Dwarf Fortress

1252627282931»

Comments

• ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    I'm still debating the ultimate fate. Haven't decided yet.

I'm going out of town for a week or so, methinks I'll grab the latest version of DF for my work laptop.

--Scythe--
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    So I'm in need of some technical assistance and thus far the internet has failed me. I'm trying to get dfort to run on Ubuntu Intrepid and I run into problem using the native linux client or trying to wine the windows client. Trying to use wine the program seems to work for a little while, then all of the characters(as in letters) change to things their not supposed to be and it stops responding. With the native client the screen goes black when I press a key and is completely unresponsive. Any ideas?
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    <!--quoteo(post=1702646:date=Mar 14 2009, 11:04 AM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(locallyunscene @ Mar 14 2009, 11:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1702646"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So I'm in need of some technical assistance and thus far the internet has failed me. I'm trying to get dfort to run on Ubuntu Intrepid and I run into problem using the native linux client or trying to wine the windows client. Trying to use wine the program seems to work for a little while, then all of the characters(as in letters) change to things their not supposed to be and it stops responding. With the native client the screen goes black when I press a key and is completely unresponsive. Any ideas?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You have to turn off window effects for DF to run under linux. Ubuntu's whizzy zooming window effects play silly-buggers with it. Put the window effects on simple mode and it should be fine.

--Scythe--
  • locallyunscenelocallyunscene Feeder of Trolls Join Date: 2002-12-25 Member: 11528Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=1702659:date=Mar 14 2009, 04:22 AM:name=Scythe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scythe @ Mar 14 2009, 04:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1702659"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You have to turn off window effects for DF to run under linux. Ubuntu's whizzy zooming window effects play silly-buggers with it. Put the window effects on simple mode and it should be fine.

--Scythe--<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Huzzah!, Zomg so fast now! I shall go back to killing many many gobbos now.
  • RetalesRetales Panigg cultist Join Date: 2003-08-07 Member: 19180Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1702670:date=Mar 14 2009, 04:18 PM:name=locallyunscene)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(locallyunscene @ Mar 14 2009, 04:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1702670"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Huzzah!, Zomg so fast now! I shall go back to killing many many gobbos now.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Killing <b>goblins</b>? What are you talking about?