Attack Animation

Iron_MaidenIron_Maiden Join Date: 2003-09-24 Member: 21167Members
Is there anyway to prevent the animations from the attacks , like swipe and so? is it legal?

Comments

• Fatal_ErrorFatal_Error Join Date: 2005-01-15 Member: 35840Members
  • CaptainHarassmentCaptainHarassment Join Date: 2005-04-18 Member: 48827Members
    Why would you want to?

<i>r_drawviewmodel 0</i> does this I think, but it's illegal in CAL. If you don't play in CAL, however, then go crazy with it.
  • BlueNovemberBlueNovember hax Join Date: 2003-02-28 Member: 14137Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainHarassment+Jul 29 2005, 06:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CaptainHarassment @ Jul 29 2005, 06:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why would you want to?

<i>r_drawviewmodel 0</i> does this I think, but it's illegal in CAL. If you don't play in CAL, however, then go crazy with it. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's been locked as 1 for ages; the skulk teeth view obstruction is part of balance.
    It's possible to disable them, but I'm not going to be the one to give details. Besides, it's impossible if sv_consistency is 1.
  • RoverRover blargh Join Date: 2003-09-23 Member: 21139Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Iron Maiden+Jul 28 2005, 09:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Iron Maiden @ Jul 28 2005, 09:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> 1) Is there anyway to prevent the animations from the attack?
    2) Is it legal? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    1) Yes.
    2) No.

End of discussion.
    <!--QuoteBegin-BlueNovember+Jul 29 2005, 04:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (BlueNovember @ Jul 29 2005, 04:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainHarassment+Jul 29 2005, 06:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CaptainHarassment @ Jul 29 2005, 06:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why would you want to?

<i>r_drawviewmodel 0</i> does this I think, but it's illegal in CAL. If you don't play in CAL, however, then go crazy with it. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's been locked as 1 for ages; the skulk teeth view obstruction is part of balance.
    It's possible to disable them, but I'm not going to be the one to give details. Besides, it's impossible if sv_consistency is 1. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If it's locked at 1, why does CAL see it as an exploit?
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    It's part of the game, thus it would be illegal to remove it.

And if you get used to it, it's gives little or no problem.
  • meepmeep Join Date: 2004-02-04 Member: 26034Members
    edited July 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainHarassment+Jul 30 2005, 01:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CaptainHarassment @ Jul 30 2005, 01:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-BlueNovember+Jul 29 2005, 04:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (BlueNovember @ Jul 29 2005, 04:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainHarassment+Jul 29 2005, 06:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CaptainHarassment @ Jul 29 2005, 06:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why would you want to?

<i>r_drawviewmodel 0</i> does this I think, but it's illegal in CAL. If you don't play in CAL, however, then go crazy with it. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It's possible to disable them, but I'm not going to be the one to give details. Besides, it's impossible if sv_consistency is 1. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If it's locked at 1, why does CAL see it as an exploit? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Because it is one. Isn't that like asking "If the bank vault is sealed why is it illegal to rob?!?!!"?.
    edited July 2005
    <!--QuoteBegin-meep+Jul 30 2005, 11:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (meep @ Jul 30 2005, 11:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainHarassment+Jul 30 2005, 01:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CaptainHarassment @ Jul 30 2005, 01:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-BlueNovember+Jul 29 2005, 04:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (BlueNovember @ Jul 29 2005, 04:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainHarassment+Jul 29 2005, 06:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CaptainHarassment @ Jul 29 2005, 06:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why would you want to?

It's possible to disable them, but I'm not going to be the one to give details. Besides, it's impossible if sv_consistency is 1. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If it's locked at 1, why does CAL see it as an exploit? <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Because it is one. Isn't that like asking "If the bank vault is sealed why is it illegal to rob?!?!!"?. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think you misunderstood: if you can't change it to 0, then why is it a rule for CAL to have it at 1 if it's locked? Hey, let's make up a rule where you can't change something thats locked. Pointless.
  • BlueNovemberBlueNovember hax Join Date: 2003-02-28 Member: 14137Members, Constellation
    Perhaps CAL say that to offer an explanation to why it is locked? Besides, their rules tend to preceed the locking of settings. (In fact they tend to directly preceed them.)

Therefore it is likely that CAL created the rule, NS devs locked the variable, and CAL saw no reason to remove the rule. That's the best explanation I can offer.
  • ChimpZealotChimpZealot The Elite Demo Detective Join Date: 2002-11-30 Member: 10315Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Because it's a rule from the 1.0x days where you could actually set it to 0.
  • DarkFrostDarkFrost Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15154Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainHarassment+Jul 30 2005, 07:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CaptainHarassment @ Jul 30 2005, 07:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-BlueNovember+Jul 29 2005, 04:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (BlueNovember @ Jul 29 2005, 04:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-CaptainHarassment+Jul 29 2005, 06:47 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CaptainHarassment @ Jul 29 2005, 06:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why would you want to?

If it's locked at 1, why does CAL see it as an exploit? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    There is a way around consistency. That would be reason enough to keep the rule.
  • Parasit3Parasit3 Join Date: 2005-06-17 Member: 54034Members, Constellation
    its not something that is hard to do if you know what you're doing... just some editing required. but stuff like this is stronly discouraged