The Role Of Self Defense In Women's Lives

13»

Comments

• Jmmsbnd007Jmmsbnd007 Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9793Banned, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin-CMEast+Jul 22 2005, 04:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (CMEast @ Jul 22 2005, 04:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-JmmsbndZeroZeroSeven+Jul 22 2005, 09:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (JmmsbndZeroZeroSeven @ Jul 22 2005, 09:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> HAHAHAHAHA
    So, the police will disarm the legal gunowners, and you'll be safe because no one will <b>legally</b> have guns, just the criminals? Holy **** on a stick your logic scares me. Weapons aren't stupid; sheeple are. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What... no. The legal people don't need to be disarmed, those that refuse to give up their weapons (criminals) do. You are either a) trying to twist my words in order to wind me up in which case you are a troll or b) you honestly intrepret every phrase you say as "guns are good, pacifism bad" in which case there is no use in talking to you.

How did you manage to read that one wrong, you seem to presume that criminals are somehow untouchable and will be running around with guns while the police look on helpless. Not every country is like your own where guns are easy to get hold of you know, in England the closest people get to seeing a gun usually is a paintball or BB gun. Yes, that includes the criminals too. So you get the odd case of gun crime (something that is sadly rising too) but outside of cities it's still pretty rare.

I'm still amazed by the paradox that is 'the more weapons there are in the world, the safer I am'. I'm a big believer in getting rid of as many as possible, leaving the last few in the hands of police to protect us against those that have them.

Sometimes I really wish this board wasn't so over run with americans :/ I guess you can't help it as the idea of owning a weapon is in your constitution, its programmed in to your brain that guns are good and there is very little that can be done when it's so ingrained that it becomes part of you.

If I never see a gun I'll be happy. FPS's are games, real life is not.

Do you think the columbine massacre would have happened if they weren't brought up in a 'gun culture'? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Are you kidding me? Columbine? Please, give me a break. They didn't SHOOT AND KILL people because they were raised in a "gun culture". A gun culture teaches people safe usage of firearms and personal responsibility, not to saw off shotguns and kill people at their school. Explain to me how the police, with a 9 minute average response time in my local area, will stop a person trying to rape/kill/whatever me/someone else?
    PS: You <b>still</b> didn't answer the CCW = lower crime question.
  • Nemesis_ZeroNemesis_Zero Old European Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 75Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    OK, I think this is officially beyond help.

<span style='color:red'>***Locked.***</span>
This discussion has been closed.