More skill

KashinataaKashinataa Join Date: 2006-12-08 Member: 58954Members
<div class="IPBDescription">If wall climbing reguired more skill...?</div>At a quick glance it seems that there are more ideas for aliens. Benefit ideas and such. Well I was thinking that it would be cool if playing as an alien would kind of "require more skill".

If wall climbing wouldnt be as easy. Im not meaning that it should be <i>hard</i> either.

My ideas are kind of hard to explain, but what Im trying to say is that, maybe a way to make it harder would be the controls. So that; when you wall climb you should press more keys, or jump at a correct timing or something like that.
It would also be great if you could jump from wall to wall more swiftly and do longer and smaller jumps.

Hard to explain. And to be honest, I dont really have a specific idea or way to this.
Hope somebody gets me. =)

Comments

• EmpEmp Join Date: 2006-11-25 Member: 58705Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i disagree, i think that the wallclimbing is almost perfect as is.
  • DumbMarineDumbMarine Join Date: 2003-02-16 Member: 13645Members
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It would also be great if you could jump from wall to wall more swiftly and do longer and smaller jumps.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Looks like you need more skill =P (Seriously, in bhop videos, people can do some craaaazy shtuff with skulks)

I don't understand how making wallwalking harder would improve the game at all though.
  • SmoodCrooznSmoodCroozn Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22310Members
    I'm against this as it's hard enough already as a skulk to ambush marines when they require 3 or more bites to finish and can travel in packs. Make the game easier and naturally, more people will play.
  • waterbusterwaterbuster Join Date: 2006-12-17 Member: 59117Members
    edited December 2006
    I am sorry, but this does not seem like a good idea.

Skulks have a hard life as-is, and introducing a feature to make it harder for them to wall climb seems....akward. Battle's dont really take place on the ceilings. And climbing wouldnt benifit a good skill as is, but harm them.