Bringing in Secondary fire.

Wyattx3Wyattx3 Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18386Members
This has been suggested waaay back as far as I can remember, and seeing as how NS and NS2 are going to be completely different, I thought that this could be something that added to the gameplay.

One of the reasons I thought of this was because of the new alien movement with 3.2. I think like most people I've bound mine to mouse2 and it works quite nicely. But why not change the alien movement simply to alternte fire instead of an actual ability and add some new abilities to the jobs that have the movement abilities.
Just an idea that could help make some room for new abilities that would better suit the aliens in NS2 and their new environment.

In addition, the Marines also have great potential with Secondary fire as well. For example, that nifty scope on the LMG, (Even though I know a scope in NS is almost pointless) but it doesn't mean it can't have some other use. Pistol whip, same for the shotgun, HMG and GL would prob be something different. However the reason I'm excited about this idea is since a Flame Thrower may be coming out in NS2, and noone has really suggested a working flame thrower. My idea would be to shoot a steam of oil out with secondary fire and ignite it with Primary fire. For example, You and two other marines walk into a corridor full of infestation, they cover you while you douse the room in oil and then ignite some, setting the whole room ablaze and scorching the infestation all at once. In addition, you can also set streams of oil on fire as it shoots out, and burst fire, allowing complete control of how and where the flames go.

Personally i think the possibilities are endless and it seems like small additions compared to some and would beef up the gameplay to a whole nother level.

Comments

• TheOriginal10RoundTheOriginal10Round Join Date: 2006-11-11 Member: 58528Members
    Not to knock the whole , fire fuel and then light it on fire bit but..........a flame thrower uses a highly flamable mixture that burns and burns and burns........so why have a secondary fire for something that already does the same thing?

But I do agree, I would like to see secondary options on weapons, whether it's a small GL on a lmg or it it just turns on a flash light. The pistol could have burst fire or a lmg burst fire............something...........but secondary fire was a big BIG nono in NS before. We can only hope!