Making A Func_weldable "break" On Trigger

GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members
basically im using a func_weldable as a bullet blocker, but i want it to break on round start, so that only the hull is left to block and people can still pass through.

i tried triggering it with gamestartedsequence, and that didnt work, then i tried a trigger_random, and that didnt work either. so do you have to weld it to make it go away?

Comments

• SgtBarlowSgtBarlow Level Designer Join Date: 2003-11-13 Member: 22749Members, NS2 Developer
    edited July 2005
    This may work, Set health to 1 and put a tick in 'starts enabled' and try to kill it with a trigger hurt, I dont know if this will work but I am sure a weldable can take world/player damage as I remember being able to eat a bar to re-open a welded vent?
  • GiGaBiTeGiGaBiTe Join Date: 2003-10-07 Member: 21489Members
    i will have to try that. but now im having another problem. i have a func_train that im using for an elevator. but i have 4 buttons that will trigger it. what i want is if one button already triggers it, it will lock the other 3 so they cant be used to make the elevator get stuck on its way down or up.

i shamefully decompiled ns_warshaft12 because thats the only map i have seen that does that method, although its insanely buggy. when i looked at the ents, good grief, theres about 30 entities that control it.

now im thinking thats probably way too many for that function to work in the map, although i cant figure out what entity controls what because they all use overly complex names.