Mic Not Working In Cc?

SittingDuckSittingDuck Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7571Members Posts: 4
Is it just me or a bug?
Hey, i don't know if this has been posted b4(too lazy to read 5 pages of posts) but when i go into the CC my mic wont work anymore. i use voice_loopback 1, which enables you to hear yourself talk after you type it into your console. when i go into CC, i dont hear my mic, and my name doesnt pop up on the right like it would if you were talking... any help?? ty and sry if this is a repost..
Lowering your standards is the key to success.
user posted image

Comments

• MindmeldmeMindmeldme The Evil One Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1637Members Posts: 447
    I've heard that from a few commanders...don't know if it's something in thier game settings or some clitch...could be a bug but. Doesn't seem to wide spread.
    The Evil One
    1st Commander of the Argarian Steel Legion
    My Victory is Imminent
  • FlatlineUTDFlatlineUTD Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7695Members Posts: 1,464
    I haven't had a problem with voice comm while Commanding before. I *do* know that when I join a game and the current Commander doesn't have voice comm, it's extremely annoying to communicate. If this is a bug, hopefully it will be fixed soon.
    "Flatline, you have been upgraded from awesome to friggin l337." - Legionnaired
  • Jon_VincibleJon_Vincible Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5804Members Posts: 36
    Mic doesn't work on the mouse for some reason. Bind it to a keyboard key and your problem will be solved.
    - Building a better tomorrow, today!
  • XHydraliskXHydralisk Join Date: 2002-07-14 Member: 945Members Posts: 273
    I have mic set to MOUSE3. It worked fine. Although I don't get that voicecomm icon when I'm talking so there's no way to make sure until a marine yells "YEAH WE HEAR YOU, NOW GIVE US ORDERS".

I think the icon gets covered up by the commander interface, it also clips with one of the marine upgrades.
  • Jon_VincibleJon_Vincible Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5804Members Posts: 36
    It does get covered up... but it still doesn't work on my mouse while i'm commanding...
    - Building a better tomorrow, today!
  • FlatlineUTDFlatlineUTD Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7695Members Posts: 1,464
    It's tough to see the voice comm icon when the interface is there. It's there, but hard to see.
    I've never tried binding my voice comm to a mouse button, which may be why I've never had a problem.
    "Flatline, you have been upgraded from awesome to friggin l337." - Legionnaired
  • MeltedSnowmanMeltedSnowman Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7779Members Posts: 245
    I had to boost the Line In volume in NS even though it was fine in other mods.

Check your settings.
    user posted image
  • t0net0ne Join Date: 2012-07-15 Member: 154142Members Posts: 20
    I just started experiencing this exact issue with build 261. mic works just fine with the hotkey as soon as I jump out of the chair or hive.
    Soylent_green