Problem With Mousewheel And Switching Weapons

CrazedMonkOnaMissionCrazedMonkOnaMission Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7429Members
This isn't really a NS specific problem, it actually occurs to me on all HL mods and etc.

I have a Logitech Optical Mouse SE (using USB, latest drivers), and I use the mosue wheel to switch guns. However, this works fine in every other game. But in HL it seems to count each roll down, as two rolls down (switches down 2 guns, rather then down 1 gun) This happens no matter what, while playing internet, singe player, testing it by starting a lan game and trying to scroll as little as possible. However in NS it is interesting because when I scroll to the next weapon it only changes it by one, however the normal menu on top does not show (one with all the weapon categories) however scrolling to previous weapon still has the same problem. I've tried checking the fast weapon change thing in customize then advanced, but it makes no difference. This is more annoying for me as I don't use the standard wasd keys for moving, so cant just use the #s to select weapons easily.

Ok, I've tried almost everything, and I've so far only found 1 solution to this problem, but I don't want to use it (or can if I wanted to without a big hassle in the future). It is by running a certain program with HL, which isn't very good (some of you should know what I am talking about by now) but for some reason, if I use that and play HL mods it switches weapons without a problem.