Gaming Community a GO! but need workers

FirewaterFirewater Balance Expert Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10690Members, Constellation
After the meeting I had last night, the Gaming Community is a go and is expected to launch around december.

While there are a good amount of people on board, we still need some more people to fill these spots.

Envision/PHP coders. We need you guys to do some skinning as well as front end stuff.

Public Relations/Promotions. People with significant pull in other game's communities, or general gaming sites preferred. The objective is to promote the community and servers to get the most amount of people exposed to it as possible.

Artists. We need people to do banners, logos, buttons etc... Any kind of artwork done on the site is neccesary.

News Updaters/Liasons. This is similar to PR but these guys scout other communities/games and posts news on them. Keep the website fresh and interesting.

If you are interested, please PM me with what you can do so we can set up a meeting with the people who are in charge.

Comments

• puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited October 2006
    What positions do you already have filled? It looks to me like you need all the boring jobs filled, as you probably already have all the interesting jobs that really matter filled. What organisation structure are you planning to use? Will people who participates as a contributor have an equal say in the running of the community?
  • FirewaterFirewater Balance Expert Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10690Members, Constellation
    edited October 2006
    I hardly think PR/Promotions is boring or being an artist.

Everything else we need is filled, mainly people who are contributing financially, database manager, general website manager, game server manager.

I can't go into much more detail then that. Anyone who works for the website will have a say what goes on, I can personally guarentee that. We aren't looking to powertrip or boost our eEgos. We will listen to any idea that sounds sensible and logical., and respond appropriately.
  • puzlpuzl The Old Firm Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14029Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    They seem boring to me, but yeah, i guess if that's your thing they'd be fun. In a gaming community, the real fun is dealing with the game servers and the server adminning. Those are the roles that are demanding and challenging, but also rewarding.
  • FirewaterFirewater Balance Expert Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10690Members, Constellation
    I will find someone to fill the positions, I already have a PR guy and a banner guy, and I am workin on the PHP coder.

More PR and artists are always welcomed however.
  • The_RangerThe_Ranger So.Cali Join Date: 2003-01-27 Member: 12800Members, Constellation, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited October 2006
    I say:

Good Job and Good Luck.

Do you have a website up yet, or is that in the works? Forums?

Also, hit me up about PR/News Updater.
  • EviL_ErNiEEviL_ErNiE Join Date: 2005-03-09 Member: 44471Members
    do any of the spots pay $$$$$$$?
  • SloppyKissesSloppyKisses omgawd a furreh! Virginia Join Date: 2003-07-05 Member: 17942Members, Constellation
    GL with the community mate, seems to be going good.
  • AlcapwnAlcapwn "War is the science of destruction" - John Abbot Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17590Members
    I would gladly do news postings/forum moderating.

<a href="http://fieldcommander.cncnz.com/" target="_blank">I did briefly work on a "Planet" type website</a> for a very brief time-that is, before the game's community shrunk to almost non-existant.
    Any help I can get would be great.