The Omega Conflict, Part 2

BaconTheoryBaconTheory Join Date: 2003-09-06 Member: 20615Members
Captain Kellis woke up and found himself in a dark and dingy holding cell. Water stains and grime covered every surface. In the corner was a makeshift bed which amounted to no more than a matress with diry blankets on the ground. Whoever had been keeping watch over him had been feeding him well and providing him with books andd other things to keep him occupied. Whoever it was either had some sympathy for him, or they were trying to keep him healthy until they could unleash the virus on him. John believed it was most likely the latter of the two. John couldn't see any way to escape from this cell. the only entrance was a heavy metal security door, and it was being watched at all times. All he could do was wait.

Back on the Merit, the crew was in a state of shock.

"Can you believe this?" said Seargeant Nataki, "First they take Captain Kellis hostage, then they send heavies to come down and secure this ship."

"I hear ya man, not like we can take off either with all of those AA guns crawling up our ****. Pisses me off man. We gotta do something soon otherwise we'll all be toast." said Frank Mallone, one of the ship's assault squad leaders.

"Well the situation stands like this: about five heavy marines are standing guard over our ship at this very moment. We try and leave, they either capture us or tear us up with those HMGs. We try and take off in the ship, and those AA guns rip the the ship up into a million pieces. So what do we do?"

There was a long silence as the crew members mulled this over. Finally, one of the ship's IT officers spoke.

"Well," he said, "Think about this. We're sitting on a matience docking platform right now. where were at, there's gonna be an emergency access shaft that we can connect the docking tube to."

"Good lord, he's a genius Frank. Let's do it. I would bet any money that they locked up the access panel so Yani here is going to have to crack it for us."

"That's right. If you can get me to the panel, I can pop the hatch. All you need to do then is get in there and get the captain. Oh yeah, you might want to diable the AA systems while you're at it. Won't do us much good when we try and make a quick getaway and the guns blow us out of the sky."

"Thanks for stating the obvious Yani. OK guys, let's move. Carry your light SMGs with a couple S33 Armor-Piercing clips. Grap some Semtex too so we can spring the captain from jail."

The team made their way to the onboard armory and proceeded to gather what supplies they would need for the assault. Seargeant Nataki gave a little friendly reminder that stealth was of the essence here, so keep it on the down-low. One the crew was loaded up they went down to C deck and climbed down the docking tube to the matience hatch. Yani went up to the control panel and began to work his magic.

"All right guys, we're in. I don't go any further. I've uploaded base schematics into your HUDs and I'll be here to render any assistance that I can. God luck."

With that, the team climbed down the latter into the dark tunnels of the base. As they switched on their nightvision, everything became illuminated in a soft green glow. THe journey had olny just begun. Next stop: The Captain.