Diffrent Heavy Classes

VideoJinxVideoJinx Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59548Members
Along the regular heavy could be different classes of heavies that come with special equipment and a new design.

Example: A new heavy could have equipment on the arm/glove of his suit that allows him to emit an electric "spheric" wave around him. All aliens hit by the wave are stunned and electricuted...

To balance the New classes of heavy, there could also be new classes of aliens.. Perhaps a shape shifting alien who's good for extreme camoflauging and it could have the ability to take over Host including the heavy classes.
The catch is the after taking a host the player gets a scar on his cheak or something. So if a marine gets a good look at your face your caught.
other then that, the alien could blend in with the croud and hear commander's orders through the suit.

Comments

• schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    cool idea, but i think it would be a bit hard to pull off

for example what would happen to the player that got possessed?

would he just spectate, or would he die and respawn? (and tell everyone)
    plus dont forget that names should up when you point the crosshair at players, would that give him away?
  • MasterPTGMasterPTG Join Date: 2006-11-30 Member: 58780Members
    Interesting idea, but it might just add complexity without any gameplay value (can you imagine trying to balance different types of heavies? It'd be a nightmare and one would always be more popular).
  • glimmermanglimmerman Join Date: 2004-04-29 Member: 28300Members, Constellation
    I think it's more... the heavy marine continues to his duties, but the alien can also see through his eyes... i.e. it can see his current health status, ammo and hear orders through the team and from the comm..
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    A new alien, which only function is to spy? How would you disperse of the alien when he have possessed a HA? Shoot him? Should it work with FF off?

And no, HAs dont need a 2nd layer of defence.