[NS:S] SIEGE!

ZenzouZenzou Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33462Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">You guys need to make an official siege gameplay type!</div>There's a lot of siege maps out there that are HUGE and perhaps we could have a more "open" siege battlefield. Perhaps instead of a siege room, siege tanks are on a set course that marines can be on and defend... so at first no one can attack each other but build defence for the aliens and offence for the marines. The tanks are built automatically and are controlled automatically.

Comments

• J!J! NS2 Artist Join Date: 2004-11-14 Member: 32788Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester
    Judging from past experiences, it's no doubt best that the development team focus on refining just one gameplay mode. If the customs community want to build on top of that (seige maps, etc), they're absolutely welcome to.
  • ReKReK Join Date: 2004-08-30 Member: 31058Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    I'd actually like to see this. Those who know me know that I am avidly against funmaps when played for more than one or two rounds, but, if done right, this could turn into something quite good.

As evidenced by the fact that they exist without the need for code changes, it wouldn't be hard, but making an official version of them would give us the chance to guide the gameplay a little. Make it more tactical rather than spamfest. Granted, I do enjoy the occasional spamfest and I'm sure siegemaps of the original kind will pop up regardless, but this could be a median between classic and full on siege, and be really fun.