NS/NS2 Enhanced GamePlay

VideoJinxVideoJinx Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59548Members
Ok I was thinking enhance the NS experience and this is what ive come up with.

If you notice NS has 'Res Towers' around the map that marines and kharaa fight for in order to gain the upper hand.

I think it would be very interesting to add a new 'somewhat easy to impliment' feature.

In several locations around an NS map could be "Electrical Circuits". These curcuits could control the Lighting of the area the curcuit is in. If the kharaa dmges the curcuit below 50% the light flickers. Any more dmg and the light dim until their is no light at all.

This "Dark field" of play can give the aliens an advtange also a way to come back where as the the marines would want to weld the curcuit so there could be light and the enemies would be easily visible.

Comments

• BuzzouBuzzou Join Date: 2006-12-14 Member: 59056Members, Constellation
    in the game devolopment blog, flayra has suggested that this could be implemented with the dynamic infestation, which would turn the lights off once it made contact with the switch/circuit board, and marines would have to burn it all back to turn the lights back on.

very good ideas, i hope either are implemented, or both.
  • Voodo_HUNVoodo_HUN Join Date: 2006-11-29 Member: 58773Members
    you get resource by the amount of area you hold?
  • VideoJinxVideoJinx Join Date: 2007-01-10 Member: 59548Members
    nope lights off just make it harder for marines to hold rts in dark areas and harder to kill aliens... while lights on makes it easier