I Am Back!

Da_SargeDa_Sarge Old School Suck Join Date: 2002-10-15 Member: 1502Members
<div class="IPBDescription">With a story no less</div> Hello all. This is Da Sarge, back after extensive "testing" of NS. Well, I have a hella lot of stories to tell ya about. I may post a couple later on, but lemme tell ya one that just happened today.

It was an 8-8 match on NS_Bast. Our commander seemed to know what he was doing, so no one complained. He dropped a spawn portal, then a turret factory, and most of the basic stuff people put in the beggining. Well, after we get a turret factory up, we come under attack. I hear bites, I turn one direction, nothing. The next, nothing. 2 of my fellow team mates go down to two different skulks. Oh great, rushed in first 2 minutes of game play. We eventually kill em, and continue fortifying ourselves. Once our spawn seemed adequate (and after a few other skulk attacks), we started to branch off. Me and another player decided to take the node in the main aft junction. So we go in, and there is already an enemy tower there. I whip out my knife n chop away, while my teammate blasts it with his LMG.

Well, we eventually take it down, and we ask for a tower there, and a factory. We knew that the enemy would soon be on us. On the other side of the big blast door on the left on the main aft junction, we could hear the tell tale sounds of a gorge building stuff. I started yelling at my comm to drop more and more turrets. Of course, in a perfect world, we would get all the turrets up n running, but nope. 3 or 4 skulks come rushing me and my friend, and we are killed, not even half way done building our turrets. When we spawn back in, we decide to load up, and try for another push. When we get in, we are suprised to see that they have totally taken control over the room, with O chambers, and D chambers, and a new resource tower. In fact, the door in the room had opened, and there were O chambers sticking out of there too. We knew we would need more than our little LMG to clear up this mess. So, our comm kindly drops us some GLs and HA. We push into the junction, hearing un-human growls ahead. We make it to the junction, and open fire, spaming the room with fire. Oddly...we only took down a few O chambers. We concentrated our fire mostly on the resource tower, but it didn't fall. Maybe it was a bug...or just some D chambers somewhere. Anyways, the Kharaa caught on to what we were doing, and rushed us out of there. The commander decides that that room is long gone, so we leave it.

Now, we are told that we have control over a hive, and that it is under heavy attack. I rush through the portal in the middle of our spawn, and find myself surrounded my grenades exploding, and acid rocket being launched across the room. I took some heavy damage before I could really get into the fray. Me and 3 other HA marines manage to push them out of there, then build up some turrets and a siege cannon, to dispose of the O chambers on the other side of the wall. The hive room comes under attack a few more times, heavily, with massive exlosions that literally rocked the map. I remember my screen jumping around. We manage to hold the hive, with a heavy price. With all the RPs spent on making new weapons and HA, we were down bellow 10. Well, we push into the tram tunnels, deciding if we want to stop em from getting the hive, this is the best place. But those damned Kharaa dunno when to give up. They rushed us again, with 4 fades I believe it was. Bursts of green all around me. I could see an umbra cloud surrounding them, and I told my teammates to take out that lerk first, but we coulndn't find it. They must have had cloaking. After a heated battle, we ended up loosing the hive, because of our lack of RPs. So, now they had 3 hives, and plenty of RPs, and we prepared for the onslaught of the Onos.

A few marines decided to go out and venture on their own, see if they could find any open nodes, or anything. Others decided to stick in spawn and get ready to defend. Well, we soon get an Onos bite kill message on our HUD. This is what we have been waiting for.... The elevator to the spawn starts coming up.... We weren't ready for this. 3 Onos, poised and ready for attack, come rushing at us. Bursts of LMG fire, turret fire, sounds of the mighty Onos ripping into my teammates was all that could be heared. It was grueling to whatch, even worse to be in. The commander knew it was over, and promptly said "Hey, sorry guys". Well, without saying, we lost the match. It was a hard fought battle, but hey, you win some, you loose some.

I got alot of Onos stories....some were really crazy. I might post some later, but for now, time to go n PWN some n00bs with my shotfun.

Comments