Donation System is undergoing construction

cerberus414cerberus414 Join Date: 2005-05-07 Member: 51098Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
edited September 2006 in NS General Discussion
Before the rollback, I asked a question about the condition of the current donation system. As of the moment, it is undergoing construction and Flayra suggested not to use it. Just thought I needed to post this in case someone really wants to donate. Hold your horses and try out (<a href="http://www.zenofsudoku.com" target="_blank">Zen of Sudoku</a>) in the meantime, maybe you'll like it. =P

Comments

• RuByRuBy Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10732Members
    Is there any estimation of when it will be back up?
  • DubersDubers Pet Shop Boy Edinburgh, UK Join Date: 2002-07-25 Member: 998Members
    So is this just a recommendation or are you advising us to definatly not try and donate until further notice?
  • ValoValo Join Date: 2005-03-22 Member: 46102Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    i wanna donate for constilation, i've been waiting for almost a year to do so
    forums went down just as i was about to grrrr
  • im_lostim_lost TWG Rule Guru Join Date: 2003-04-26 Member: 15861Members
    In the thread that got wiped out from the rollback, Flayra said not to use the rollback system. You won't become a constellation member right now from it, so if you really want to donate money the simplest way is to purchase Zen of Sudoku. I'm personally going to wait for the donation system here though.
  • AlcapwnAlcapwn &quot;War is the science of destruction&quot; - John Abbot Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17590Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1566727:date=Sep 18 2006, 01:43 PM:name=im_lost)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(im_lost @ Sep 18 2006, 01:43 PM) [snapback]1566727[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
    In the thread that got wiped out from the rollback, Flayra said not to use the rollback system. You won't become a constellation member right now from it, so if you really want to donate money the simplest way is to purchase Zen of Sudoku. I'm personally going to wait for the donation system here though.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Me too, finally going to just send the $$$ in.
  • cerberus414cerberus414 Join Date: 2005-05-07 Member: 51098Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    Frankly as a long standing member of this community I don't trust the powers that be here much any more. After extensive analysis I don't think there's a massive amount of game design talent behind NS and I'm not sure anyone ever really learned from their past mistakes in the project because it certainly seems like no one has gotten around to fixing them. This community and project have been mismanaged in nearly every way since their conception at one point or another, some of those issues have been rectified and some have not.

In my opinion flayra needs to prove that NS wasn't just a lucky hit on an arbitrary formula still, and this company as a whole needs to show more professionalism and administrative responsibility in their public gathering places.

As much as I've love to rant and rave and curse people out for the crap that has been going on I'd much rather see this community succeed because of what the people here have meant to me in the past and the experiences I've had here despite the <strike>best efforts of administration to ruin that</strike> the unfortunate circumstances that have befallen this community. At this point I'm not willing to invest in any project here through donation, but that being said, I'm not willing to stop observing what is happening and reconsidering in the future.
  • SnappyCrunchSnappyCrunch Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30328Members, Constellation
    I've responded to your post in the "State of NS thread", Swiftspear, because I'd like you to elaborate, but I don't want to derail this thread. Thread is <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com:90/forums/index.php?showtopic=97939" target="_blank">here</a>, my post is <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com:90/forums/index.php?showtopic=97939&view=findpost&p=1567102" target="_blank">here</a>.