have been PAYED for.
    you f'ing n00b. yes its free to play. because those people pay money for the server per month.
    edited July 2004
    lookout!

ILLEGAL IS ON THE INTERNET!?! OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll quote myself.

<!--QuoteBegin-tracknumberseven+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (tracknumberseven)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Carefactor: 0<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-tracknumberseven+Jul 25 2004, 03:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (tracknumberseven @ Jul 25 2004, 03:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> lookout!

ILLEGAL IS ON THE INTERNET!?! OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    - Use of non-NS copyrighted materials in posts or in chat are discouraged and could be removed without notice.

- Any comment that calls for or encourages unlawful or illegal behavior or might result in harm to others is prohibited.

AKA. No warez.
    What jimmeh said was the point we were trying to make. you really think we dont know about illegal stuff on the internet? then you are more moronic than you think we are mate.
    Do what you want and think what you want.

See last quote.
  • DubbilexDubbilex Chump Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9799Members
    I expect this to be locked within minutes. As a matter fact, here goes a report.
  • SoulSkorpionSoulSkorpion Join Date: 2002-04-12 Member: 423Members
    edited July 2004
    <!--QuoteBegin-tracknumberseven+Jul 25 2004, 10:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (tracknumberseven @ Jul 25 2004, 10:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->lookout!

ILLEGAL IS ON THE INTERNET!?! OH NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll quote myself.

<!--QuoteBegin-tracknumberseven+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (tracknumberseven)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Carefactor: 0<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <span style='color:white'>Be nice.</span>

Welcome to the NS forums!
  • twoflowtwoflow Singing Drunk Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1950Members, Constellation
    I will play this game.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
  • cshank4cshank4 Join Date: 2003-02-11 Member: 13425Members
    these games usually don't hold my attention for longer then a month but still looks good.

*goes back to playing a free server on RO*
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    <span style='color:red'>***Locked.***</span> Warez talk is not tolerated around here.
This discussion has been closed.